[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you really call a game "retro" when you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: celice.png (2KB, 48x64px) Image search: [Google]
celice.png
2KB, 48x64px
Can you really call a game "retro" when you've probably never played it until it got popular 10-15 years later?
>>
>>3225504
Yes. It would still be a retro game. It just wouldn't be nostalgic to you specifically, which seems to be the word you are looking for.
>>
>>3225521
gud post, /thread
>>
>>3225504
Yeah, if a game was released 20 years ago but I'm only playing it now does that somehow mean it wasn't released 20 years ago?
>>
>>3225585
It apparantly does if you're playing a game that never came out in America.
>>
>>3225521
First post and OP already got owned.
/thread
>>
I feel like this was supposed to turn into some sort of "gotcha" to justify wanting to post GBA/PS2.
>>
>>3225504
Yes. There are many games that never came out in certains region like in my case the US.

There's also for a lot of people a limit to what games the could get. For me I grew up on NES/SNES/N64/Genesis, I was limited in when I could get new games. I swapped games around a lot at local places where I could trade a game for a dollar and a lot of what I picked up was stuff I read about in nintendo power and I had very little readily available internet access until I was about 13 or 14. For new games I was usually limited to what my local wal mart had.

Anyone who thinks what your asking is fact is nothing more than a hipster faggot. As your picture implies your talking about FE4 for me and many others there was very little way of even getting this game or knowing it existed outside of japan.
>>
>>3225749
Learn how to speak English for Christ's sake. Your entire post is a big fucking mess.
>>
>>3225749

Shut the fuck up or learn how to communicate, fucker.
>>
File: bitch wat.jpg (13KB, 485x700px) Image search: [Google]
bitch wat.jpg
13KB, 485x700px
>>3225770
>>3226131

It's a little messy but not bad at all, I had no problem understanding him. Chill your asses out and/or quit samefagging.
>>
>>3226138
God I'm sick of seeing this.
>>
>>3226153

Nice.
>>
>>3225504
This is probably the worst post I've ever seen.
>>
What a dumb question. When calling something retro, the only parameter considered is age which does not change depending on perspective. A game released in 1990 is 26 years old for all of us. I'm actually playing your pic right now because of the new translation and it's great, but that doesn't somehow make it not retro.
>>
>>3225504
Idk senpai. If its new to you then damn.
>the 90s are gone forever
>>
File: piersolar.jpg (22KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
piersolar.jpg
22KB, 250x345px
>>3225504
Can you really call a game "retro" when it got released after the 1999 cutoff date?
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp16968465.jpg (36KB, 449x470px) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp16968465.jpg
36KB, 449x470px
META IS MURDER
>>
File: 56863-Shatterhand_(USA)-1.jpg (96KB, 400x375px) Image search: [Google]
56863-Shatterhand_(USA)-1.jpg
96KB, 400x375px
Such a weird arguement. Theres tons of little games that only a few anons played and unlike Geneology of the Holy War they never get theie day in the sun. Are they somehow not retro now? Or are they retro until they get a revival and then its new age hipster bullshit?
>>
>>3226153
The little faggot who just found /vr/ will soon learn that him memeposting shit isn't welcome here.
>>
>>3227192
>implying he wasn't recently penguinposting
>>
>>3225504
You really can't call anything "retro" unless it's new and made with a dated aesthetic/sensibility.
>>
>>3227202
>implying there's only one memposting underage shitbag on /vr/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.