[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got drunk and ordered this last night Anyone have one? Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (610KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
610KB, 640x1136px
Got drunk and ordered this last night
Anyone have one?
Does it come with 32x/Sega cd games
Please and thanks
>>
>>3147109
It's a flash CART, do you think it does Sega CD games?
>>
File: image.png (413KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
413KB, 640x1136px
>>3147114
I have emulated Sega cd games on a psp before so what you said doesn't mean anything

Also from the website pic related says free cd bios
Which I'm assuming is Sega cd
I could be wrong
>>
>>3147124
You still need a SEGA CD unit connected as it has additional hardware in it.
>>
>>3147134
Explain more wise one
Is the same true for 32x
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 640x453px
>>3147109
Is there input lag from using one of these everdrives? Maybe a silly question but I am curious.
>>
>>3147134
So if I have Sega cd unit attached to it it would run snatcher? Answer please this is $500 question
>>
Are you still drunk? This thread is retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3147193
I'm not drunk ENOUGH
>>
>>3147186
Snatcher is overrated tripe that you shouldn't "play" for free anyway.
>>
>>3147138
Yes. The Everdrive doesn't have hardware emulation. You will need the actual 32X and Sega CD systems to play ripped games for those systems.
>>
>>3147235
So i have my Genesis I buy this everdrive
I buy a Sega cd and attach it and it will boot games from ad card??
Sorry I confuse
>>
>>3147220
Man what did snatcher do to you? Hurt your dog?
>>
>>3147220
Confirmed for still being mad about mgsv
>>
>>3147282
>I buy a Sega cd and attach it and it will boot games from ad card??

I doubt it. I would expect you'd need a modded Sega CD or some kind of Sega CD boot disk, with which to run a game off of a CD-R.

This is a Megadrive cart, so it will allow you to play Megadrive games. But nothing else.
>>
>>3147282
No. You'll need to burn a CDR to play Sega CD games. You didn't need the Everdrive.

>>3147138
Yes. You can play 32x games off the Everdrive but you will need to run them through a real 32x. You can play Master System games without any additional hardware though

>>3147207
Wow. Every single bad Saturn game all in one place and zero good ones.
>>
>>3147286
heh, nice snatcher related joke!
>>
>>3147420
You don't need any special hardware to run CD-Rs on the Sega CD / Mega CD. There was no copy protection on the system because no-one had CD burners back then.

Where things get trickier is that the Sega CD does have region coding. The Everdrive does allow you to boot up using BIOS files from other regions, though, which means you can play discs from other regions (including burned ones). For example, if you want to play a Japanese game you can have the Everdrive boot up your Sega CD with the Japanese BIOS and it will play. This feature is only available on the Mega Everdrive though, which costs twice as much as the Everdrive MD.
>>
>>3147440
Or just region patch your burned games to match your console
>>
>>3147474
That's an option too. You only really need to change bios if you want to play the real discs.

For some reason though, I can't for the life of me get any burned copies of Final Fight to play. I am starting to suspect that this particular game might just be really fussy about the CD-Rs that I use. Either the game crashes before gameplay starts, or doesn't play at all, depending on which ROM I'm trying to burn. I think I have an unused Verbatim retro vinyl CD somwhere, so maybe I should give that a try. I hear Verbatim are much more reliable than the CD-Rs you can buy at Wal-Mart and Sega CD almost always reads them.

Dreamcast games are something else, though. If you want to burn a 99min copy of a game, the only 99min CD-Rs that are high enough quality to work have to be ordered from TaoBao, and even those are just barely not shitty enough that they work. No-one in the West bothers making 99min CDs anymore because not all CD burners can do overburn reliably.
>>
>>3147504
Luckily most dreamcast games come in small enough to fit on an 80 minute disc, or else can be stripped down to fit.
>>
>>3147420
>i din't know but i'll post anyway
topkekkid
>>
>>3147124
You're an idiot who buys products without understanding what they are or what they do.
>>
>>3148057

Not him, but copious amounts of alcohol will do that to you.
>>
>>3148057
This
Buying something that you know will save you a shitload of money and then hoping maybe it can do more is fucking retarded
>>
>>3147109
I just got one in the mail a few days ago OP

The load times are new to me (I have a legit ED64 2.5 with no loading at all). The MD takes about 5-10 seconds to load a game. Haven't fully tested it out yet but it seems to work fine.

