[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People say you learn irredeemable bad habits if you play against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

People say you learn irredeemable bad habits if you play against the CPU in a fighting game.

Is that true?
>>
Yes. You'll get fucking stomped.
>>
>>3187356
:(
>>
>>3187363
I'm speaking as a guy that always played against the CPU and any time I play anyone moderately skilled I get fucking stomped.

If you wanna play against CPU just do it and enjoy the game. But don't go into a battle IRL or via netplay thinking you're tough shit because you can game the CPU AI. Because you're just going to get annihilated. Hard.
>>
>>3187356
>>3187364

To word it less bluntly, think of it this way.

The AI is set in stone. Figuring out how to beat an AI can be as easy as picking up on its patterns of attack and countering them. Humans also use patterns, but they are far less predictable than an AI. Knowing a pattern to beat an AI will in no way help you against a human opponent, but what will help you is understanding what a character is capable of and having quick reaction times. In fighting games its all about getting in your opponents head, so you can predict what they're going to do before they do it which is more mind games than actual rote memorization.
>>
>>3187294
I dunno about irredeemable but yes playing against the CPU in a fighting games will cause you to pick up bad habbits and is a waste of time if you are wanting to play human opponents.
>>
File: 822551-front_cover.jpg (38KB, 342x338px) Image search: [Google]
822551-front_cover.jpg
38KB, 342x338px
I was into the fighting game scene in the 90's and early 2000's. This was when arcades were still alive and there was a pretty fun group of people that I was a part of who played MvC2, the Tekken Series, SF, Neo Geo games, etc. From 2001-2003 or so, we had fun times playing the perfect Dreamcast ports and Guilty Gear series games. None of us were pro, but we were pretty strong players and did tourneys here and there. It was competitive and fun.

Fast forward a few years and I bought a 360 and began playing online. It sucks because I was getting stomped like crazy. I tried to practice, but realized most of my fighting game strategies were either based on fighting AI or on patterns each of my friends in our old fighting group had.

In reality, it just wasn't fun. It was more of a chore to play online. I don't want to dedicate hours upon hours to one game when I have a MAME set with hundreds of fighting games that I can have fun with against the CPU. No one I hang around with plays video games anymore, much less niche fighting game genres.

It's fun playing against the CPU if you want to experience all the crazy cool fighting games out there. I just started playing Tech Romancer and fucking love it! Also been playing Samurai Shodown 5 special a great deal. These old games have no "scene" so it's a moot point about vs real players anyway.

If you are into SF5, the new MK games, Smash Melee or Killer Instinct (xbone), then yea stop playing CPU and learn to play online. Otherwise, who cares.
>>
In my opinion the better you get at these games the more boring they become. There's a majority demographic of scrubs who have fun playing couch multiplayer or against the CPU and hell, that's where the money really is. Neglecting extra modes and single player fluff is a mistake. Tourneyfags don't turn a profit, normalfags do.
>>
>>3188208
You are retarded
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.