[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get this? I've got a 2 hour commute there and back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: $_12.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
Should I get this? I've got a 2 hour commute there and back to class twice a week for the next four years and I need my phone to not die before I get home.

It's in my price range, I'm really considering it.
>>
>>3224658
If I see you riding my bus with this shit, I will not hesitate to scream 'nerd' at the top of my lungs.
>>
>>3224663
and then we can play timespitter's 2 or something right
>>
Get ready to have unwanted conversations with the most autistic of your fellow commuters.
>>
Those things have horrible long term quality. Do not buy from Hyperkin, they're the worst. Look it up, there's lot of reports of units being DOA or soon after. I hear the Retro Duo portable isn't that bad if you still want something like this.

Personally I would recommend emulation. Maybe something like an Xperia Play. Plus it's a little more subtle.
>>
go get that autism checked
>>
>>3224658
Just get a psp and mod it, you can play games and don't need to haul game carts around.

Yes it's emulation, but for your scenario it's more practical.
>>
>>3224695
dude the SNES emulator isn't perfect on PSP its barely passable NES/GBC/GBA/SMS/MD is great but SNES is not.

OP why don't you just get a fucking Powerbank for your phone?so you can charge it whenever?
>>
>>3224718
or a dedicated android tablet for emulating. It will be much better than a psp if you mainly want to emulate SNES.
>>
>>3224718
>>3224721

Phones don't come with controllers and the ones you attach usually suck. I think OP is going for ease of use. He wants his phone to be a phone and his handheld console to be a handheld console.
>>
>>3224663
>If I see you riding my bus with this shit, I will not hesitate to scream 'nerd' at the top of my lungs.
See? That's why I always use headphones.
>>
get a playstation portable and stop playing nintendo games like a child. play sega genesis.
>>
>>3224658

You should not if you are above 13 and care about having a normal social life in the places you commute between.
>>
Anon.please. Get a PSP, or a GCW Zero, or literally anything that has decent emulation.

Just buy a fucking GPD XD man.
>>
OP here, thanks for the responses
I'm technologically inept so and I'm kind of fearful about breaking things when attempting to jailbreak
Might try a PSP, seems like the safest/cheapest option
>>
I would recommend installing homebrew channel on a 3DS, the New model can handle SNES emulation quite well not to mention at the same time, you will have a dedicated portable console
>>
>>3224658
If you want a portable emulator, just get a real portable emulator not this turboautist thing you have to cram a massive cart into. Its not gonna get you street cred when everyone sees you playing snes games.
>>
File: IMG_0754.jpg (92KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0754.jpg
92KB, 1280x1280px
>>3224658
Just buy a $60 2DS from store.nintendo.com, and play some great games, period. If you want to emulate some NES or GB/C, you can get an 8$ Old DS flashcart from AliExpress, and you can get a bunch of good games on the Virtual Console if you want to spend a few bucks rather than jailbreak (which is totally cool, though some might think I'm a 'shill' for even suggesting it). Not to mention the enormous back catalog of original DS games, many of which are solid remakes of /vr/'s greatest hits.
>>
>>3224658
You'll look like a turboautist with that thing. Get a bloody PSP or a Dingoo.
>>
>>3224658
no.
just get a gpd-xd or a pyra

or get a new-3ds and hack it
>>
>>3224663
I would dead ass get up in your fucking face for him and probably knock you out. Don't fuck with people.
>>
>>3224658
Shit is not practical at all, either emulate that shit on your phone or get a small android tablet. Just get a nice controller to pair with your phone/tablet.
>>
>>3224658

Here's a better idea. When you're on the bus and crap, put your phone in Airplane mode. You can't receive or send calls, but your battery will literally last for days. I'd be surprised if you even used 5% by the time your commute is over.
>>
>>3224658
I'd get one of those smartphone controllers instead and emulate. This is just not very practical and the screen resolution is butts.
>>
You should spend that time studying instead. You can play video games once you have the high paying job. Stop wasting your time.
>>
File: bitch what.jpg (67KB, 485x700px) Image search: [Google]
bitch what.jpg
67KB, 485x700px
>>3225915

>studying on transit
>>
>>3225916
If you can pay attention to video games you can pay attention to studies
>>
>>3225915
>You should spend that time studying instead
Have you ever used public transport?
I have for the past 5 years every day 2h commute.
>>
>>3225921
Oh i see you are just a contrarian.
My bad,carry on with your bs.
>>
>>3224774
A child could jailbreak a PSP, it's as easy as dragging a file to the memory card and executing it.
>>
>>3225923
Ear plugs or music m8. Set a timer for about 10 min before you get off. Make sure you have a seat. There you go m8. You can even study on your phone. I commuted to uni 2-3 hours every day for 4 years and studied with flash cards and audio books. It takes more focus to drive the beltway homie.
>>
>>3225921
>>3225925

Not him, but honestly I never crammed right up until the last minute. Best to relax right before you get in, so you're fresh and ready to go. You don't need to study on transit if you study properly/take notes properly/etc.
>>
>>3224658
"no"
>>
File: ipega-controller-4-500x481.jpg (51KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
ipega-controller-4-500x481.jpg
51KB, 500x481px
>>3224732
This one works fine for me. I use it with my samsung galaxy.
>>
>>3224658
My supaboy still works fine, but the FC mobile II I own is slowly dying. So, yeah, their quality is not very consistent...
>>
>>3225931
>Make sure you have a seat

Implying that's in any way a practical suggestion. I haven't had a seat on the train in my entire life.
>>
You're all overreacting. People his age will still remember the SNES as a console from their childhood, and everyone else won't give a fuck. In fact, as long as he doesn't use the speakers, people will probably be GLAD that he's playing that thing and not doing the shit most bus riders do.

