[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the highest number of games you're allowed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: 2550873-games.jpg (47KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2550873-games.jpg
47KB, 500x333px
What's the highest number of games you're allowed to own before /vr/ starts calling you an autist?
>>
Whatever number the person calling you an autist has plus 1
>>
>>3129069
>>3129074
If you have any number of physical games emulator-only fags are going to come out in droves to attack you out of rage and jealousy.

I rarely post my collection any more because it just ends up being shitposting.
>>
>>3129074
truth
>>
>>3129069
It doesn't matter as long as you've beaten most of them.
>>
>>3129069

If you bought most of these games when the console was still active or shortly after it was active, I wouldn't call you an autist. Even if you bought these games for consoles like the Saturn that don't emulate well, I wouldn't. The autist boundary is a vague one, but you very well may be an autist if you're paying exorbitant prices for 20+ year old second hand cartridges that you could be emulating for free. You're definitely an autist if you're obsessed with the 'collection' aspect, and have shelf after shelf of games that essentially sit there gathering dust as you continue to hoard them. If you have ever payed 50 clams for a game box (just the box, no game) then you may be a super autist. It's all about context really. There is a point where you go from being a person who enjoys playing retro video games to being someone who cares more about nostalgia, game packaging and having the perfect 'CRT' setup. Somewhere in the middle there lies the autism event horizon that many posters here have left behind long ago. And I feel for them. But hey, at least the resellers are making bank.
>>
>>3129110
OP here, just to be clear that image isn't me. I just grabbed it from google.
>>
>>3129069
One.
>>
more than 0

>buying expensive kiddy games from resellers when emulation is vastly superior

top cuck
>>
Any number of games, apparently. There are a bunch of people here who will give you shit for even having your games from childhood. This is the most anti-game retro board on the net.
>>
>>3129076
>implying you're actually playing the real game when you emulate

Nope. Physical copies for me. I will collect them, I will play them and I will have a fun time knowing it triggers autists.
>>
>>3129141
>and I will have a fun time knowing it triggers autists.
This is when you know you're too far gone.
>>
>>3129141

you might want to get that autism checked
>>
>>3129141
>>3129148
So this whole board is just one vicious cycle of autists triggering autists triggering autists.
>>
>>3129153
pretty much
>>
>>3129152
>like retro video games
>want to play retro video games
>somehow I'm the autist
kek, autist logic.
>>
People who call collectors autistic are almost assuredly jealous and/or are too young to understand that not everyone else is a meme following kiddo who found out about the NES after watching Game Grumps.

However, I'm all for calling out people who drastically overpay for shit and drive up prices just so they can feel like a real gamer. If you are buying for your own satisfaction, then I'd be more understanding, but I feel like some people are in the game as some sort of e-cred or investment opportunity.
>>
>>3129069
>What's the highest number of games you're allowed to own before /vr/ starts calling you an autist?

Why even bother buying 20 year old used games?

Just grab a flashcart.
>>
>>3129172
I tend to agree. I collect for one reason only, to play the games. I get most of my stuff from my local retro shop or from flea markets, peddler's malls, yard sales, the occasional reasonably priced eBay deal, etc because I refuse to give money to reseller scum.

>>3129184
Flashcarts are great for more rare roms like Nintendo World Championship but mostly it's just too much of a hassle since I have no way of putting a rom on them.
>>
>>3129172
>>3129208
I hate calling it a collection because of the negative connotation.

For me it's a means to an end. I don't sell because it's not worth the time or money, so my library grows organically as I purchase games. I also dislike selling because I do like to replay games I own on occasion, even if it's something like Bionic Commando on PS3 that was kinda mediocre and only really worth a single playthrough.
>>
>>3129221
>I hate calling it a collection because of the negative connotation.

Call it a library. If you only have games you have played and/or will play, it's no different than a book library.
>>
>>3129153
yeah, but the fact that people acknowledge it here warms my heart a bit.
>>
collecting games for the sake of collecting is fucked up.

