[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is this shit? I never played it back then and,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: CV.jpg (3MB, 2770x1350px) Image search: [Google]
CV.jpg
3MB, 2770x1350px
What the hell is this shit? I never played it back then and, being a huge fan of the psx titles, always felt a void about having missed it. Now, I just finished the 1st disc and, even if the improvements in gameplay graphics etc are nice, could the story be more vapid and ridiculous? Did they even try? That continuity with RE2 could not be more improvised... where the hell did 'steve' come from? and the ashford character is awful too. What a deception... I now see where the franchise started its downhill.

What are your thoughts on this game?
>>
I was REALLLY into RE2 (I began Resident Evil with that game). I never gave a shit about the story except for what I saw in re2 and then Nemesis I absolutely also loved the gameplay and the story was just as OK.

I finally tried 1 and figured fuck this game sucks balls. I saw the Dreamcast version of Code Veronica come out and always wanted to play it but never got the opportunity when I was younger. A couple years back I got the PS2 version and was wondering what all the hype was about. Like I said I was never into the whole Resident Evil storyline but was expecting at least a similar experience to RE 2 and 3 but damn. Too much fog and the gameplay and environment was not much at all like RE2 and 3. I'm not a hardcore gamer at all but that's my experience.

tl;dr. I was dissapointed when I played it.
>>
>>3221754
Well i too started RE with RE2 and back then i didnt pay much attention to the story either, i just loved the game and the global idea of the story. RE3 was an amazing continuation for it and i also didnt like RE1 when i tried it, only later.

But recently in my retro replaying of them all I did pay attention to the story and there was at least something in them. But fuck, CV just sucks. The whole atmosphere of the psx ones is just gone. Felt like some of those pop survival horror games that started coming out after RE became popular.
>>
>>3221754
>could the story be more vapid and ridiculous? Did they even try?

Different writers are tasked with a few weeks to come up with the story to a sequel.

Capcom's model is to pump out tons of games as fast as possible. not wait until it's a good time to make a new game because you have some good ideas.
>>
>>3221823

Seems to me that Resident Evil 2 and 3 were just lucky one hit wonder types or at least they were the only Resident Evil style games the get the recipe "just right" for me to enjoy. I think maybe if I had started with one I would have payed attention to the story a bit more since the gameplay was a little bit boring and shitty. That probably would have allowed my momentum to snowball into two and then three and by the time Code Veronica came out my love for the story would had me itching for just another sequel for the sake of the story.
>>
Next to the GameCube remake, CV is my favorite RE. I didnt care for 3.
>>
CV is hsit.
>>
>>3221754
For a RE game, it's one of the better plots. Also one of the best games in the series.
>>
File: 1420079687147.jpg (239KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1420079687147.jpg
239KB, 700x714px
>>3221754
CV started the whole "WESKER IS BACK" bullshit, so I hate the story for that reason alone. Was definitely the beginning of the end for the plot. The first game had a laughably bad plot, but it was supposed to be like playing a B-movie horror, so it was acceptable. 2 and 3 actually started making it into a coherent story, and then CV shat aaaaall over it. Resident Evil 5's story was pathetically bad, and 6 wasn't even worth playing. Hopefully their supposed return to horror with 7 will work out, but they'll never recover from the damage they've done to the plot.
>>
Been playing RE since the first on PS1. I enjoy playing through CV for the more classic survival horror gameplay, but I agree the story is laughably bad and totally breaks any momentum 2 and 3 had built
>>
I bought it when it was first released and played it for a couple days then took it back for a refund because it was so boring. I really tried to like it.
>>
>>3224652
>6 wasn't even worth playing
Too bad it had better gameplay than 4 and 5. 4 aged badly very fast, 5 felt outdated when it was new.
It's great feeling to play 6 after playing through 5. It feels like you have at least some control.
>>
I played through most of CV and got bored. It felt like the pacing and progression were a mess, combat was a step back from even RE3, and it just feels half-baked. The story is awful and I think the enemies suck to fight. The puzzles are all mostly fetch quests too rather than having any that require logic to figure out. I was really disappointed.
>>
>>3224782
>4 aged badly
I mean, I'm pretty much hardened to this type of faggotry and contrarianism, it's to be expected on /vr/ and especially /v/. But 6 was fucking trash.
>>
>>3221856
Seems to me you're an immense slutstain that has shit taste.
>playing RE for the story
You should take your momentum the fuck outta here.
>>
>>3224782
I liked playing as Leon, but not the other characters. Their parts weren't fun at all, and were more of the post 4 garbage.
>>
>>3221754

