[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think a lot of people don't really understand what memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I think a lot of people don't really understand what memes are. The Retron 5 for the wife is one, but it's much bigger and more obvious than most. The best memes are the little ones, odd opinions or bits of carefully crafted falsehood on certain things that spread and grow the more you mention them. Then before long you see other people saying them and it becomes part of the board culture.

Castlevania says hi.
>>
>>3198847

>retro video games
>>
In Castlevania's case, it's funny how australia-kun tried to force his "SCB" meme, but instead of making people hate the game, he made himself a meme.
>>
>>3198847
>I think a lot of people don't really understand what memes are. The Retron 5 for the wife is one

And you're one of those people who don't understand what a meme is, too, OP. I'll clue you into something - nothing on the Internet is old enough or memorable enough to seriously be considered a meme yet.
>>
>>3198864
Which definition are you using? I've looked at a few and not seen the element of time mentioned as part of the definition. It's the manner by which cultures change, not the speed with which they do.

>>3198857
It's unironically my favorite Castlevania. I have no idea what that says about me.

Austrailia seems like a very odd country.
>>
>>3198884
>It's unironically my favorite Castlevania. I have no idea what that says about me.

That you have normal taste. Most people's favorite castlevanias (classic) are Rondo, IV and Bloodlines which are the easiest ones.
The NES games are amazing too but I think people pretending to like ONLY the hard ones and dislike the easier 16 bit games are tryhards or just baiting. Same as people who shit on Rondo because of the anime art style.

Also, Australia-kun said he's from UK actually, but only the mods know for sure.
>>
>>3198891
I like them all to one degree or another. But as a kid SQ just felt like such a huge adventure and I loved that.
>>
>>3198884
>Which definition are you using?

Dawkins. You know, the guy who invented the term? He defined it as a cultural memory, something that is known without being experienced.

The second someone without internet access can reference one its jokes, then I'll concede it might be a meme.

You want a good example of a pop-culture meme, the opening bars of Beethoven's Fifth are a good example. You can tell they're a meme just in the fact that they're hundreds of years old and many, many people know them without even having listened to the entire symphony.
>>
>>3198932
None of that describes why the same doesn't apply here. The size and age of the culture isn't important. Many of the people who give their opinion on games here haven't played them, but they feel they have absorbed enough cultural knowledge to talk about them with authority. The situation with Beethoven's Fifth is the same as the one with Castlevania 2.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.