>>3147183
I'm not an expert by any means, but I haven't seen any difference between playing my legit copies of Smash 64 and F-Zero X vs. playing them off a flash cart. I think it just emulates the cart hardware, as far as the system is aware it's just playing a normal cart.
>>
>>3147429
The main thing about the burning CD games is that you still need a method to change the BIOS if you're gonna play foreign-region games. Everdrives can (with varying levels of success) emulate a different BIOS, saving you the hassle of doing a hardware mod. I say varying levels of success because it is inconsistent, and unfortunately it is an issue that cannot be fixed without a total hardware revision (krikzz says so).

That's why I bought a chinadrive. I figure once he perfects the genesis cart then I'll buy the Mega ED since it does everything.
>>
>>3148263
disregard this post, I didn't know region patching was a thing.

Is this the go-to for that task or is there a better tool?

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/sega-cd/sega-cd-region-changer-scdcon-25/
>>
>>3148270
Wow, so in the span of about 2 minutes, casually skimming a 4chan thread saved you hundreds of dollars and months or years of waiting for new hardware?

What an occurrence.
>>
>>3147183
>input lag
No, of course not. It's not an emulator, it's a real cart for your real Mega Drive. It's exactly the same as a legit cart. It is the real thing.
>>3147109
>Does it come with 32x/Sega cd games
It is unlikely to come with any games. You'll have to copy all your roms onto the SD card. Try to have some decent sorting scheme because the FAT16 filesystem has some serious limits on how many files you can have in a single directory. If you just dump everything in the root you'll probably only be able to play the first 256 games.
>32x
If you have a 32x you should be able to use the Everdrive to play 32x games.
>Sega cd
No, you daft bugger. You can't play CD games without the hardware that plays them. The Mega CD doesn't have copy protection so just burn CDs to play them on it, no flash cart needed.
>>
>>3148109
>losing control when drunk
Wotta lightweight.
>>
>>3148408
>It is unlikely to come with any games
It's unlikely you know what you're talking about. It comes with games. And a few versions of CD BIOS.
>>
>>3148408
Thanks for answering me, I am op. You are truly a champion
If I knew your name I would sing it

Sorry guys,
I'm planning my summer vacation with my flashcart. Always wanted to play hard corps and bloodlines.

Two more questions though.

Do mega drives have save state ability?
Like on the psp I could save by hitting a button. That came in handy.

>Sega cd emulation
Why isn't that thread up??

>do mega drives work the same with Cdx?

> aw shit it comes loaded with master system games. As someone who got into it in 1992, what are some essential master system games!
>>
>>3148529
Also, thunder force IV
Or lightening force wtf ever
Was notoriously bad on emulators
As
I am planning my summer vacation I need
To know if that rom
Works or I
Will buy it again
>>
>>3147420
>This is a Megadrive cart, so it will allow you to play Megadrive games. But nothing else.
Actually, it can also load master system roms, because the megadrive is backwards compatible.
>>
>>3148559
And it will load the Sega/Mega CD BIOS. The tard obviously don't have one and doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>3147183
>>3147124

flashcarts != emulator

Just because you are using ROMs does not mean you are emulating.

Similarly, just because some chinese crap let you use your beloved cartridges does not mean it's necessarely the "real thing", see Retron 5 and Retrofreak who are emulators in disguise..
>>
>>3148529
only Mega Everdrive flashcart does savestate and it's not even really stable or compatible with everything

seeing that cheap pric eyou paid, this is likely a basic Everdrive MD knockoff so no savesstae for you

