[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i want to update my MAME installation to the latest one,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 626854MAME-Roms.jpg (110KB, 774x330px) Image search: [Google]
626854MAME-Roms.jpg
110KB, 774x330px
So, i want to update my MAME installation to the latest one, ive been using build 0.131 for years because i just didnt want the hassle of updating and checking ROM versions and all that shit.

But now i wanna try some of the new games that dont work on the version im using so i need some advice here.

Whats the easiest, quickest, safer way of checking if the ROMs i have are co0mpatible with the latest MAME build, and then how can i remove the ones that wont work so i can download them again? i did a manual check and in the latest build im missing around 100 games from the list, obviously i have those games since they are showing on my old build and i can play them fine.

How can i achieve this without doing it manually and checking if the ROM sets just changed their names ?
>>
>>3185068
>Whats the easiest, quickest, safer way of checking if the ROMs i have are co0mpatible with the latest MAME build, and then how can i remove the ones that wont work so i can download them again? i did a manual check and in the latest build im missing around 100 games from the list, obviously i have those games since they are showing on my old build and i can play them fine.
>How can i achieve this without doing it manually and checking if the ROM sets just changed their names ?

Get yourself RomCenter. Point it at the latest version of mame you have installed(currently 0.173). It will build a .dat file. Once it's finished(will take time), point it at your rom directory, and let it do it's thing. It will fix/rename stuff as needed, provided you actually have the needed files. It will also tell you 99% of the time if you are missing any needed files for a game.(Doesn't always catch missing BIOS files, like for SF Rush) For "current enough" roms that are mostly compatible with the current set, download whatever you need from edgeemu.

Personally I prefer merged romsets where every single variant and bootleg of a rom is in a single .zip, but you may prefer to go split.
>>
>>3185259
Wheres a good place to get the roms with all variants?
>>
>>3185267
The only place I know that distributes merged romsets is pleasuredome. I'm making my own with RomCenter.
>>
>>3185259
thanks for that.

I just checked and im actually missing only like 50 games, the other half were NeoGeo games that werent showing up on the available list since the Neogeo BIOS file i had was ouidated obviously.

I think ill be doing it manually since theyre just a few i can do it over a couple days, anyways another good question...

I stopped updating my MAME romset about 2 years after the CPS3 emulation was cracked, what are some good games that have been added to MAME that are actually playable? is there a list of new games added to playable status? im so oiut of the loop in regards to emulation in general.
>>
>>3185309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhPl-eusi-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbU5XVUjX_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgM0OE7rNlA
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.