[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the SNES was far superior to the Sega Genesis.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: index.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Daily reminder that the SNES was far superior to the Sega Genesis.

Name ONE Genesis game that competes with Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Terranigma, Castlevania 4, Turtles through Time, Secret of Mana 1 and 3, Super Mario Bros, Mario RPG, Megaman X, and the myriad of other classics.

Also daily reminder that Sonic is a generic kid's platformer game that spawned a generation of autistic fanboys (Chris Chan) who ended up becoming the predecessor to Bronies
>>
Pretty much
>>
Weak. We all know PC Engine is where it's at.
>>
Genesis didn't have many titles of super metroid calibre. Just alot of OK games
>>
File: tips.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>3187658
>>
>>3187668

Neo Geo did it better
>>
>>
Just buy the plastic box that supports the games you want to play and leave everyone else alone.
>>
>>3187658
>Sonic is a generic kid's platformer game
So you mean Sonic is a Mario-styled platformer?
>>
I grew up with both, but I always thought:
how can anyone compare those two?

the SNES was better, but now that I'm not 11 years old anymore I can collect for both systems. Why play chrono trigger when you can play Phantasy Star IV AAAND chrono trigger? I love them both, I like the snes a little better.

anyway, terrible bait.
>>
>>3187658
>Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Terranigma
Phantasy Star 4
>Castlevania 4
Castlevania: Bloodlines, Chakan
>Turtles through Time
Streets of Rage 2, Streets of Rage 3, TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
>Super Mario Bros
Sonic 3 & Knuckles

On the flip side. Does the SNES have anything comparable to Dynamite Headdy, General Chaos, Gleylancer, Gunstar Heroes, Herzog Zwei, MUSHA, Shadowrun, etc.?
>>
>>3187678
Fite me.
>>
>>3187658
Streets of Rage, Vectorman, Sonic, Comix Zone, Castlevania Bloodlines, Contra Hard Corps, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, Shinning Force and the myriad of other classics.

>Implying there aren't retarded autistic Mario fanboys on the internet (like SMG4)

Excuse me but I like Sonic (only in the Master System-Genesis era) and I'm no bronie, if people are retarded is not my problem or Sonic's fault.
>>
>>3187658
>console war thread
Fuck off.
>>
>>3187704
>Does the SNES have anything comparable to Dynamite Headdy, General Chaos, Gleylancer, Gunstar Heroes, Herzog Zwei, MUSHA, Shadowrun, etc.?
Well , yes the Snes has mediocre games as well.
>>
>>3187704
>Shadowrun
I preferred the SNES version of Shadowrun.
>>
>>3187702
Why play JRPGs at all?
>>
>>3187709
>>3187704

All of those are generic action, arcade side scrollers
. Phantasy Star 4 is no-where near the same caliber as an SNES rpg. I actually did finish it from start to finish on an emulator but I literally had no incentive to continue playing. Don't forget the horrendous failure that was Phantasy Star 3.
>>
File: P1000848[1].jpg (38KB, 487x319px) Image search: [Google]
P1000848[1].jpg
38KB, 487x319px
>>3187658
>Chrono Trigger,
Shining Force 2/CD
>Final Fantasy 6
Phantasy Star 4
>Terranigma
Crusader of Centy
>Castlevania 4
Bloodlines Rondo being better than both
>Turtles through Time
Hyperstone Heist
>Secret of Mana 1 and 3
Beyond Oasis SoM is Mana 2 btw
>Super Mario Bros
Sonic the Hedgehog All Stars SMB is kinda meh
>Mario RPG
Lunar, maybe?
>Megaman X
Wily Wars

There are a wider selection of JRPGs on SNES, the palette and scaling gimmicks allow for more "cartoony" graphics that appeal to a lot of people and the sound chip is more flexible but the Genesis was a fantastic system as well. In fact, these consoles were coincidentally so perfectly evenly matched it's why that particularly console war benefited the players more than any other - and why the argument is so hot to this day
>>
>>3187728
well memed, my friend.

