[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any replacement contacts for Nintendo controllers that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: s-l500.jpg (10KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
10KB, 500x375px
Are there any replacement contacts for Nintendo controllers that aren't crap? I just bought some SNES that looked like this and I was disappointed by how much thinner the material was than the original contacts, especially because it caused functional problems like Link moonwalking in Legend of Zelda. They weren't that expensive but I don't really see any point in using them.

Are there any replacement contacts that are as good as the original? My iBuffalo USB clone controller works perfectly, but can I buy just a set of rubber contacts anywhere that work that well?

On a side note, the black stuff on the PCB's D-pad contacts for my SNES controller is really worn down and I can see exposed copper in some parts. Should I be worried about this? Is there anything I should put on there to restore what I assume is a protective conductive coating?
>>
I found the best way to do it is to buy broken originals and part them out and just discarding the broken pieces

Never had any luck with replacement china shit
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (15KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
15KB, 500x481px
>>3175869
Unfortunately the D-pad is usually the first thing to go, so sourcing replacement rubber contacts from broken controllers is kind of pointless.

I decided to give a shot at ordering a different variety from another seller. If you look at the ones in my OP, they're coloring looks similar to what's found in the original controller, but if you look at the fastening loops on the button sheet, they are extremely thin compared to the originals. Overall the material is very light and thin compared to an official one.

The ones I just ordered are pic related. Maybe they're just as bad but I won't really know until I found out. They're from a US eBay seller with good ratings, so we'll see. If nothing else I will at least be able to do a full review of both types. There's other varieties as well, although this one seemed to be in a reasonable price range and it's not shipping from china. If it's a dud maybe I'll try the remaining types to see if I can find a winner and review all of them. 3rd party repair parts are always hit or miss but I'm hoping I eventually find a hit.

For now I can say definitely avoid replacement contacts that look like the ones in the OP, though. They will basically make your official SNES controller feel like a poorly made chinese knockoff, and your characters will be doing a lot of moonwalking. It's more responsive than a worn out set of official contacts, but that's not worth much if they mess up the mechanics of the D-pad to the point of interfering with gameplay.
>>
>>3175663
I ordered replacement contacts like in >>3175916
and after cleaning my controller and replacing it, the button presses are much better now. Especially the D-Pad and the four action buttons are improved. The only downside is that the start and select rubber is actually a little shorter so you can obviously see it's not original when you assembled everything together. The start and select buttons are functional however so I won't complain. Definitely go for something like this if you need to fix your SNES controller!
>>
File: docsfixapad1.jpg (63KB, 751x850px) Image search: [Google]
docsfixapad1.jpg
63KB, 751x850px
Steal Doc's DeLorean, go back to 1985 and buy every one of these.
>>
Well for Genesis controllers I cannibalize 3rd party controllers that were on the market the same time Genesis was. Not perfect fits but if positioned correctly they stay in place and work amazing.
>>
>>3175663
Check mortoff games. I've gotten replacement sets from them and they're very nice. They're not the same shit that's sold elsewhere.
>>
>>3176313
Seconded. I think those are the same as the ones sold by starwander on eBay. They're the best I've found anywhere. The contacts for the L, R, and ABXY buttons are totally indistinguishable from the originals, at least to me. However, the d-pad contacts aren't perfect, so I prefer to salvage original d-pad contacts from junk controllers.
>>
>>3176313
OP here. Mortoff games is actually where I bought the SNES pads from that I was having problems with. Things looked good at first but then I immediately noticed Link was moonwalking in Legend of Zelda because I could very easily push down all 4 directional contacts at once, like on a bootleg controller.

I also bought some NES contacts from him and they seem to be much higher quality. A bit stiffer feeling than my old vintage contacts (probably because those are so old) but very responsive. I can say definitely give the NES contacts from Mortoff a go, but not the SNES ones.

I ordered some SNES contacts from ebay seller "Videogamessource" this week (the ones in this pic >>3175916) and they should be here in a few days. Hopefully the material is a bit thicker and I don't run into the moonwalk problem. There are some other sellers with different styles too, which I can still check out if for some reason these don't work out.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.