If I don't play a game for a year i'll sell it. The only exception are my N64 games. I want my kids to play those.
>>
File: smug-collector-bragging.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug-collector-bragging.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>3129069
>Spends small fortune on amassing collection
>Gets into record book
>promptly sells off collection

Think he even played a fraction of those games?
>>
>>3129254
Doubtful.

He's most definitely the worst kind of collector. It's the obessive, borderline autistic collector.
>>
>>3129250
You consolist. I'm so fucking triggered right now.
>>
>>3129172

>People who call collectors autistic are almost assuredly jealous

I hear this a lot, and it's pretty silly. I'd probably be jealous of your huge badass retro game collection if it wasn't possible to emulate the vast majority of it pretty much perfectly. Why would I be jealous of your Mega Drive library when I just downloaded THE Mega Drive library in it's entirity in a matter of minutes? Yeah, it's cool and everything, but I can still play all those games whenever I want to, and it didn't cost me a thing.

>or are too young to understand that not everyone else is a meme following kiddo who found out about the NES after watching Game Grumps

This is a pretty typical thing you here around these parts too. It's funny, because calling someone else a kid is a pretty good indicator that you're not only pretty immature yourself but also highly insecure about it. No anon, not everyone who emulates is a child. And no, I'm still not a child if I make fun of you for collecting all these overpriced cartridges that, let's face it, you probably never play. I get that you're obsessed with all the superficial aspects of retro gaming, but I personally just like playing the games and that doesn't mean I'm some meme spouting teenager who watches let's plays on youtube.
>>
>>3129105
Dumbest response of 2016 thus far. Conragtulations, anon!
>>
>>3129069
It isn't a number, but rather a point where you stop buying games to enjoy playing them, where you're instead buying them to stick on a shelf to 'complete' a collection.
>>
>>3129221
I do the same thing.
I have a collection, but I don't actively collect.
>>
ITT: one of the many occasions where people on the internet keep spouting the word "autism" as a buzzword in a way that is not at all related to what it really means
>>
>>3129285
What's dumb about it? I don't care how many games a person has. I just think it's dumb to own a ton of games you will never play.
>>
>>3129293

That is true. In this case, it's more like OCD. There is some co-morbitiy there with the two conditions though, so it's a forgivable mistake.
>>
>>3129283
Nah nigga I still have my GBA and actively play a lot of games on that thing.
>>
>>3129302
That's literally not even what you said, tard boy.

Played =! Beaten
>>
>>3129302
I've only beaten maybe 2/5 to half of my childhood games. Shit's just hard, yo. It's an unfair measurement to apply to people.
>>
>>3129110
I pretty much agree with this. I have flashcarts for my Mega Drive and SNES. I do like to buy the games for real, but only if they're cheap (like, half the original retail price at most in box). Otherwise I'll just put the game on a flashcart. There's something I like about having the actual game that I can't really put my finger on, but I don't like it THAT much to pay lots of money.
>>
>>3129254
I don't really mind these sorts of collectors, honestly. There are people who just enjoy the excitement of hunting for games, finding rare ones, completing collections. They don't even care that much about the end result, the collecting IS the game for them. They're perfectly happy to sell it all afterwards. That seems like the type of person that guy is, and I'm cool with that. Then you have the obsessive hoarder type, which the person who bought his collection probably is.
>>
>>3129346
I've finished all of mine.
>>
>>3129372
>they're perfectly happy to sell it afterwards

Top fucking kek m8.

