[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AWW YEAH It's PSX time motherfuckers. >emulation a shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: DSCN3935.jpg (1MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3935.jpg
1MB, 3648x2736px
AWW YEAH It's PSX time motherfuckers.
>emulation a shit
>MM3 master race
>>
>>3223152
Ok have fun!
>>
>>3223152
Are those CDRs good ? I've gone through 5 current brands and the only ones that seem to work for me are the VERBATIM cdr singles you buy at Dollar Store.
>>
>>3223157
They definitely feel better. The disc tops are plastic coated, so you dont have to worry about scratching off the foil. Also they are literally blank. No branding, coating, or nuthin. Just a nice mirror finish.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00065DGYQ
>>
>>3223152
How hard is the mm3 to install? i'm thinking of doing it on my ps1
>>
>>3223157
my backups work on my psx best a week after burning them for some reason
>>
>>3223979
not hard, I did it with a non-temp adjustable iron and a standard size tip. The key is speed. Pre-tin your wire and only have a tiny amount of solder on the tip. The biggest mistake I made was short wire length. The MM3 chip can't fit under the motherboard, so leave yourself a foot of slack in the wires and trim them once your ready. I ended up having the MM3 sitting underneath the eject button. Also cover the chip in electrical tape or heat shrink so it doesnt short out against the RF shield. Get the 30 gauge wire too it helps so much as opposed to something like 24 AUG stranded. I'll tear apart my PSX later and take some refrence photos for ya.
>>
>>3223169
>100 Taiyo Yuden
>Yuden
Oy vey
>>
>>3223152
is there any place that sells single taiyo yudens? my psx has trouble reading backups, but i want to make sure they'll work before buying a 100 pack.
>>
>>3224315

does your laser need to be re-aligned? or assuming it's chipped, perhaps it's sending off the "SCSI" or whatever your region's electrical "wobble" signal at the wrong time

speaking of wobbles, do any of you nerds know of non-official burners which are able to burn the bump? the chips work by injecting the correct frequency before game startup, but say if you had a burner which was able to burn within the first 15 sectors of a disk, then chips wouldn't even be necessary
>>
emulation is really good and useful, especially for debugging when doing demo shit with my hardware to preserve CD-Rs. i guess if you calibrate your laser you could run CD-RWs with it but it's taxing and also futile, i think it can only read a few hundred K. anyways i'll post some stupid bullshit for you later, /vr/
>>
>>3224315
>my psx has trouble reading backups, but i want to make sure they'll work before buying a 100 pack

You need a new laser, not different cd-rs.

Taiyo Yudens is a stupid fucking meme sprouted by the same retards who know fuck all about CD tech and keep repeating recommendations from 1998 like how you should only burn at 1x.
>>
>>3224475
But my laser works fine with originals. Only has problems with backups.
>>
could still be a laser issue! it's like the shittiest piece of tech on the console. otherwise the problem prolly lies in your chip.
>>
>>3224485
>But my laser works fine with originals. Only has problems with backups.

If your laser would be fine then it would be working fine on backups too.
>>
>>3224508
Maybe if it was one of the newer ones, but the older ones don't read backups as well.
>>
>>3224645
Any properly calibrated CD drive should read backups fine.

Older Playstations had self-destructive drives due to planned obsolesce, so over a few years they stop reading anything. The problem just manifests first on CDRs since they have slightly weaker reflective properties - not so far enough to go against the spec, just far enough for shitty dead drives to have problems with them.
>>
>>3224475
Good luck with burning with anything higher than 16x. It won't read shit.
>>
>>3224796
Burn speed has little to nothing to do with read speed.
>>
Just get a ps io and you dont have to waste money on cdr's
>>
>>3224992
>$150
>out of stock
Yeah nah.
>>
>>3224485
Try replacing your CD-R drive. If your PSX reads good, then you have a crap burner.

>>3224796
I burn on AUTO with handbrake erryday. Tech now is 9000 times better than it was when the PSX was new.

>>3224475
Yudens aren't meme discs, but they are damn close. They are measurably better quality than Wal-Mart discs tough. Much higher reflectivity and no branding on top. My PSX can run fine on crap discs at max burn, but I prefer to have nice things.
>>
>>3225235
>meme discs
What the hell does this even mean? Do you just enjoy throwing random words into your posts without having any idea what they actually mean?
>>
>>3225239
see >>3224475
>Taiyo Yudens is a stupid fucking meme
If the disc is a meme then it reasons that they could be called meme discs. If I post a certain frog and you call it a meme, could no one else call it a meme frog? Do we need more examples of how this works?
>>
File: DSCN3936.jpg (1MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3936.jpg
1MB, 3648x2736px
>>3223979
The MM3 sits nicely in the void beneath the eject button. For reference This is a 5501 (PU-18) model. The screws are insanely easy to remove, Sony has arrows pointing to which ones to remove at every layer.
>>
File: DSCN3939.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3939.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>3225284
I used heat shrink to cover the chip, but really anything is good as long as it isolates the chip from the metal around it.
>>
>>3225249
So you don't actually know what the word "meme" means and just randomly throw it into your sentences like a drunken retard for no reason? Cool. Good to know.
>>
>>3225249
>If the disc is a meme
A disc isn't a meme. Just because some retard on 4chan says something is a meme doesn't make it true. Why don't you just look up what words mean when you don't know, you dumb fucking monkey?
>>
File: DSCN3940.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3940.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>3225287
Looking at the diagrams I think I got lucky with my model, but you could do any of them without much more than a steady hand. I stripped the wire with the solder iron and just added a bit of solder to the wire. If you're really unsure of your skills, practice adding wire to some junk electronics like an alarm clock or an HD-DVD player.
>>
>>3225284
>>3225287
>>3225304
Same guy asking about the mm3 installation. I went to bed and just woke up. Thanks for the pictures and the explanation. Much appreciated.

I just really need a way to play PS1 backups on legit hardware. I've tried to do it on the ps2 with the POPS thing but it's just more work than it's worth and compatibility is shit.
>>
>>3225284
>>3225287
>>3225304
I've got similar version to yours. 5502
So hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult
>>
>>3224141
why the fuck is this? It sounds like bro science but I have similar results my whole life. I find if I label the disc first it sometimes fucks it up.
>>
>>3224951
Yeah, but burning discs at lower speed makes them more readable for old lasers. Old CD players just won't play anything burned above 16x.
>>
>>3225520
Doesn't seem to be uncommon, i found this from http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq04.html#S4-23

"One user with a Jensen car CD stereo was unable to use blanks immediately after recording them. After a couple of days, the discs suddenly started working. This delayed finalizing behavior appears consistently repeatable, not a one-time event."
>>
>>3225290
>>3225292
Jesus fuck are you guys retarded? HE WAS QUOTING SOMEBODY ELSE WHO SAID MEME. Jesus FUCK.
>>
>>3226032
Bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllshit.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.