[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ePSXe the best choice if I just want play PSX games with no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ePSXe.png (145KB, 700x345px) Image search: [Google]
ePSXe.png
145KB, 700x345px
Is ePSXe the best choice if I just want play PSX games with no fuss?

How's /vr/ feel about scanlines? I haven't played PSX since the 90s.
>>
EPSXE is horribly inaccurate. Stick to mednafen, bra.
>>
>>3102714
is there a simple way to configure/run it or do I need to learn to run shit with notepad+ and all that garbage? because fuck that
>>
>>3102724
Retroarch, bra.
>>
what is wrong with epsxe?
>>
>>3102738
Absolutely nothing.

But a bunch of autists will bitch and complain whenever someone isn't playing in 320x240 software rendering.
>>
The last build is from 17 February and improved a lot the emulator. Must be 90% accuracy, so its better than nothing.
>>
>>3102684
>ePSXe
Trash
>scanlines
Double trash
>>
>>3102684
u so scummy u wont buy a ps2
>>
>>3102684
Uh, no.

Original PS3 is the best.
>>
>>3102771
>>3102742
They updated it pretty recently and added a fuck ton of needed features, bug fixes, plugin problems ect. Its still the best "innacurate" psx emu around right now. Dont let them fool you
>>
>>3103568
>They updated it pretty recently and added a fuck ton of needed features, bug fixes, plugin problems ect
The update barely changed anything. The entire program is a very poor emulator based on outdated hardware specs.

LLE of PSX is perfectly possible these days, you don't need to rely on some awful pile of shit that's basically a bunch of game-specific hacks stuck together with the coding equivalent of chewing gum and duct tape.

MEDNAFEN is leaps and bounds better. I've watched people using the "latest" ePSXe recently, and it's still fraught with bugs. It's not even remotely close to accurate on even high-profile games, and plenty of niche games have major issues.

I like my emulators to just fucking work. I don't like spending 5 hours in the settings menu because X game doesn't work with Y config.
>>
i usually play ps1 games either on my ps2 or my psp.
>>
>>3104134
This OP, get a PSP, watch some tutorials, and you will be able to play any PS1 game.
>>
PS3, PS2 and PSP are the best 'no fuss' options.

when it comes to emulators ePSXe is severely outdated and needs a complete overhaul. 'updates' are often rebrands. it works, but at that point you might as well use PCSX-R. it's miles better, even on Windows.

Mednafen is accurate but you probably don't care for that and it takes some effort to setup.

>scanlines

what you're looking for is Retroarch. it uses Mednafen, except all you need to do is dump the BIOSes inside a folder and set the paths up. you'll have access to all the filters and shaders you could possibly want.
>>
>>3102684
Mednafen or bust.
>>
>>3104142
compatibility is great too, i've tried some really obscure shit (mizzurna falls) with no issues.
>>
>>3104287
now try MegaMan Legends 2.

luckily it's finally coming out on PSN.
>>
>>3102684

PSX 1.13 is the best emulator that just works on basically everything
>>
>>3102684
I'm assuming "no fuss" means "I'm a lazy retard and any amount of work will set off my autistic rage and cause me to make a thread here about how everyone lied to me."

That being the case, yes. epsxe is for you.
>>
>>3104309
Nope.
>>
>>3104321
Not really. Setting up ePSXe for the first time used to involve learning about plugins and picking the best combinations for the games you'd want to play.

Are the defaults good enough now to make that process completely unnecessary?
>>
>>3104328
If that's your problem, you want mednafen through RA. Why through RA? Because medanfen doesn't have a UI on it's own and through RA you can scale the internal resolution up to 2x without any issues (you can scale it higher but the performance hit gets massive after 2x), something standalone mednafen can't do.

All you need is the right bios files and to direct RA to where those files are. You can find everything you need through the emulation wiki in the emugen general on /vg/.

No plugins. Games will work right away forever once you set it up the first time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.