and why play? for the experience, in the very least you can annoy people that like JRPGs and say hurtful and knowledgeble stuff to annoy them.
there is no bad game... except for league of legends, that's just terrible.
>>
>>3187747
JRPGs aren't games, they're semi-interactive narratives.
>>
>>3187658
>Turtles through Time
>can't even spell a game he's supposed to like

At least this proves it's not genuine retro game enthusiasts spamming console wars.
>>
>>3187757
see? that was not smart nor knowledgeble. a few JRPGs are about exploring a new world, others are about battle strategy. they're not about pressing the buttom quickly and getting gud. they are about finding that secret weapon and beating that hard secret boss.
>>
>no mention of Landstalker, Light Crusader or Shining in the Darkness
Uneducated fools. Learn how to advocate for your (inferior) console.
>>
>>3187658
>Chrono Trigger
shitty weeb jrpg made even easier so retards could enjoy it
>Final Fantasy 6
overrated glitchy garbage that only neckbeards care about
>Terranigma
repetitive hack and slash rpg with nauseating mode 7 effects
>Castlevania 4
slowdown shit, and one of the worst castlevanias
>Turtles through Time
another generic konami belt scroller, no thanks
>Secret of Mana 1 and 3
clunky action rpg with bad ai
>Super Mario Bros
babby's first platform game
>Mario RPG
ugliest art style of any game in gen 4
>Megaman X
casualized megaman, an already easy platformer
>>
>>3187658
>Turtles through Time
Am I being rused?
Also what is Hyperstone Heist?

Both consoles are good in their own ways. You're overemphasizing RPGs, which are arguably the SNES' forte, but literally you have stuff like Hyperstone Heist, Castlevania Bloodlines and Wily Wars to counter the few action examples you gave. Action games on the Genesis are a thousand times better, and while limited on the RPG side it does have real gems like Phantasy Star IV and the Shining games.

Console wars at this point are fucking pointless because you can emulate or flashcart every single game from either console and just enjoy instead of sperging about petty bullshit.
>>
>>3187796
Shining in the Darkness is awesome. I really want to like Landstalker and Light Crusader, but they have problems. I don't like Landstalker's controls, as diagonals only, and Light Crusader's physics based puzzles don't do it for me. I also wish the combat was a bit better in both of them, something like Teranigma or Beyond the Oasis, where I could get a bit more of a move pool to work with.
>>
>>3187658
>I told OP to go and use his stupid fucking bait on /vr/
>he goes and does it
the bloody git
>>
>>3187785
There's no challenge in JRPGs.
>>
>>3187810
Stop using the censored Story of Thor name.
>>
>>3187806
It's not about game availability, it's about boycotting systems made by Company X.
>>
>>3187828
that's not what defines a game you retarded faggot. and go play final fantasy ix and kill ozma. there is no free cookie, there is no knights of the round.
or don't, nobody cares.
and no, i'm not triggered. as I said, it works if you know what you're talking about and destroys the genre. by just being a faggot you're just proving other people right.
>>
>>3187832
Who the hell cares what it's called.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 424x318px
>>3187857
Just level up until you can beat it. Oooh so hard.
>>
>>3187658
Who fucking cares? Why start a shit thread and add to the cancer all over this board? Replies? Trying to bait people?

Please leave.
>>
>DECADES later and nintendies are still butthurt
>>
File: 1458901367378.jpg (62KB, 516x339px) Image search: [Google]
1458901367378.jpg
62KB, 516x339px
>>3187716
>>
>>3187658
I prefer the SNES as well but you sir are a shitposter. Other consoles at the time were still better for some action games like sports, beat 'em ups, fighters, shoot'em ups cause they had less slowdown in general. It doesn't really help that SNES RPGs have become even more expensive than they already were, so did Nintendo 1st party games. Getting a Megadrive/Genesis collection is a lot cheaper, even with flashcarts. The soundchip for the Megadrive was also used in ingenious ways in some games.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.