[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: unsettling games that aren't meant to be scary Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Clue_-_SNES_Front_Cover[1].jpg (57KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
Clue_-_SNES_Front_Cover[1].jpg
57KB, 250x183px
ITT: unsettling games that aren't meant to be scary

Anyone else creeped out by this game as a child? I was horrified of Mr. Green's game over pose/face
>>
>>3190171
Your mom was creeped out by my penis.
>>
>>3190181
not retro
>>
>>3190171
I legit got creeped out by this game. My friend rented it and I had nightmares about the scene where they show the killer off-screen murdering the guy. Particularly with the rope.. it was creepy for sure
>>
>>3190193
Yeah I know pretty much every death scene by heart. This games atmosphere was both unsettling and endearing at the same time to a young ear and even now. I just hardly ever see it brought up so its cool to see i'm not the only one.
>>
>>
>>3190241
I've heard about this game. What parts do you feel are scary?
>>
The Atlantean stages of Tomb Raider. Looking back it was a cool and innovative idea to make the breeding chambers of Atlantis be made of literal living walls and bone.

Really the entire game was unsettling up to that point, but damn that just takes the cake to a young impressionable mind.
>>
>>3190243
It was mainly scary when I was a kid. Music was unsettling, character movements were odd, and a lot of things just seemed weird about the game.
>>
>>3190256
When I was a kid one of the only things i remember about the game was it being so quiet. No music or really no intended mood it felt like. Wasn't there a bear that comes out of nowhere or something?
>>
>>3190269
Funny thing is, the soundtrack is really good, but choosing the game to be mostly quiet or ambient was the right choice.

The bear appears in the first 2 levels.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.