[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>constant episodes >get popular >make a Patreon >1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: Episode-8.jpg (401KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Episode-8.jpg
401KB, 1280x720px
>constant episodes
>get popular
>make a Patreon
>1 shitty episode monthly if you're lucky

If this happens literally every time someone/some group makes a Patreon, why do we enable it?

>dvd sales

>we need the money so we can do less

If Billy spent half the time he did jerking off with Melvor at Jay's place for 'Stuff people sent us' as he did editing, the show could be 2-3 episodes per month.
>>
>>3206660
i dont

but countless others do, perhaps thinking it will keep the content coming quicker

it never does, look at spoony or anyone else who relies on patreon, they just almost stop completely as if they're made it and there is nothing else to prove.
>>
>>3206650
I don't get this shit. Why not just play games instead of watching people play them?
>>
>>3206675
they chase them at markets and shit, they barely ever show themselves playing them.
>>
>>3206650
grow up, op
it doesn't take a psychology degree to notice from the picture these guys are tools

now spend your energy improving your life
>>
>>3206650
>normalflab dudebro stoners
>reseller assholes
>only play nes/snes
>jewtube cancer channel
How much shittier can you get? You have a containment thread use it. Also stop watching retarded shit I just feel sorry 4 u
>>
quality thread OP, keep it up
>>
>>3206650
let's
>>
>>3206650
their nes/snes/genesis collections are pretty much complete so they have less games to chase
>>
>>3206650
i still enjoy their episodes, i kek everytime Melvor do some shit or the group shits on 8-bit Erick.
The nature of the show is so random that i cant really expect every episode to be as good.
If you dont want to back them up, just dont do it man, that goes for every patreon in general, is your choice anyway
>>
There are actually people who wish to spend their finite lifespan watching ugly reseller trash scavenge for carts than actually playing and completing retro games.
>>
There are actually people who wish to spend their finite lifespan watching ugly talentless hacks playing and completing retro games than actually playing and completing retro games.
>>
There are actually people who wish to spend their finite lifespan shitposting on 4chan than actually playing and completing retro games.
>>
There are actually people who wish to spend their finite lifespan watching emo tattooed hicks making and eating cheese than actually playing and competing in retro gaming.
>>
>>3207517
You either die a collector or live long enough to become the reseller. That's what I always say
>>
File: bam.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bam.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>
Don't we have a containment thread for this eceleb shit?
>>
I think this resellerage topic sums it up for me.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=66810

Now normally hoarding and resellling are a dime a dozen, but these two faggers in their videos always bitch about "resellers and hoarders" yet they are doing the very same thing they preach against. Gotta love Nintendoage, lock topics so people don't get salty when they get got.
>>
>>3206863
play
>>
Their release schedule has always been slow. I stopped watching near the end of season 2 because I got tired of waiting. I've only recently caught up.
>>
>>3207637
a
>>
Also

> before patreon "nothing will change for people that dont sign up for our patreon"
> uploads tons of shit to side channel including random livestreams just shooting the shit
> after patreon no more shit ever uploaded to side channel
> a patreon tier is "join me in livestream"
>>
>>3206672
What?

Spoony still makes videos?!

Outside of rambling about wrestling I mean.
>>
I think the biggest annoyance with patreon that people always do is permanently exclusive shit.

Gamechasers also do this with their limited edition dvds.

I get it. You want to make the people with cash feel special. But release all the shit on youtube after a certain amount of time. Will the whales really care if everyone gets the limited edition commentary track 2 years later?

AVGN did it with his special features on dvd. Except at least he didnt have a limited edition dvd that you had to order early or you can never see the shit on it ever.
>>
>>3206672
>>3208681

Spoony seemed to really slow down after he moved in with April. But that may have been when he started with patreon as well...
>>
>>3208694
they also get the funbux from youtube if they release it later online
>>
>>3208678
I think the initial reason they started the other site was to avoid youtube content claims on their videos.

