[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to start hooking my retro consoles up to my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4_634753949969693888.jpg (22KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
4_634753949969693888.jpg
22KB, 500x332px
I'm looking to start hooking my retro consoles up to my laptop rather than a TV just for desk convenience (can't carry my Trinitron with me anymore, it's too big and heavy). I only have experience with an Easycap plug with looks iffy with an SNES and Saturn and terrible with a Genesis. What's recommended to use instead? Not looking to record, just to play.
>>
Extreme U3 or whatever was at one point considered almost lagless. It uses only HDMI I believe. I would look towards something that cost more than that EasyCAP so you can get "near lagless" game capture.
>>
>>3224574
Input lag has never been an issue for me, at least when it came to Easycap.

Someone said "get an ElGato" but I don't know how that handles retro stuff.
>>
>>3224603
probably the same as anything else really. you would have to watch some youtube videos to see quality differences. if you don't notice any input lag then get an elgato or avermedia cheap device. im not sure but imma guess your gpu settings will allow you to black bar the picture to keep aspect ratio.
>>
>>3224536
>anymore

How the hell did you use to carry a Trinitron around?
>>
I've always had tons of lag with capture devices (both EasyCap and ElGato), I don't know why you would want to use them as an input to play on a laptop.

You would be much happier just using a monitor at your desk and converting the console signal to RGB/SCART.

Or even better, if you want to use your laptop, just emulate. I don't see why you're trying to keep the original consoles in the equation at this point. If you're trying to get the best signal with authentic hardware, you're still going to lose it once it goes through the capture device software and onto the laptop. You'll have a better experience by just using the PC to its full potential, not stunting it with all the extra crap and I say that as someone who loves playing on a CRT with original hardware.
>>
>>3224642
In my car

but the equipment I have to carry around for work as of now doesn't leave me with the space for it anymore.
>>
>>3224669
This
>>
>>3224536
this is not the right way to go about things, EasyCAPs are shit that don't even go up to 60fps

CRTS are cheap and relatively easy to find, do you have space issues?
>>
>>3224536
This won't work. You'll get too much lag. You need to stick with a dedicated monitor. They used to make mini color TVs you could hook up in your car.
>>
>>3224536
Get a USB powered TV. They run about 80 bucka and work off a cigeratte lighter. Works fine for games, I bough a couple for my kids to watch in the van
>>
>>3224536
Why not just emulate on the laptop?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.