[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Footage of cancelled Akira Genesis/SNES game - Intro and gam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: akira-genesis-snes-thq-06.jpg (60KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
akira-genesis-snes-thq-06.jpg
60KB, 640x366px
Footage of cancelled Akira Genesis/SNES game - Intro and gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHOynqolOQ
>>
File: BO4Xdjh.jpg (51KB, 405x348px) Image search: [Google]
BO4Xdjh.jpg
51KB, 405x348px
>>
>>3173675
Looks awful.
>>
>>3173675

Cool to finally see what it played like.

Also kinda glad it got canceled because if this is the best they had to show for ces it probably wouldn't have been very good.
>>
>>3173684
Dat texture mapping though.
>>
>>3173687

Yeah I gotta admit it's got some cool effects. Probably spent more time making the 3D look nice than making a decent game.
>>
Ambitious but poorly executed. Looks like the kind of game made to look awesome in magazine stills then you bought it and were super pissed.
>>
>>3173675
>an adaptation of Akira turned out to be an unfinished mess
>good looking, though

Color me shocked.
>>
Now find me footage of the cancelled SFC/SNES port of In the Hunt.
>>
>>3173809
There was a planned port? thanks god it never was released.
>>
>>3173687
>I'm 15 and don't know what texture mapping means.
>>
The gameplay looks terrible. I mean Action 52 terrible.
>>
>>3173675

>muh interactive movie

I kind of like how they tried to have a whole bunch of different gameplay styles, and some of them look technically impressive, but execution varies wildly.

I feel like we could do an Akira game justice nowadays though.
>>
>>3174147
Yeah those motorbike bits look shit. Like Harley Davidson: The Road To Sturgis or something.
>>
>>3174527
>I feel like we could do an Akira game justice nowadays though.
The tech is definitely there, but I wouldn't trust the corporate, by committee, micro-managing way of big publishers nowadays to do it justice.
>>
>>3173675
That platforming in level 4 looked atrocious, cool effects and cut scenes though.
>>
>>3174015
Yeah you clearly are.

>>>/v/

Punk.
>>
>>3173675
looks like it was overly ambitious. i'm glad it wasn't released then, would be a blemish to akira
>>
>>3175202
Basically everything other then the manga is a blemish, that includes the movie.
>>
>>3175274
Stop with the movie is shit meme. You're not a special snowflake for reading a fucking comic book of all things you stupid wanker.
>>
>>3175274
The movie isn't a blemish. I agree that it sucks that it doesn't even cover a quarter of the manga but it's good for what it is.
>>
File: AkiraClub033.jpg (172KB, 1280x1585px) Image search: [Google]
AkiraClub033.jpg
172KB, 1280x1585px
>>3175290
I admit I was probably to extreme and that it looks beautiful but after reading the manga I look back and feel it wasn't a good adaptation. I watched the movie first like most people so I still back fondly but the reality is akira couldn't work as a single movie.
>>3175314
I'm mostly upset how really important characters like lady miyako, chiyoko, kaori and so many others either have their roles being reduced or not appearing is disappointing.
>>
>>3175340
The problem with the anime adaptation was that the manga wasn't even finished when it was in production.
It's inferior by default.
>>
>>3173675
>guys guys
>what if
>GUYS WHAT IF
>we made a crappy sega cd game...
>ON THE STANDARD GENESIS?
the only saving grace would have been having cool genesis FM synth versions of the soundtrack.
>>
>>3174527
How would an Akira game work? You play Kaneda and behave like Kaneda while the events unfold around you?
>>
>>3175459
I think a game in the universe could be cool, you play as a neo tokyo biker and make moral decisions, maybe get some rad ESP powers. In the manga they give a lot of focus to the destroyed city so maybe it could take place during that point in the story. I guess a side story with Kaneda could also work.
>>
>>3175459
Scenario-based SRPG, perhaps. Or conventional JRPG. The manga has a lot of great fights in it, they can be expanded into encounters, especially everything in volumes 4 through 6, though 3 is also almost entirely fight scenes as well.

For storyline reasons you obviously can't play as Kaneda for all of it since he's not in volume 4.

Here's a rough list of possible battles:

Capsules vs Jokers
Tetuso vs Jokers
Capsules vs Tetsuo vs SDF
Kei vs Tetsuo / Kaneda vs SDF
Kaneda, Kei vs SDF
Tetsuo vs SDF
Kaneda, Kei, Chiyoko vs Nezu
Kaneda, Kei, Chiyoko vs Espers
Kaneda, Kei, Chiyoko vs SDF
Yamada vs Great Akira Empire
Kei, Colonel vs Raiders
Lady Miyako Group vs Great Akira Empire
Tetsuo vs USA Navy
Great Akira Empire vs Navy Seals
Kei vs Tetsuo
Kaneda, Kaisuke, Joker, Kei vs Tetsuo
Kaneda, Kei, Espers, Lady Miyako, Akira vs Tetsuo
Great Akira Empire vs UN Peacekeepers

There's probably some scenarios I'm forgetting about. Any of these can be expanded on, or padded out with random bikers, punks, soldiers, raiders, psychics, etc if we're going the JRPG route.
>>
File: AKIRA.gif (3MB, 293x240px) Image search: [Google]
AKIRA.gif
3MB, 293x240px
T H R E E D E E
H
R
E
E

D
E
E
>>
File: akira2.jpg (361KB, 800x509px) Image search: [Google]
akira2.jpg
361KB, 800x509px
>>3175340
It's not a good adaptation of the Manga but it's a great movie nonetheless, and that's putting it lightly, the animation alone puts it in the category of treasure of humanity.

The Manga goes in-depth to a lot of stuff that a movie format could never possibly accomplish in a 2 hour span of time, but they still managed to make a compelling story.

By the way does the Famicom VN base itself around the movie or the mango?
>>
>>3175459
As a shmup.
>>
>>3176168
The movie.
https://youtu.be/Dm2VIeYpxxg
>>
>>3176168
No adaptation, planned or released, of Akira has ever used the manga as the base aside from the movie (and even then, only the first three volumes).
>>
>>3176161
dat sick gameplay yo
>>
>>3176168
Such a weird game, I can't think of who would think a VN would be the perfect genre for a action movie. I believe that it actually was made to coincide with the movie's release, pretty shit with a very bizarre and annoying music. It has some cool graphics in the cutscenes like the intro.
>>
>>3175459

Like Shenmue
>>
Sure looks pretty.

Sure looks like it played like ass, too.
>>
>>3174015
That post number.
>>
>>3176168
>mango
>>
>>3181883
Hello welcome to your first day on 4chink enjoy your stay
>>
>>3181893
I wish it were my first day.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.