>>3148531
This game is correctly emulated by now, maybe emualtion was notoriously bad for it 15 years ago but things has changed since, you know
>>
>>3148835
My cheap chink MD ED does save states. It does them better than my cheap chink super UFO to.
>>
>>3148348
At least one anon learned something ITT
>>
>>3147124
>>3147138
I really hope this is bait
>>
>>3149114
No it doesn't. You are confusing internal game saves, which hold some bits of game state and are specific to game software, with savestates, which hold the console hardware state and let you continue ANY games exactly from where you left it.
>>
>>3149931
I'm not confusing anything. But you certainly sound confused.
>>
>>3150132
Now I'm just confused
The mega drive Chinese one does let you save whenever you want or no
>>
File: number 99min cd-r.png (108KB, 301x288px) Image search: [Google]
number 99min cd-r.png
108KB, 301x288px
>>3147539
This is true. There are a few noteworthy exceptions though, the biggest being English Shenmue 2 and the Shenmue 1 Undub. There are stripped down versions but are missing some voices, and / or have almost inaudibly compressed voices. It's still quite playable, but the only way to burn the best version is on a 99min CD-R, and the only source for ones that work is TaoBao.

While they're certainly not as stable as something nice like Verbatim discs, they're the only 99min option I know of that works. If your dreamcast has trouble with it, you could also optionally burn the smaller version on a high quality disc and only use the 99min discs for the parts of the game that would be missing the voices. A somewhat wacky option, but it's doable since they use the same memory card files. My Version 0 Dreamcast seems to handle the 99min discs nicely enough, though.
>>
>>3150464
So it works out because weeaboos who insist on playing fan-undubbed games also like to import rare shit that "no one in the west bothers making."

Like, I guess what I'm saying is that the team that modded shenmue really understood their audience.
>>
>>3148521
You're so witty. It's pretty logical for me to assume it doesn't come with games. I bought my SD card elsewhere, so of course I wouldn't know.
What does it come with? And why are there BIOS roms? I didn't think the Everdrive MD had any CD functionality, has it and the Mega Everdrive been merged into one product or something?

>>3148529
Yeah, no worries m8.
>Do mega drives have save state ability?
>Like on the psp I could save by hitting a button.
Nah. If the cart has a button it's for pausing Master System games. (Because, by the way, you can play Master System games on it.)
>>
File: image.png (664KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
664KB, 640x1136px
Wtf is that even????
>>
>>3148835
It wasn't working on my psp as of like a year ago only reason I asked
>>
>>3151124
>It's pretty logical for me to assume a knockoff Chinese flash cart that comes with a "Free 8GB SD Card with 811 16-bit GENESIS/MegaDrive games and 447 8-bit MasterSystem games pre-installed" doesn't come with any games.
I don't even know how to respond to that level of fucktaredness.
It comes with CD BIOS ROMS because it support it Einstein.
And you use the save state stuff by pressing start and down or some shit.
Statistically you should have got 1.5 out of three things right. Your ignorance defies the laws of mathematics.
>>
>>3151497
Op here
So far it comes with cd bios Roms
Does that mean
A) I can run Sega cd cdrs with this installed
B) it has Sega cd rom support I would just need to get the files
C) I'm retarted

Sorry I don't know what cd bios means
I'm new to this emulation thing
All I have ever emulated before on was a psp go
>>
>not sure if retarded or worst bait ever
>>
>>3151698
C.
It lets you boot the CD BIOS from the cart instead of the CD addon. That is all. It doesn't even work with 100% of games.

Just to be clear. It will not emulate a CD addon device. It will not let you play CD games without the CD addon device. It will not make your penis longer, grant you three wishes,etc.
>>
>>3147186
I don't think so, I could be wrong. The Sega CD plays burnt games anyway.
>>
>>3147109
Hey, as long as it's not one of the non-sega everdrives, you're okay.
It won't do 32X or Sega CD games. Well, it might do 32X but you'll need to own a 32X for your genesis if it's going to work.

For sega CD games I just burn CD-R's.
>>
File: IMG_5248.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5248.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>3147186
Almost certain this is bait, but whatever.
Here's how you play snatcher or any other Sega CD game.
>>
>>3153357
Off a disc labeled Lunar The Silver Star?
>>
>>3153378
You're clearly not as clever as the guy your replying to who knows that that's how snatcher is actually spelled.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.