[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Symphony of the Night worth playing? I finished Super Metroid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: csotn.png (187KB, 550x316px) Image search: [Google]
csotn.png
187KB, 550x316px
Is Symphony of the Night worth playing? I finished Super Metroid and heard these two are the godfathers of platforming.

I know it's not VR but it will be 20 years soon
>>
No, it's easy peasy casual garbage that killed the franchise. Avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>3189001
So which Castlevania is worth playing? Rondo of Blood?
>>
>>3189004
Castlevania 2 on NES. People who complain about it are millenial AVGN meme spouiting shitters who couldn't git gud.
>>
>>3189007
Is the redaction patch ok to play? Sorry for the questions just curious
>>
>>3188984
>Super Metroid and SotN
>these two are the godfathers of platforming

Not from around here are you

It's a fine game for what it is, most of us like the linear Classicvanias better, but if it interests you it is well worth a shot.
>>
literally the worst bait ever
>>
>>3189027
How is this bait?
>>
>>3188984
Gee, is a game constantly in the top 10 lists of PS1 games worth playing? One that there's like 3 threads on here already gushing praise on it? Guys you think it's worth playing?
>>
>>3189032
popularity /=/ quality
>>
>>3189032
It's not worth playing.
>>
>>3188984
Its certainly worth a try.

also SoTN is /vr/.
>>
File: 3f6JnCe.jpg.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3f6JnCe.jpg.gif
3MB, 320x180px
A painfully obvious bait thread gets more traffic in half an hour than most of the rest of the board. Way to go /vr/...
>>
>>3189040
/=/ ≠ ≠ retard. Yeah it's a pretty good indication of quality, you contrarian faggot.
>>
>>3189054
Is a contrarian faggot, one that fucks chicks?
>>
File: 1452983056054.png (199KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1452983056054.png
199KB, 2000x2000px
In the morning I read some faggot saying something about "sorry for bringing SOTN here, it's not retro", then I see this b8 thread. It's probably some ebin /v/ meme, ignore this
>>
>>3188984
It's easy as fuck, but still absolutely worth playing.
>>
Probably just Nostalgic bias, but it is easily my favorite video game ever. There's so much weapon and enemyyes I know they re-used a lot of sprites but I did not know that at the time, and the music is top notch. The difficulty does drop off mid game but the second half of the game can be slightly more challenging but not necessarily in a good way. Give it a try and if you don't like it within the first 30 minutes you probably won't like the rest of the game.
>>
>>3189058
Woah.
>>
>>3189049
This board is great because bait gets sincere, friendly answers 90% of the time
>>
>>3188984
It's honestly pretty shit. The bosses and mobs are simple and easy as fuck, there's hardly any platforming, the OST is too inconsistent (kinda like the White Album of Castlevania games), and the sprites look too outdated for 1997.
>>
>>3189007
My nigga. Also my favorite game in the series.
>>
>>3189040
Try != fella.
>>
>>3189445

personally I usually go with =/=
>>
>>3189054
>it's a pretty good indication of quality
>implicitly acknowledging that popularity of Ke$ha, Bieber, Trump, Kanye are deserved
Wow, you sure showed us!
>>
>>3189473
But that's ignorant and wrong.
>>
>>3189612
>purposefully ignores music/movies/books/games that are popular and actually good
>>
>/vr/ shitposting is getting to the point where people are saying that simon's quest is the best castlevania
>>
>>3190749

this is the same board that shits itself and starts screaming if you imply that ff2 is a shit game.
>>
I WANT to plat it but I'm honestly annoyed by that god awful GAME OVER screen that wastes your time every single time you die
>>
>>3190764

how the fuck do you play /vr/ games if a long game over screen is too much of a punishment for death?
>>
File: images-64.jpg (24KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images-64.jpg
24KB, 332x443px
to this?
>>
>>3188984
It's good but it's not great. It's no super metroid. The level design gets progressively worse the further you get and it doesn't start off that great in the first place. The soundtrack is the best thing about it, it is superb.
>>3189004
Rondo and Bloodlines are rad.
>>
>>3189007
You're trying to suggest Simon's Quest is hard when it isn't, though.
>>
>>3188984
Symphony of the Night is definately not the godfather of platforming.

It's worth playing though. It's my favorite game due to the music, visuals and atmosphere alone.

If you're looking for a challange you'll not find it there (well unless you do a naked Alucard run or want to do speed runs).

If you're looking for an experiance yeah go and play it.
>>
>>3189001
Hi Australia kun!
>>3189004
>>3188984
SOTN is a really good game, not much like classicvanias, but interesting in its own right.
>>
>>3190776
I don't know, but I'm glad we did. SotN Maria is bae AF famalam.
>>
>>3190764
Let us go out this evening for pleasure... the night is still young
>>
>>3191174
I disagree, but I'm a fucking weeb so what do I know.
>>
>>3188984
It's the godfather of platforming
>>
>>3189286
Fuck you. The only reason I'm playing the upside down castle is to hear more of the music
>>
>>3190764
Emulation and save states
, bitch
>>
>>3189007
Pff. Artificial difficulty.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.