[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if the deal with sony hadn't fallen through and they weren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: HNI_0057.jpg (40KB, 610x381px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0057.jpg
40KB, 610x381px
if the deal with sony hadn't fallen through and they weren't delegated to a non-game console, do you think the CD-i zeldas could have been good?
>>
>ALTTP with loading times and anime cutscenes

maybe
>>
You've got to be kidding.
>>
>>3179538
thing is, the cd-i games are a direct result of nintendo handing the IP's over to philips after their deal with sony went wayside.

If things went ok with sony, the end result would have in no way resembled the youtube poop fuel we ended up with.
>>
Are the CDi games redeemable outside of their cutscenes?
I wanted to give them a try but the emulator I was using only offered mouse control and I couldn't get the program that lets you map shit to buttons to work.
>>
>>3179935
No, absolutely not. Some hipster contrarian will come along and say "oh, they're not that bad" but they are. Likewise with Hotel Mario, it's like one boring mini-game played over and over again indefinitely.
>>
>>3179807
the result probably would have just been a slightly longer LTTP
>>
>>3179942
Hotel Mario is a decent game for what it is, this is like saying that all c64 games are bad because they would be mini-games in this era.
Also, I bet you are also one of those fags that blindly go on about ET being the worst game ever made.
>>
>>3179956
I haven't played ET, I only criticize games I've played.
>>
>>3179935
No. It's like Zelda II if it was designed by the most incompetent Chinese bootleggers you can imagine.
>>
>>3179784
Underrated post
>>
>>3179538
What fucks me off about the artwork is that it doesn't even seem to be hand drawn and scanned. It looks like it was even made in the digital domain - Deluxe Paint or somesuch. And look at the abundance of pixels on the outlines - all the orthogonals too. Soulless rubbish.
>>
>>3179807
It is? I thought the CD-i thing was years before the SNES CD plan.
>>
>>3179784
how about a meme, for luck?
>>
LAMP OIL
A
M
P

O
I
L
>>
>>3180651
ROPE
>>
>>3180659
BOMBS
>>
>>3180663
>>3180659
>>3180651
YOU WANNIT
>>
>>3180664
IT'S YOURS MY FRIEND
>>
>>3180668
AS LONG AS YOU HAVE ENOUGH
>>
>>3180674
RUBEES
>>
File: facesofevil-24a.jpg (39KB, 334x216px) Image search: [Google]
facesofevil-24a.jpg
39KB, 334x216px
Wand of Gamelon and Faces of evil were the twin jewels of the CD-i and excellent games in their own right.

Don't believe the memes; instead read true gaming scholars:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/zeldacdi/zeldacdi.htm
>>
>>3181212
>let's fuck up basic zelda mechanics but still pretend it's not a fucking chore to play
shill harder
>>
>>3181212
You are fucking retarded, any platformer with botched collision detection is dead on arrival. HCG101 is hit and miss as hell, too.
>>
>>3179956
Hotel Mario is a puzzle game in the vein of the Crazy Castle series, the main source of complaints stems from the "Mario" label slapped on something that has virtually nothing to do with the past entries.
>>
>>3180630
They actually flew in Russians to do the animation, and they didn't know anything about Zelda and thought it was some kind of strange American fairy tale.
>>
>>3180630
It sort of reminds me of a low budget Ralph Bakshi production that got digitised.
>>
>>3181260
They had $1.2million of budget and only one year to make both games, on a platform not made for this kind of game.
Result is bad indeed, but not that much given the circumstances.
>>
>>3181260
Why Russians? I thought Korea was where it's at for animation outsourcing.
>>
>>3181260
Is this also the case for I.M Meen and Mutant Rampage?
>>
>>3181401
Because why not? Russia had a vibrant animation industry, albeit most of what it produced was extremely strange and sometimes disturbing.
>>3181498
Yes, same company did all of them (Animation Magic.)
>>
>>3181565
>Because why not?
I don't know. That's why I asked. If Russia's animation industry was so fantastic then why aren't we all familiar with Russian animated films and such?
>>
>>3181565
No, what I meant to write was if the Russians mad the animations for the other games too?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.