[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ first post here, A few weeks ago I decided to code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Atz9OS1.png (290KB, 728x475px) Image search: [Google]
Atz9OS1.png
290KB, 728x475px
Hey /vr/ first post here,
A few weeks ago I decided to code a tool to corrupt files on byte level to destroy them irriversibly. I ran it on an image and ended up with weird results. That made me interested in what would happen if I ran it on videos. Same result : The video got screwed and looked hilarious. After trying more images and videos I got a new idea : corrupting old nintendo ROMs. I ran the tool on multiple ROMs and ended up with hilarious results. If you are interested in seeing that you can find a link at the end of the post. Feel free to suggest any games you would like to see in a completely broken state. Pic related, one of the games I broke.

https://youtu.be/inztAEqRx3E
>>
>>3197171
>I decided to code a tool to corrupt files on byte level
Why not just opening it in a hex editor?

I dont see enough reasons to do it anyway. I'd rather try to glitch the game without altering its rom data.
>>
>>3197171
That picture looks like an extreme HD version of Frogger.
>>
>>3197184
Don't have a hex editor. Also wanted to train my coding skills to include file I/O operations. Sure you can glitch games without altering the rom data but where is the fun in that.
>>
>>3197194
>Sure you can glitch games without altering the rom data but where is the fun in that.
And where is the fun of playing a messy altered version of a game that simply isnt the real game? All you need to do is open it with a hex editor and begin sporadically typing random numbers in it. How's that even remotely satisfying?
>>
>>3197224
Fair point. I mainly did it to improve my coding skills but simply enjoyed the byproduct.
>>
TRUST ME, WATCH THIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu04U-Yb2qs
>>
>>3197171
the hardware equivalent is circuit bending and can even happen naturally on certain machines prone to it; i had a twitchy disobedient camera in virtua racing dx until i reseated the white cables inside the 32x
>>
>>3197253
I fucking hate his voice.
>>
>>3197171
wonder what happens on real hardware...
>>
>>3199702
If someone has a way to create a fully working cartridge for the SNES I could supply a broken super mario world rom.
>>
>>3197171
... How is this different from usual ROM corruptions, aside from being irreversible?
>>
>>3200507
Wouldn't be a Everdrive or SD2SNES enough?
>>
>>3200850
Not sure. Never tried porting a rom to an actual console.
>>3200568
Not very. Just usable on any filetype that exists.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.