Also I enjoy their videos. Usually just something to watch while I eat dinner. And like another anon said, they typically don't show gameplay. Its more about them hitting flea markets and thrift stores.
>>
SFDebris is one reviewer who has actually integrated patreon into his schedule well. Dude has a work ethic like no other, pumping out a Star Trek episode review every Saturday and two other things throughout the week.
>>
>>3206650
If you buy into these e-celebs covering video games you are the biggest cuck on the planet. Its worse than preordering shit from EA.
>>
>>3208796
Ok
>>
>>3208793
Sfdebris is fucking great, definitely a favorite of mine. I really like Renegade Cut too but Leon Thomas is one of the least charismatic people I can think of, great body of work regardless.

Jim Sterling I like too, but he's not very bright, angry joe too.
>>
>>3210553
my favorite is that guy that reads wikipedia articles overlayed with google image search results
>>
>>3210597
Stop saying this in every fucking thread. No one cares that you don't like him.
>>
>>3210597
Who are you talking about
>>
THIS IS NOT RETRO VIDEO GAMES

SAGED
REPORTED
HIDDEN
>>
>it's another "literally fucking who" tangentially retro e-celeb thread
>>
>>3206650
The quality content is coming, hold your horses! Also, don't forget to keep donating to those patreons dear go- err, loyal fan!
>>
File: bruno.png (217KB, 390x587px) Image search: [Google]
bruno.png
217KB, 390x587px
FINAL BOSSES .COM
>>
>>3207547
Funny part is how they do pretend to be American Pickers but American Pickers is all about reselling. Kind of... odd. American Pickers go to places and lowball on old antiques to sell for way higher at their stores. Why don't they just say they are hunting for games to make some nice cash? Nothing wrong with finding a deal to make money.
>>
>>3206650
>Watching e-celebs
kill yourself
>>
>>3210553
I've actually recently donated 50 bucks to SF debris to review a Trek episode. Anyone happen to know about how long it'll take for my turn in the queue?
>>
>>3208783
I didnt mean final bosses, im fine with that to avoid content/copyright strikes (which jay got anyways by streaming uncharted 1 through the ps4, which wouldnt be a problem if ryan from screenwave wasnt such a youtube cuck telling everyone under screenwave not to stream on twitch).

I was talking about billy's vlog channel. Before patreon he uploaded a lot there. Now nothing.

Also the animated episodes, those went away after patreon.
>>
>>3210638
Game historian

Also lgr when he does tech tales.
>>
>>3210680
Because people dont want others to make money on them.

Just look at pawn stars.
"I want to sell you this, which you will obviously resell because youre a store"
"Okay, let me get expert to see what its worth"
"Thats worth 200"
"So what do you want for it"
"You heard him, its worth 200, I know you have to make something... how about 190"
>>
>>3211171
More like

Rick:"Well my guy said this Jackie Chan autograph is worth $2000 what do you want for it?"

Guy:"You heard the man. $2000"

Rick:"Well, I gotta frame it, so that's gonna cost me $500. You also don't have a bunch of people coming in asking for Jackie Chan autographs all the time. It's gonna sit here for months before I sell it... Best I can do... Uhhh*smacks lips* $850

Guy:"No that's too low. Can you do $1500?"

Rick:"I can do $900"

Guy:"Meet me half way..how about..."

Rick:(Interups guy)"$900 best I can do. That's it! Final offer!"

Guy:(Ponders for a few seconds) Uhhh $900?!?...

Camera switches to Rick's angry face, switches back to guy

Guy:"... ... *taps hands on counter* $900?!?"

Rick:$900 give you all 20 dollar bills so you have more money in your wallet.."

Guy:"Alright! We got a deal!"

Rick:Cool *shakes guys hand* Chumlee will set you up over here CHUMLEE HELP THIS GUY OUT!"

Chumlee: "Awesome a Bruce Lee autograph!"

Show interviews guy outside

Guy: "His expert said $2000. I really wanted $2000 but we settled on $900. That's way more than I expected. I only paid $5 for it at an estate sale."
>>
>>3211198
Yeah... thats accurate.

Someone that owns a store where negotiating happens cant pay more than half what something is worth.
>>
>>3211198
The "I know I'm on TV so I'll bend over and take it... because this guy is famous!" effect, or the "This is all a lie set up by writers" sort of deal?
>>
>>3210993
Which episode?
>>
here's a you
>>
File: Angry-Gamer.jpg (58KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Gamer.jpg
58KB, 630x420px
James Rolfe
D8
>>
>>3211162
i love it when people with speech impediments make youtube channels.

