[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there some legal way to play the old Blizzard games on Battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Blizzard_Entertainment_Logo.jpg (68KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard_Entertainment_Logo.jpg
68KB, 650x366px
Is there some legal way to play the old Blizzard games on Battle Net? Specifically the first two Warcrafts, the first two Diablos, and Starcraft 1?

If not, what's the best way to go about playing them? I'd prefer if it were some legal, 'official' way, though.
>>
>>3199248
Diablo 2 and Starcraft are still available for purchase on Battle.net, iirc. Can't help you with the others though.
>>
Why is there so much Warcraft discussion popping up? Multiple threads here, and folks were just talking about it on this online game I've been playing too.
>>
>>3199268
Probably hype for the new movie and the WoW legacy discussions heating up.
>>
If you can get your hands on a legit cd key, I believe you can still play all of them.

All of my old copies have worked whenever I've tried them, which happens every year or two.
>>
Just buy them. I bought Warcraft II brand new off Amazon for like £4 a few months ago, gets onto battle.net just fine.

I don't think Warcraft I was ever on battle.net.
>>
Warcraft 2 can be played on battle.net via the appropriately named battle.net Edition. It also adds a bunch of features to the interface.

WC1 is basically non-existent for Blizzard. Simplest way should be DOSbox.
>>
Go to a thrift store and see if you can find some. I picked up Diablo 2 and LOD that way.
>>
>>3199421
Will Diablos 1 and 2 work on a modern Mac?
>>
>>3199435
Diablo 2 for Mac is confirmed since the new 1.14 patch

http://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/diablo-2-patch-1-14a-releases
>>
anything older than Diablo 1 (with the exception of War2 which got patched) doesn't have battle.net support
>>
>>3199463
does it support HD resolutions yet?
>>
I bought Diablo 2 a year ago for like 10 bucks at Target.
>>
>>3199607
That's one thing I can never get. What is the point of emulating 2D games with sprite graphics in HD? Everything will be fucking tiny! (Unless you use filters, but they only look halfway decent with text and simple pixel-art).
>>
>>3199607
They're working on modern compatibility right now. Diablo 2 was done and now Warcraft 3.
>>
>>3199619
In a 2D game like Diablo the resolution determines how much you can see. Even going from 640x480 to 800x600 in LoD was a huge improvement.
>>
>>3199621
So Diablo 2 supports HD resolutions?
>>
>>3199632
HD resolution is more of an enhancement than a fix, so no. Why? Because it breaks online competitiveness and gameplay in general in sprite based or isometric games. As Diablo 2 didn't already have hackers blowing you up from 2 screens away.
>>
>>3199630
I can get that, but I personally find that going at about twice the original resolution (so e.g. from 320x200 to 640x480, or from 640x480 to 1024x768) is about the maximal improvement you can get before you will start losing enjoyment from the game because all those detailed sprites that were meant to be viewed up close will be just tiny specks, and all the terrain tiles will also look like shit because they will repeat too often when zoomed out, because they were never designed for player to see so many of them at once.

I mean, I can understand adding widescreen resolutions, that makes sense.
>>
>>3199674
I think x3 still works, at least in some games.
It may depend on the size of your monitor. A 24+ monitor may be more practical than a 15" notebook.
>>
>>3199632
There are HD mods, but they don't work very well. You can do things like fire arrows at monsters so far away that they can't see you. The gameplay breaks in HD.
>>
>>3200920

You're trying too hard.
>>
You can play on b.net without an legit copy. I don't think there's even a cd key at all.

StarCraft and the expansion can both be played on b.net via cd key generators but the chat will be blocked. You may have to roll a few times until you find a one that works.

Warcraft 2 requires a legit cd key.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.