[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post your Top 10 favorite games while others rec you something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (20KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 256x224px
ITT: Post your Top 10 favorite games while others rec you something you would like or assume what kind of person you are
(Also, keep it retro)

>Galaga
>Medievil
>Stunts
>Die Hard Trilogy
>Police Quest III: The Kindred
>Hydro Thunder
>Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
>PuLiRuLa
>Faxanadu
>Neo Turf Masters
>>
File: 1459473668254-714278092.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1459473668254-714278092.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
You're all over the place. Can't really get a beat. Gyruss? If not only for the music.

Anyway; too pick my ten favorite games would be difficult, so I'll just list the ten I've played within the past few months(retro, obviously):

>Mario Kart 64
>Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
>Saturn Bomberman
>Bomberman 64
>House of the Dead 2
>Kid Clown in Crazy Chase
>Wario's Woods
>Bomberman 2
>Donkey Kong Country 2
>Super Mario Kart (Mario Kart R)
>Toejam and Earl
>>
>>3104953
Ever play Galaga 88? Fantastic remake of the original

Legend of Xanadu I and II are receiving translations, so maybe check those out sometime! Or also try the Wonder Boy series.

I guess this is a retro list? 10 games is really tough...

>Mario 64
>Mega Turrican
>Mario World
>Soldier Blade
>Castlevania Bloodlines
>Majora's Mask
>Bonk 2
>Wario Land 4
>Sonic CD
>Mario Land 1
>>
In no order.
>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Castlevania Symphony of the Night
>Super Metroid
>Dragon Quest III
>Elder Scrolls Daggerfall
>Silent Hill
>Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
>Zelda 2 Adventure of Link
>Pokemon Crystal
>Tactics Ogre

Honorable mentions to the Front Mission and Armor Core franchises.

Also yes, I've played the grand majority of SRPGs on the PSX, so please don't recommend me one unless it's really, really niche.

>>3104953
Have you played The Punisher arcade game? I think you might really like it. Also if you like Hydro Thunder, you could try Rush 2049 or Crusin' World.

>>3105474
Wario Land 2/3 on the GBC. Give those a shot if you haven't already.

>>3105496
The Divide Enemies Within on the PSX. Fantastic game, very underrated.
>>
Gran Turismo 2
Formula 1 built to win
Micro machines
Cobra Triangle
Test Drive 2 the duel
Top gear 3000
Rock n roll racing
Wings 2 aces high
Earthbound
Silent Hill
>>
>Asteroids for Atari 2600
>Pokemon Crystal
>Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
>Super Mario Land
>Super Mario World
>Galaga
>Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
>Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages
>Super Mario 64
> Pokemon Emerald
>>
>>3104953
>Age of Empires II (PC)
>Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
>Wario Land III (GBC)
>Fire Emblem 4 (SNES)
>Heroes of Might and Magic III (PC)
>Gemfire (Genesis)
>Super Mario RPG (SNES)
>Pokemon Gold (GBC)
>Ninja Gaiden (NES)
>Harvest Moon 3 (GBC)
>>
I do my favorite retro games.
Doom
Blood
The secret of monkey island
Mega man 4
Mother 1
Castlevania 1
Banjo kazooie
Monster world V
Intelligent qube
Spyro 2
>>
>>3105760
Try robotrek snes
>>
Rollcage Stage II
WipEout 3 SE
WipEout 2097
Jet Moto 2
F-Zero X
Xtreme G II
Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri
Heretic
R-Type Delta
Donkey Kong Country
>>
Legend of Mana
Dark Souls
JSRF
Windwaker
Silent Hill 2
Devil May Cry 3
Halo 2
Adventure of Link
FF: Advanced Tactics
Metal Gear Solid

pls help me
>>
>>3106169
Secret of evermore, snes
>>
In no particular order:

Legend of Zelda
Links Awakening
Phantasy Star Online
Kirby's Dream Land (and the rest of the kirby series)
Doom
Super Mario 64
Jet Grind/Set Radio
Power Stone 2
Final Fantasy 6
Quest 64 (more for personal reasons than real quality)

I wish I had more time for long rpgs these days. Working 5 days a week kills my time for gaming.

>>3106169
You should check either of the Nintendo 64 Legend of Zelda's. Secret of Evermore or any of the snes final fantasies would be good if you liked Legend of Mana. Oger Battle is a tatics game that's also a lot of fun. Doom is always fun if you like fps's. If you're a big fan of dark souls though, you could go and check out Kings Field which is made by the same company, or I'd actually the first Legend of Zelda with maybe a map of the overworld. That game is hugely open world (albeit for a NES game) and your ability to make it through is almost solely dependent on your skill with your sword and shield rather than your ability to follow different npc's fetch quests. Also the castlevania games were a huge inspiration for the level design of Dark Souls.

>>3105582
Dragon Warrior Monsters is basically Dragon Quest crossed with pokemon. Some things are different but you might like it. Wario Land 2 is also a pretty good platformer also for gameboy color. I don't really have good suggestion for arcade shooters though, sorry. One that I kind of liked was Parodius (snes/sfc) which riffs on Gradius III, that might be up you alley but it can get pretty hectic.

>>3105542
I'd check out the Rush or Crusin' series for 64 if you want some racing games on that system. Road Rash 1/2 is also a fun racing game where you get to beat up other racers as you drive pass them.
>>
My top 10 has two non-retro games, which I'll leave out. They're in order; Diablo 2 and Q3A are my favorites.

Diablo 2
Quake 3: Arena
Baldur's Gate 2
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Doom
Civilization 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Mechwarrior 2
NiGHTS into Dreams
Might and Magic 6

>>3104953
Give Gradius a go. It has the feeling of the early arcade experience, for sure.

>>3105474
Play Legend of the Mystical Ninja, or its sequel on SNES if you have played it already. It's excellent, especially in co-op.

>>3105961
Give Quake a shot if you somehow haven't already. Not quite as good as Doom but it's damn close.

>>3106118
Have you played Master of Magic?
>>
File: Space_Harrier_Art_11.jpg (480KB, 1412x1550px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Harrier_Art_11.jpg
480KB, 1412x1550px
In no particular order:
>NiGHTS
>Shinobi 3
>Castlevania
>MK
>Out Run
>Lords of Magic:SE
>Space Harrier
>PDS
>LoZ
>Toy Commander
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.