OP, use something besides the SupaBoy. Hyperkin products are hot trash, and there's no sense restricting yourself to one console if you're gonna emulate anyway.
>>
OK.
Not retro, but I recommend getting a DS LITE.
Very Small.
can play GBA games
>>
>>3226373
If you really want that hipster cred tho get a SEGA NOMAD
>>
>>3224658
Get a 3DS and a Supercard DS2 Plus. Can emulate tons of shit. And you can have the entire original DS collection. All on one microSD.
>>
>>3224658
Don't get it. The quality is mediocre, plus you will look like a total nerd playing that giant contraption in public. Assuming you don't already have a sizable SNES collection, emulation would be a much better decision anyways since many of the SNES' best games will run you upwards of $40 each.

>>3225883
Wow, you really scared me tough guy!
>>
>>3225883
wew
>>
>>3224718
The snes emulation isn't even that bad. Yeah there's better options for snes itself, but all the other good stuff about its capabilities and it's cheap as well.
>>
File: moga pro.jpg (251KB, 1400x1351px) Image search: [Google]
moga pro.jpg
251KB, 1400x1351px
>>3224658
Moga Pro (pictured) or Moga Hero are apprently good and they have a battery built in so you can charge your phone while you use it. If you're just playing RPG's and don't mind the touch screen then I'd say just get a battery pack for your phone, they're super cheap these days.

Those SupaBoy's are fuckhuge and your games will look better on your phone. You could also consider an Xperia Play. PSP won't do SNES too well. New 3DS will but it's more expensive than the SupaBoy.
>>
File: 1362324214423.jpg (316KB, 621x621px)
1362324214423.jpg
316KB, 621x621px
>>3225915
No one's hiring, cunt.
>>
>>3226801
Thanks, Baby Boomers!
>>
>>3225927

Is it that easy now?! I remember years back it was a fucking pain to hack a PSP, unless your PSP was one of the old ones.
>>
>>3224658
Emulate, or I will hire some homeless people beat your skull in and take your super rare cart for $20.
>>
>>3226694
That thing looks chintzy as hell.

Moga has a very poor reputation for quality, look up some reviews online.
>>
Don't listen to the people here. The PSP is fucking trash for SNES emulation.
>>
>>3224743
> caring about what other people play like a child
>>
>>3225883
kek. No you wouldn't. Even if you did you'd get your ass knocked out.
>>
>>3226801
Nobody's hiring fat unskilled pampered video gamers?

Holy shit. What changed?
>>
>>3225883
>probably knock you out
pleb living in a non concealed carry state or cucked anti-gun country detected
>>
>>3226818
<<GET A JOB, YOU LAZY SLOBS! BACK IN MY DAY WE BLA BLA HARD WORK! BLA BLA SUMMER JOB BLA BLA NEW CARS AND COLLEGE AT YOUR AGE!>> <Sarcasm>
>>
>>3227118
R E K T
E
K
T
>>
>>3225916
>i work as mcd because i didnt study

>>3225936
You say one thing but your assumptions give you away. No one said, or even implied, that you should cram. But the fact that you jumped to that conclusion shows you don't take your own advice.
>>
>>3225921
>asiandad.png
>>
File: 1463702242308.jpg (601KB, 2977x2198px) Image search: [Google]
1463702242308.jpg
601KB, 2977x2198px
>>3227123
not defending boomers but holy fuck this comment am I on tumblr this shit is pure cringe
>>
I'll just repeat what I say in every SupaBoy thread.

If you're going to play anything that only inputs straight left-right, up-down, cool. I played Act Raiser on it with no problem.

If you're going to play anything that inputs eight directions (ex: Super Metroid, pointing upwards while walking), you're fucked. The D-Pad is absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>3228721
Forgot to add: that advices runs if you ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY MUST FALL for the retro portable meme.
I did in a time were I had too much disposable income at my hand and little common sense, and I used it literally twice (yeah, Act Raiser and Super Metroid) before putting it back in a box and getting it out of my sight because of how dissapointed I was for voluntarily trading hard earned money for this piece of shit. It's actually a stepping stone on my adult life, it made me realize how low you can fall getting videogame crap because you think it'll be cool but deep down you know it has a zero common sense design. If you want to spare your phone's battery, get a portable charger, it's a better purchase however you see it.

(But it's your decision. If you're still set on a SupaBoy, well... it has a crappy D-Pad. Don't play Metroid on it.)
>>
I have one its pretty cool but its large and hard to hold for a long time so i wouldnt bring it anywhere public like a bus
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.