>Playing RE for the story

That's your problem right there.
>>
>>3221754
I don't think it aged well is a big issue. I remember when it came out and it got very good reviews. Fast forward to the gamecube re-release which was pretty much the same game it got absolutely awful reviews.
>>
Gret discussion here guys, let's keep it up.
>>
>>3221754

>RE
>for the story

Go back and play RE1 again please
>>
Yes, CV is shit, it's no big news.In terms of story it was the starting point for turning RE into a clusterfuck of modern action movies tropes. The main goal isn't to survive but to stop a couple of evil faggots to conquer the world, which carried on to the next main games in the series.

Everything is shit about the game, even graphics. Technically speaking, it is full 3D, and everyone started to call it a miracle. Full 3D engines had been standar for years and CV's is nothing special, it's nothing special and incredibly empty and stiff.
Because of the shift to full 3D, there is barely any detailing and everything looks clean, smooth. Compare this to RE2 and 3 which had more details crammed in every room that you could look at.

Besides, they didn't take advantage of the possibilities of full 3D camera angles. The camera angles are nothing special and it would have been almost the same kept in 2D. Compare this with Dino Crisis which, years earlier, made unique use of full 3D camera angle.

On top of all that, gameplay is bad. Despite the game's length, there is barely any real puzzles, and even the "item puzzles" they couldn't do right. The animations of the playable characters are very stiff, even the zombies walk are smoother.

The OST features many song, but most of the time it's just silence; and not "silence in a moody way", just silence in a boring way which on top of the barebones environments adds to the emptyness of the game.

And then, you have game design flaws that every dev would be ashamed of, like stuff that can easily get the player stuck and force him to restart the entire game over.

I could go on ....
>>
>>3221754

Personally despite what these people say, I don't think the game is that bad. That being said, go with the PS2 version. Take the story with a grain of salt, and have fun running zombies. The game does pick up the further in you get, and I had quite a bit of fun with it.

Also

Not retro but if you really want to play a good resident evil game, play the remake of Resident Evil 1 on gamecube. Shit is fucking tight.

p.s.
Steve's a fag and he dies
>>
>>3224824
>My opinion is better than yours
Core gameplay of 6 is the same as 4, it just doesn't have shitty slowed down controls.
6 was there because of people who liked 5 and 4. I didn't like any of them, but 6 was at least playable.
>>
>>3224652
>The first game had a laughably bad plot,

No, the plot is pretty good. Keep a distinction between dialogue and cut-scenes and story.

The basic plot of RE1:
>Several canabalistic murders occur in the mountain areas
>Alpha Team sent in to investigate
>goes dark
>Another team goes to investigate
>attacked immediately
>split up and head for the house

Cool premise. Draws you in.
>>
>>3224835

Dude, are you still alive? calm down. It's not that serious.
>>
>>3225097
>>3225801
I never said the story was the main reason. The game itself is a good improvement (eg i love the prerendered backg but that 3D environment feels good) but 2 and 3 had started to include a decent story so it was normal to expect something in this one too, as it had come to become a part of the game series. One can play RE1 without paying much attention to it, and also doing it, but then 2 and 3 need a minimum of attention to it cause it is part of the game.
>>
I still like it more than 3, it has more variance and it feels more like RE for me. My main grip with the game is the bad story which is bad in every RE except maybe 2 and the stupid switcheroo going on with the character's inventory. Oh, and the moths. Fuck the moths.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.