[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are multi game cartridges ever worth buying? Pic related is on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: $_57 (2).jpg (331KB, 1424x1600px) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (2).jpg
331KB, 1424x1600px
Are multi game cartridges ever worth buying? Pic related is on eBay for under £30.
>>
>>3176051
If you're willing to drop money on an unofficial cartridge, then just get a flash cart and you can own every single game in that console's library - all on a single cart.
>>
>>3176061
I'm going to get reamed here but is that easy to do? Despite owning consoles since the 80s I've never done anythingll like that.
>>
>>3176072
It's as easy as entering your credit info onto an online order form.
>>
Just get an Everdrive. It's the ultimate multicart.
>>
>>3176075
Any recommendations?
>>
>>3176051
Buying them sounds like gambling. Almost all of them have repeats and that 100 in 1 might actually be a 5 in 1. The ones that actually live up to their names can be counted on one hand.
>>
>>3176051
Alexpress has the same cart for about a tenner
>>
File: 150 in 1.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
150 in 1.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
I own that multicart, OP. I say it's worth it. It's a cheap way to play rare games like Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak, Panic Restaurant, Little Samson, and Chip & Dale 2 on real hardware. Some of the games are the Japanese versions, but most of the time that doesn't matter. Here's a picture of all the items on the menu that I took a few months back.

Look on YouTube for videos of that cartridge in action. It's probably the best multicart out there right now due to its game selection. Still not perfect, but it's a lot better than other multicarts.
>>
>>3176051
>>3176148

This, man. Get it for $16 delivered. The guys on ebay are just reselling ones they got from aliexpress for 3x the price it is there.

This particular one is actually good and worth the price, though there are a few anomalies caused by the folks making it picking whichever fucking rom they felt like, so there's slow sound on Mario 3 etc.

Plus, to play this game you're going to have to mod your NES to remove the lockout chip. Thankfully the mod is simple and can be done in 5 minutes.
>>
>>3176871
>remove
Don't do that.

Just cut the 4th (IIRC) pin. That will do it.
>>
>>3176871
>Plus, to play this game you're going to have to mod your NES to remove the lockout chip.
My stock NES plays this cartridge perfectly fine.
>>
>>3176051
Not for 30 squid on ebay they're not. For a buck or two in a chinese flea market they are.

>>3176087
>le ebic repeats may may
There are plenty that are 90-100% different games. I have dozens of multi carts that are 100% different games. Either everyone here just doesn't do their homework before buying or repeats the story told by one guy who didn't do his homework.
>>
>>3176632
Can't say I know a whole lot about how NES mappers actually work, but any idea how this cart actually pulls off managing all the various games? Are they all using the same general mapper, or?
>>
File: 51VpFGRYU9L._SX425_[1].jpg (32KB, 425x413px) Image search: [Google]
51VpFGRYU9L._SX425_[1].jpg
32KB, 425x413px
Even though I'm the guy who's burned up on him running Recca I still gotta recommend these two multicarts since they have great games and are dirt cheap. You should probably be able to get both and a 60-to-72 pin adapter for your 30 yurobux
>>
>>3176061
you'd think that except that a 900 in 1 game cost about $4 dollars on ali express.
>>
>>3177298
They'll hack them to use a different mapper. The Mega Man 6-in-1 cart that's out there on aliexpress has fucked sound in Mega Man 1 and 2 because of it.
>>
>>3176051

Some of the games have timing and music issues.

Some of the games run too fast.

Some of the games are buggy.

There's a bunch of YouTube reviews for this cart online. Check them out.
>>
>>3177857
They're a bit more expensive than that. The 118 is about $10. The 400 in 1 is about $20.

And unfortunately those mega carts are terrible. Buggy games, hacked title screens, music problems, speed problems, etc, etc, etc
>>
>>3176051

Stay away from the Castlevania 1 & 2 + Mega Man 1-2-3-4-5-6 multi cart, the Mega Man 1 & 2 has shitty audio and for some reason Mega Man 4 is the PAL version, and that causes those horrible sound glitches in MM1&2
>>
>>3176880
I've seen a few people say it's better to ground it, and some who just remove it entirely- could you explain why it's better to ground the leg rather than just remove it?

..it's not going to shoot arcs of electricity into my nes or anything, right?
>>
>>3176085
get krikkz stuff from the official store or if ur cheap get the chinese knockoffs on aliexpress
>>
>>3178227
I pulled that pin out and aside from having to deal with the blinking power light less often + playing your imports and pirate carts it won't affect your NES in any significant way
>>
File: asdfasdfasdfasfdasfd.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasdfasfdasfd.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>3178068
The fuck are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with any of the Mega Man games on my cart. They're all Jap version.
>>
>>3178336
this. I disabled the chip by way of simply cutting pin 4 on the lockout chip almost 10 years ago and the NES is still going strong.
>>
>>3178336
>>3180313

Aye, sorry lads, I read it wrong. I meant to tell him to cut the pin off, and thought you were arguing the case for lifting the pin and grounding it instead, which I've seen said online.

I just can't think why it's better to ground the pin than cut it off, unless in the interests of just fostering good electrical work procedure, getting into a good habit.
>>
>>3180293
he wasn't talking about the 150-in-1 one
>>
>>3180293
how can you stand to be in that room, man?
Pig disgusting tbqh fampai.
>>
File: Screen Shot 05-02-16 at 02.02 AM.png (528KB, 1275x865px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 05-02-16 at 02.02 AM.png
528KB, 1275x865px
>>3177857
WRONG
>>
>>3182715
Eh, it was just dirty at the time. Its actually quite comfy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.