[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you please recommend some good RPGs for ps1 for me? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (28KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 400x240px
Can you please recommend some good RPGs for ps1 for me? I've only been into RPGs for a little bit before it was mostly call of duty.
I'm currently playing pic related can you recommend any good RPGs like it on ps1
(I am aware the game was originally on snes)
>>
Final Fantasy 12456789 Tactics
>>
>>3118389
FF7-9 and Tactics
Saga Frontier 1 and 2
Suikoden 1 and 2
Breath of Fire 3 and 4
Grandia
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Legaia
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Thousand Arms
Lunar Silver Star Story
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve 1 and 2
Vagrant Story
Tales of Eternia
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean 2

The PS1 was a goldmine for JRPGs honestly.
>>
>>3118454
What's wrong with 3?
>>
>>3118454
3 didnt come out on ps, anon
>>
>>3118560
I didn't even realise. That's a bit funny.
>>
>>3118556
Boring grindfest. Not interesting or memorable
>>
>>3118549
This, plus

Wild Arms for a traditional Turn Based experience
Monster Rancher if you are a lot into creature raising and a little into fighting with them
Jade Cocoon if you are a little into creature raising and a lot into fighting with them
>>
>>3118549
This is a pretty good list to get started on.

I wish that Valkyrie Profile got more attention, though. Doesn't seem like many people made it through that one, and it was definitely a unique experience.
>>
>>3118689
Is the PSP version any good? Thinking about getting it.
>>
>>3118709
I played on PS1. I have never really interacted with a PSP, to be quite honest. There has never been a game on it that significantly drew my attention. There was a sequel on the PS2, but do yourself a favor and stay far away from that. The sequel is awful.
>>
>>3118549
Op here. Thanks!!
>>
>>3118389
PS1 wasn't known for it's RPGs. Wouldn't you rather play a nice FPS game?
>>
>>3118689
Because it's a shit game with horrible story presentation. The battle system would've been good if gameplay didn't degrade into ignoring it completely in favor of maneuvering a clunky menu system and spamming magic.

Literally the only thing VP has going for it is graphics and animation, which are top notch.
>>
File: The Great RPG Console Battle.jpg (2MB, 2344x3304px) Image search: [Google]
The Great RPG Console Battle.jpg
2MB, 2344x3304px
>>3118920
Go away SNESfag
>>
>>3118926
>The battle system would've been good if gameplay didn't degrade into ignoring it completely in favor of maneuvering a clunky menu system and spamming magic.

Lying on the internet at your age isn't good Anon.
>>
File: TnQRX6v.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
TnQRX6v.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>>3118980
>tales of eternia on there twice
>>
>>3119209
I wasn't the one who made it, will correct it now.
>>
>>3118980
Missing Dragon Quest V and VI
for better or for worse
>>
File: The Great RPG Console Battle.jpg (3MB, 2344x3304px) Image search: [Google]
The Great RPG Console Battle.jpg
3MB, 2344x3304px
>>3119253
Fixed.
>>
>>3118980
Where is Romancing SaGa 3 for the SNES?
>>
If you like action rpg you should try The Adventures of Alundra
>>
File: 1452397200260.jpg (5KB, 217x208px) Image search: [Google]
1452397200260.jpg
5KB, 217x208px
>>3119254
What a garbage list, it's missing a lot of games on both systems.

SNES:
Romancing SaGa 1-2-3
Tengai Makyou Zero
Metal Max Returns
Metal Max 2
Dark Law
Wizap! Ankoku no Ou
Rudra no Hihou
Inindo
Uncharted Waters
Milandra
Shiren the motherfucking Wanderer
Bounty Sword
Starlight&Prairie
Mystic Ark
Brain Lord
Ys V
Energy Breaker
Cyber Knight
Cyber Knight 2
SMT: If
Hero Senki
SRW 3
SRW EX

PS:
Vandal Hearts
Vandal Hearts 2
Lunatic Dawn 3
Lunatic Dawn Odyssey
Zill O'll
Koudelka
Khamrai
Asuncia
Chocobo Dungeon
Chocobo Dungeon 2
Bardysh
Mystic Ark: Maboroshi Gekijyo
Front Mission remake
Front Mission 2
Front Mission 3
Front Mission Alternative
DQ7
Saiyuki: Journey West
All the Digimon world games
Dragon Seeds
Torneko:The last hope
Persona
SMT: Devil Summoner
Neo SRW
SRW Alpha
SRW Alpha Gaiden

And these are just the ones I remember right now, without counting multiplats like Brandish 1 and 2, SMT: Soul Hackers, Ys games, SRW F, Princess Minerva and the likes.
Besides, there's two Wild Arms covers for some reason and there's the Tactics Ogre port on PS but not the original on SNES, whoever made and use that image should be ashamed.
>>
>>3119332
>SRW 3
>SRW EX
>SRW Alpha
>SRW Alpha Gaiden

OK, but aren't you forgetting something? Something like SRW 4 Final? Or do you just not give a shit about continuity.
>>
>>3119352
You know what, given that you didn't list Shin Masoukishin it's probably the latter.
>>
>>3119352
>Something like SRW 4 Final?
But I did mention it, I didn't put it in the list because it's a multiplat so it doesn't really count for me, but you are still right, I forgot Masoukishin for the SNES.
>>
>>3119362
Now that I think about it I also completely forgot Drakkhen and Dragon View for some reason, guess I'm getting old.
>>
File: wb.jpg (18KB, 256x276px) Image search: [Google]
wb.jpg
18KB, 256x276px
>>3119254
>7th Saga
>good
>>
>>3119332
You forgot Laplace's Demon and should be ashamed.
>>
>>3118709
It was the only version that worked properly on PSP for me.
>>
>>3118556
Couldn't you say that FF2 is a boring grindfest as well.
>>
File: 1459697163648.jpg (134KB, 570x671px) Image search: [Google]
1459697163648.jpg
134KB, 570x671px
>>3119332
Is Siren the wanderer that good?
I'm going to get Siren the Wanderer 5 for the vita and I was wondering how good it is.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.