[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most disturbing retro game you've ever played?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: Screamcover.jpg (21KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
Screamcover.jpg
21KB, 250x323px
What's the most disturbing retro game you've ever played?

pic somewhat related
>>
File: image.png (76KB, 650x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76KB, 650x470px
Probably phantasmagoria that shit was bizarre, never play it though, some parts are funny others too bizarre
>>
>>3180787
oddly enough i just finished reading the book. guess i'll have to play the game now.
>>
>>3180787
Harvester without a doubt.

I Have No Mouth is a close second.
>>
File: 1432850122597.jpg (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1432850122597.jpg
115KB, 1024x768px
I haven't played Harvester yet, though that one has quite the reputation, and though IHNMAIMS is disturbing, there's a sense and a purpose to it, it has something to say.
I didn't get that feeling playing Hopkins: FBI, it just felt like the developers had a gore fetish coupled with some deep rooted issues with women, and the whole experience just felt a bit... off.
SPOILERED PIC IS NSFW.
>>
>>3181586
And then that whole sequence is followed by I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF
>>
File: Fatso_keyboard_cat.gif (96KB, 463x347px) Image search: [Google]
Fatso_keyboard_cat.gif
96KB, 463x347px
>>3181590
>BA BA BABA BA BA BA BA BA
Don't remind me....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPBzImqftc
>>
>>3180787
The OST really made that game for me. Gorrister's theme is such a depressing piece of music.
>>
>>3181524
>>3181586
harvester is retarded. to even compare it to I have no mouth is ridiculous.
>>
>>3180787
Speaking of this game I just found Harlan Ellison on YouTube and he's fucking fascinating to listen to.
>>
File: ellen.png (12KB, 108x180px) Image search: [Google]
ellen.png
12KB, 108x180px
THE YELLOW
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH YELLOW HERE
>>
>>3181586
The fuck is happening on the lower right pic?
>>
>>3182232
Suffocated inside a wax sculpture.
>>
Shit was just creepy yo.
>>
>>3181524
Harvester is way too tongue in cheek to be disturbing.
>>
>>3182151
He's also a sue happy cunt who tries to steal money from anyone who writes a story that has even the vaguest similarity to any of his work.
>>
>>3180787
Haven't played yet, but watched a video of dark seed. Shit creeped me out.
>>
>>3182575
He was proven to have been plagiarized in 2 of those 3 suits and voluntarily withdrew the third. The other suit was against ISPs for not taking down people reposting his copyrighted work. And you'd have to be a complete asshole not to side with him on that.
>>
File: Waxworks_DOS_33c.gif (50KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Waxworks_DOS_33c.gif
50KB, 320x200px
>>
>>3182679
The Terminator lawsuit was literally suing for being credited as an inspiration. Ellison is a maximum Jew.
>>
File: favicon.png (10KB, 282x281px) Image search: [Google]
favicon.png
10KB, 282x281px
Doom. Played it when it came out in a friend's basement as a kid.

The ambient sounds were terrifying.
>>
>>3181586
Hopkins FBI has to be one of the loopiest games I've ever seen.

It's like, every room/place you go to, something completely fucking unreasonable happens
>>
>>3182929
Pretty sure that The Terminator WAS plagiarized, the acknowledgement in the credits were added after the lawsuit
>>
File: 8qqpuh9e.jpg (84KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
8qqpuh9e.jpg
84KB, 250x323px
>>3180787
>>
>>3183503
It was, that other anon just doesn't want to let facts get in the way of a good opinion.
>>
unrelated, but I heard a story that Ellison once asked a woman "What would you say to a little fuck?" to wich she responded "Hello, little fuck"

related, Silent Hill 1, but I haven't played that many disturbing retro games
will keep an eye on this thread
>>
>>3181508

>book

Nigga it's a short story.
>>
>>3181586
Didn't this game contain FPS sequences with graphics lifted out of Doom?

>>3182929
>The Terminator lawsuit was literally suing for being credited as an inspiration
No.

>Ellison is a maximum Jew
Yeah, god forbid he'll protect his intellectual property, worse than Hitler.

I love Terminator, but the first movie was blatantly ripped off from Ellison's work, I think Cameron even bragged about it in an interview IIRC.

>>3182967
There weren't really any ambient sounds in the original game, whatever you hear, is something happening, usually when you hear noises but don't see anything happening, it's either a monster somewhere nearby who's looking for you, or the noise of a lift or door operating.
>>
>>3182967
I played DOOM as a kid and just thought it was awesome. It was like playing a heavy metal album. Half Life on the other hand....

>>3181586
holy fucking christ..............

*finds let's play and unzips pants*

WHAT?
>>
>>3181797
This, harvestor is way to corny or over the top to produce anything but a laugh. Probably the scariest thing about it was that the actor for steve was arrested after being found with cp.
>>
>>3181586
watching an LP of this right now. If Anita Sarkeesian reviewed this game (or if more games were like this), she might actually have a point.
>>
>>3185350
Except she wouldn't, because the game is such an obscure and outlandish outlier, how fucking bizarre and goofy it was, and then the violence against women, some which seemed to be almost sexualized, which is what skeeved a lot of people out.

There's no game like it, and NOBODY remembers it and goes "Oh yeah, you know what my favorite part was? The naked dead chicks, bro!"
>>
File: bcbb.jpg (150KB, 349x491px) Image search: [Google]
bcbb.jpg
150KB, 349x491px
>>3183524
>>
>>3185686
My favourite part was getting killed and going to Heaven...but only at certain scripted points.
>>
>>3185686
>the game is such an obscure and outlandish outlie
>implying that would stop her from claiming it's a perfect representation of what ALL video games are like

What else is there to like. I mean I'm watching a lets play right now and other than naked dead chicks and the main character shooting his girlfriend and just being like "whatever bro" I don't see what else the game has to offer, except maybe the part where he cross dresses to escape from heaven, but mostly it's entertaining to watch because the game is filled with naked dead chicks and the game's tone is like "whatever no big deal dude *plays 60s music*" This is what Anita and her supporters think most video games are like.
>>
It's a shame they had to remove these scenes in I have no mouth. But maybe they thought it was a bit too much seeing how the turned out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvt-yuDpfGw
>>
>>3181410
Phantasmagoria is more laughable than anything. The various gore scenes and the infamous rape scene would be hilarious if the actual game wasn't complete ass. Makes you appreciate Gabriel Knight 2 even more.

Two disturbing game I remember are Dark Seed and the well-named Weird Dreams on Amiga.
>>
>>3187507
>the infamous rape scene
>they both have their clothes on and he just dryhumps her for a minute
Kind of disappointing desu
I get that it's presented in a context that is "this is a rape" but just some basic camera angle changes could easily make the scene much better, make it more powerful.
>>
>>3180787
Fatal Frame 2.
Any Clock Tower game.
Resident Evil: Code Veronica.
>>
i have no pooty hole
and i must doo doo
>>
>>3188463
What the fuck are you talking about? They were in the corner of the bathroom, there aren't any other angles to shoot from.

And he doesn't "dryhump" her, he hiked up her nightgown in the front and pulled down the waistband of his underwear - or are you complaining that the actors didn't actually fuck?
>>
As minimalist as they were, the cutscenes from Splatterhouse 3 disturbed me a lot as a kid, way more than any gore the gameplay had.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.