>review Seiken Densetsu!

"Thaikan Denthetthu"
>>
>>3213852
Don't you love it even more when they make it up themselves? Especially Jontron and Egoraptor, because talking like you have a stroke is the pinnacle of comedy right there.
>>
>>3210553
>angry Joe
U fucking srs
>>
>>3212618
I'd rather not say on the grounds it would out my name to 4chan if anyone bothers to remember.
>>
>>3211171
Yeah, greed. I still like the game chasers tho. It's entertainment and there is something about reality tv that is braindead and sometimes entertaining to watch. Depending on what the show is. Most is pretty shit.
>>
>>3206650
Where are the video games?
I thought this was a video game board, not a youtube e-celeb board
>>
>>3210680
>American Pickers is all about reselling
I disagree. The reselling element is certainly there, but for the most part, the show is more about the people who have all these old items, their stories on how the items got there, etc. One of the few shows I actually like on History (damn channel's gone to shit, along with the rest of TV, but that's off-topic)
>>
Just a reminder, Jay is a manlet at about 5'6 and Billy is average height at 5'10.
Also Billy's stupid long hair makes him look greasy.
>>
>>3206675
>Why not just play games instead of watching people play them?
Humans have been watching other humans do things since the dawn of time. It's why fishing, sports, cooking, talking, painting, etc. continue to be on television. There are even TV shows of people going to court, buying things at auctions and selling things to pawn shops. A better question would be "why is anyone surprised that people watch others play video games?"
>>
>>3218547
Because it takes a minimum of talent to be on tv. These guys? They're bums.
>>
File: p9345771_b_v8_ab.jpg (157KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p9345771_b_v8_ab.jpg
157KB, 960x1440px
>>3218549
>Because it takes a minimum of talent to be on tv
Imagine being this delusional.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>3218551
>mfw Honey Boo Boo has more reason to be on TV then your favorite retro game e-celeb
>>
>>3218556
Of course. She has wide appeal: idol family for trailer trash and look-and-laugh/at-least-I'm-not spectacle for the "everyman." It is basic braindead entertainment that, sadly, has some appeal for the majority of the American TV audience. Same reason that specialty networks with previously unique, targeted programming are being reduced to reality TV dumps.
>>
File: 1345301705275.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1345301705275.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>that cringeworthy opening
>all that shitty dialogue
>that WE'RE JUST LIKE YOU, VIEWERS fake ass bullshit when they're clearly reseller scum that also make youtube funbux and patreon bux

I had no idea what gamechasers was until this thread and boy i wish i was still ignorant. got a laugh out of this at least.
>>
File: 10.jpg (64KB, 263x175px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
64KB, 263x175px
>>3218556
>>
I bought all the DVDs, still sealed.

Fuck all y'all entry-level Jay fans, Billy is the true heart of the Game Chasers. Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgXzJGYryx4
>>
>>3212659
Have to give him credit, he was a huge trendsetter and one of the first video based ecelebs. Maddox and Seanbaby are still funnier, though. I guess Lowtax counts too, are there any other major early ecelebs I'm forgetting?
>>
>>3218598
>dude bros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjJzwl7W4vE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23queljQ7Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh-GNSnT4LU
>>
>>3217214
Yeah. I still watch too. Same reason I watch all the trash pawn shop and storage unit shows, even the absolute horrible ones.

I've loved second hand shopping for decades. To me I enjoy watching others do the same when I cant do it myself.
>>
>>3206765

>normalflab dudebro stoners
I didn't know we were talking about Dee Dave
>reseller assholes
I fucking hate this arguement. ALL collectors resell to some extent. It's called recouping funds. Being elitist assholes are one thing but reselling in of itself is not dickish. Say I find a loose copy of Thousand Arms or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in a bundle of CDs for a quarter each but I own them already no shit I am going to resell them for more accurate prices. Maybe not tippy top ebay/price charting but everything is negotiable. Trading exists too, no cash has to exchange hands are you going to shit on that too? Collectors do that constantly.
>only play nes/snes
some people only collect certain shit. Not every sports memorabilia collector wants everything from that sports maybe they just want that teams stuff.
>jewtube cancer channel
They let success get to them yeah.
>>
>>3219034
>ALL collectors resell to some extent
Not true. Many collectors buy something and they'll hold onto it until their dying day.
>>
>>3219039
They are worse than everything else.

