[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this isn't a strictly /vr/ related topic, but /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: masks.png (152KB, 903x714px) Image search: [Google]
masks.png
152KB, 903x714px
I know this isn't a strictly /vr/ related topic, but /v/ is filled to the brim with shit and unless you go out of your way to be antagonistic in the op post, you aren't going to get replies.

Anyway, do any of you struggle with ocd related to video games?

For me, it's mostly based on the physical condition of the game. I rarely buy used games because any signs of wear on the packages or scratches on the disc will trigger me hard.

Recently, I noticed my copy of mario galaxy has fairly minor damage on the box, and I've been struggling not to order a new copy so I can have it in perfect condition.

Does anyone know this feeling or experience something similar? How do you deal with it?
>>
>>3197627
>ocd

Cure yourself of this autism, it's not good for you in any way.

I had a little bit of that in the past but I noticed early on that it was getting out of hand so I gradually became more lax. Mostly by focusing on other things unrelated to this kind of hobby.

Seriously, it's not good, it's not a badge of honor, it's stressful and a waste of time.
>>
we aren't your therapist
go see a real one
>>
>>3197635
I ever said it was good. I never said it was a badge of honor. I don't know where you're getting all that from.

>>3197650
>we
You're sure desperate to be a part of something, aren't you.
>>
>>3197627
It affects gameplay for me. I have to get every item and do practically everything you can in one area before moving on. Miss a potion? Start over.
>>
I am the kind of person who doesnt understand whats the point of a watch made of gold if a much cheaper casio can do the job as well.

I collect videogames to play them, as long as I can play them everything is fine.
When I was a teenager in the early 2000s I gifted my supernintendo + all my games to my cousin because I had discovered emulation and thought he would have more fun with all that stuff, I dont really regret doing that.
>>
>>3197627
I can give you some legit /vr/ advice on how to manage that because a lot of us are collectors and even if we personally don't get the fastidiousness we know someone who does and here's what I would suggest you do

First and foremost, get your piracy and emulation game rocking. You may find that alone is enough to help you since your downloaded ISOs are always in perfect condition.

If you still find yourself obsessing over portions of your physical collection then by all means sell them. In fact, what I'd suggest you do is sell off literally every single game you own that isn't absolutely perfect not just in condition but whatever additional criteria you consider to represent "perfection" then seal them bitches up inside the thick hard lexan boxes and pretty much never touch them again and play using your backups.
>>
>>3197716
> He emulates
>>
>>3197736
That's great advice, thanks.
>>
>>3198115
NP just don't let it get out of hand. You're exactly the kind of spaz that the Video Game Authority banks on
>I can't stand looking at my VGA graded 85 condition sealed copy of Tales of Symphonia ever since I saw pics of that VGA graded 90 condition copy!
>>
Disc based games will be susceptible to disc rot. So even if you kept the game brand new in the shrink wrap and sealed in a vault, it's still a ticking time bomb.

Might as well move to cartridges, oh but those capacitors are slowly burning themselves out. So then emulation is the only answer for a perfect game right? Nope, rotational velocidensity is constantly looming over your head.
>>
>>3197693
>Implying it is not as in us the posters
We are the posters, you stupid fuck.
>>
I like to buy stuff that's already messed up so that I don't feel bad when I inevitably mess it up worse
>>
>>3197635
The dude seems to mean he has ACTUAL OCD, which has nothing to do with a "hobby".
>>
>>3197627
I had something similar to this when I was younger. I made sure to buy the case or book, whatever it was with the least amount of scratches or damage to the cover.

As I grew older I realized none of that really mattered and now I don't care what package the game comes in, even if there's no cover. In the end the only thing that matters is the game or content itself
>>
File: fallout knights.jpg (79KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
fallout knights.jpg
79KB, 500x300px
I'm currently undergoing the diagnosis process of asperger's with my neuropshyciatrist so it's very likely that I have asperger's. It's not exactly OCD, but there are lots of overlaps with the superficial symptoms.

I have very hard time relating to other people, and in video games it's even worse. Text form especially. Not trying to be edgelord or anything, I really don't care for socializing or chatting. When I play games like Fallout or Ultima I always end up just slaughtering everybody and I have hard time following the plot. That's why I play more games like Duke Nukem, X-COM, and Doom where the plot is pretty much just summarized on the back of the box.

I've been doing lots of reading lately and I think it's helping me to follow conversations and written stories. I bought a book that has some selected stories by H.P. Lovecraft, they're pretty short stories but complex enough to keep my mind going so maybe I can soon enjoy role playing games like a big boy.
>>
>>3199053
>It's real, it's in the DSM, doctors specialize in it and write peer-reviewed journals on it.
You mean like homosexuality used to be?
>>
>>3199725
You mean liek spreading old butt aids instead of spreading modern butt aids?
>>
>>3200290
quality bump anon

good job

no really
>>
>>3200320
You want me to bump you in the pooper dont you?
>>
File: 7483294723984723948723.jpg (11KB, 316x328px) Image search: [Google]
7483294723984723948723.jpg
11KB, 316x328px
>>3200538
>>
>>3199043
You make a good point. Thinking of it that way is pretty helpful.

>>3199125
I'm surprised you're reading Lovecraft. I don't usually have problems following a plot, but his prose is sometimes tough for me to read. Good luck.
>>
>>3197627

I've had bad OCD since I was a kid, but it's never really affected how I play vidya that much. Sure real-life compulsions can interfere, but as far in the actual game, it doesn't really come up. I can't tell if I just got lucky or if vidya somehow helps me.
>>
>>3197627

I'm OCD about a few things.

I won't buy loose disc based games. I need those to be Complete to care, but that's because its a lot easier to find complete ones.

I couldn't give less of a shit about cart games being complete, but I do like the labels to be in nice condition. Especially with prices being insane, buying a copy with a slightly torn, or shittier label isn't a huge deal when you understand how to clean and remove stickers and things you can refurb them quite a bit.

I case my games in shockboxes, and universal game cases, and GBC/GBA cases from custom game cases so my collection is pretty presentable regardless of label condition.

But yeah, if you're buying retro, you should be more open to having worse condition games. since you know, these things have been around for awhile.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.