That's dude is a diamond in the rough if he sold everything.
>>
>>3129434
He only sold it because his wife made him.
>>
>>3129457
Gotta pay for his Wife's son's education. He a gud boy.
>>
>>3129284
I think I didn't really make myself clear, so I will try again without sounding so condescending. Not everyone with a game collection is a newbie collector who had to buy everything at inflated prices. Many have games from back when they were new or bought some back before collecting became a fad/investment opportunity and prices were cheaper. SMB/DH used to be worth pennies and, if 6ou look at something like pricecharting, you'll see that something like Little Samson wasn't always a several hundred dollar game. While I would never pay $100 or whatever for RC Pro Am II, I do have it complete because I bought it back in the mid 90's from Sam's Club, probably out of the bargain bin. I was trying to say that some people who bash collectors are probably forgetting that not every collector just started 3 years ago.
>>
>>3129160

>like retro games
>think emulated games aren't real games somehow
>pay 200 bucks for a Chrono Trigger cartridge off ebay
>slot it in it's rightful place on alphabetised SNES shelf
>never touch the game again
>go on image board and call other people autistic
>>
>>3129069
>>giving a fuck what /vr/ thinks
Op what the hell are you doing?
>>
>>3129582
>implying this isn't a troll thread from the start.
>>
>>3129284
Emulating isnt cool tho
>>
As soon as you paid more than 60 bucks for a used game you've never played
>>
>>3129817
What if I play it right after buying?
>>
More than 20-30 games for a console and you're digging into mediocre trash.
>>
>collector cucks getting BTFO this hard
>>
>>3129945
This guy gets it. 30 games is the absolute max. Some consoles have like 6 good games.
>>
>>3129945
>>3130004
I can generally support this for most consoles. If I could have my choice of 30 titles for every console I'd feel pretty satisfied with my collection. There are a few consoles it might take some difficult decisions on but not many. Playstation, I could definitely list 30 great games right off the top of my head pretty easily.
>>
Why do you even care, the thread
>>
>>3130004
This feels right to be honest. I do have a lot of NES and SNES games, but half of them are nostalgia. The other half are games I always wanted as a kid or ones I've heard about over the years.
>>
>>3129284
Everyone can tell you're a meme-spouting teenager, btw.
>>
>>3129293
You're not allowed to have any amount of passion for anything now. Tanking an interest is instant autism.
>>
File: 9f2[1].png (12KB, 472x433px) Image search: [Google]
9f2[1].png
12KB, 472x433px
>>3130081

That's right. Everyone who disagrees with you is underage. It's the only possible explanation.
>>
File: ur so gud.png (85KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
ur so gud.png
85KB, 250x185px
>>3130105
I know right?
>>
>>3129493
>SMB/DH used to be worth pennies
>implying it's worth something now

Wait what?
>Google it, ebay listing from "yozos" for $600
What the fuck?

I love my memories of when I was ten but not sure I'd pay $600 for a cart...I see it listed for a few bucks by heaps of people which seems more realistic...

I did lose the zapper though, wouldn't mind getting one of those.
>>
>>3129069
That isn't even a valid metric for diagnosis.

GTFO, "Doc".
>>
I own 95% of all published games because I have Internet access
>>
I don't know, but sometimes I feel like one

>~40 Genesis games
>~30 Saturn games
>~40 PC Engine games
>~40 PS1 games
>~15 Dreamcast games

Way too many games. There used to be more but I've been selling off a lot though. Unfortunately it's getting to that point of deciding between "games I like and don't want to get rid of" and "games I like but won't play again", which is tough.
>>
>>3129069
God DAMN I am sick of these new wave fucking poseur dipshits showing off shit in photos they've no real attachment to. It drives me up the fucking wall I mean look at him!

I bet he doesn't even support Arsenal.
>>
If you bought more than 10% of your collection on the internet you're not a real collector.
>>
If you pickup literally everything you find for no reason and never play them then you are. Have a focused collection of games you actually want to play. Don't just buy a bunch of shit you don't know about.
>>
When you have a shrine of fucking amibos and Mario posters and Nintendo shit everywhere. I like video games and I like collecting retro video games. But it isn't my fucking life. Please have sex.
>>
>>3132029
>Please have sex.

If you put a sperg on a deserted island without all of his autistic man-toys, he's not going to stop being a sperg. He'll just stop being a sperg in possession of autistic man-toys.

Spergs couldn't get laid even if they totally dropped whatever triggered their autism.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.