Ive seen hoarders post pics of dozens of copies of games that they have no intention of selling.
>>
Please keep this in your containment thread or fuck off.
>>
>>3219421
Sorry I dont speak cuck.
>>
>>3218526
I've seen episodes with AlphaOmegaSin and going by what you said, he would be literally about 3 feet tall.
>>
>>3220276
Alpha was just a hair shorter than Jay. Looked about 5'1 or so.
Literal manlet.
>>
>>3220457

>censor
>triggered
>autist

Kill yourself, my man.
>>
Patreon killed art commissions and it's starting on YouTube.
>>
>>3220524
Alpha looks like that metal head in high school that went through puberty late and tried to grow facial hair and swear so people wouldn't mistake him for a twelve year old.
>>
>>3220276
Aw man I love the chasers but I hate AlphaOmegaSin, he's an asshole and lowers the quality of every episode he's in, the worst of the regular guest chaser crew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvpMXuENcpI
This is funny though, Jay calls out Alpha's manlet short ass after 6:20
>>
File: AWAKEN ANIKI.gif (28KB, 544x256px) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN ANIKI.gif
28KB, 544x256px
https://soundcloud.com/youarenotsosmart/037-motivation-daniel-pink#t=9:05

I wish I could link this podcast to every content creator out there so they could understand how their brain actually handles motivation and how money can actually be a detractor to motivation if you're not aware how your brain is handling the situation.

It's pretty fascinating stuff, I would recommend giving it a listen, or at least just listen to that part that I linked that describes that motivation experiment with children

At least this patreon thing is a big anecdotal pool of evidence that gives creedence to the theory, almost every single artist usually slows down when they're making it rain on patreon
>>
>>3220932
I hate alpha's persona.

If hes just chilling in the video hes okay, but when he gets into his adhd fueled rage, hamming it up for the camera, hes insufferable.

I tried to watch some of alpha's videos and couldnt. It feels like he is over reacting on camera, then doesnt even get all the facts straight.
>>
>>3206650
If you back a patreon, you are literally mentally retarded.
>>
>>3218529
Because all of the things you listed take effort or extra supplies.
Video games are literally only designed to be played.

You can go out and get any game you want now and play it at home, no practice with an easel and paint set or expensive fishing pole on a lake for 10 hours required.
>>
>>3221325
Yeah! People who spend money on something they enjoy are retarded.
>>
>>3221327
That is completely based on opinion. You can say that about other mediums too.. should it be banned to talk about vidya or stream people playing games? You can't really put a limit on what people can enjoy and it doesn't matter anyway. There's plenty of things you don't like that other people do.
>>
>>3221236
agree 100%
>>
>>3206650
Pay shekels for shilling. Hiro needs ramen money. >>>http://www.4chan.org/advertise
>>
>>3218529
>people have been doing stupid things since the dawn of time so it's ok to continue the trend

Go fuck your self, Maddox
>>
>>3221236
I honestly tried hating him. I even unsubbed from him once. But I found myself coming back to his channel. Though he makes a lot of click bait shit lately, I have to hand it to him: he knows his shit and he uses his popularity to enforce anti SJW shit.
>>
>>3206650
exactly how does it ever take more than a day to make an episode of this shit
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 656x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 656x1000px
>>3223596
I'm completly same with Razorfist. I think he's a complete twat at times and on twitter he's the opposite of a SJW in a bad kinda way. But the guy can make entertaining videos at times and when he knows what he's talking about he really comes off an expert.
>>
>>3223596
He sometimes knows his shit. In the few videos of his I tried watching he got plenty of facts wrong, I wish I knew what videos I was thinking of. Sometimes I think that might be because he rushes to get a video out though. So he reports on stuff before all the facts are known.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.