[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't this count as a sonic game? Because of the way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (157KB, 640x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 640x1080px
Why doesn't this count as a sonic game? Because of the way it was presented? I'm trying to understand because every article says
Saturn failed no sonic
Saturn failed no sonic
please explain thx

Ps I own the game and can't stand it ten minutes before I turn it off.
>>
>>3100979
This game was on genesis, and its almost the same. When it came out nobody gave a fucking shit. The gameplay has backtracking. Its a little bit more fun than a Sonic 3 special level.
>>
It doesn't count as a Saturn sonic game because it was on Genesis too
>>
You're taking the "saturn no sonic" thing a little too literally; Sonic R is most certainly a sonic game.

It's referring to a step forward in the series' canon, which never happened.
>>
>>3100979
When people say "no Sonic games on the Saturn" they really mean no new mainline games.
>>
>>3100979
The just took basic isometric platforming mechanics and slapped the Sonic Franchise on it. Sega Sonic was more fun than this shit.
>>
>>3101165
I would have loved to see a port or sequel to sega sonic arcade on the saturn. They could have ditched the trackball controls easy enough. They also should have ported sonic fighters but it would have needed a downgrade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzsdBMg8eOA
>>
>>3100979
>because every article says

Think for yourself.
>>
>>3100979
Because it was an updated port of the Genesis version.
>>
File: sonic_jam_sonic_world_pic_1.jpg (96KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sonic_jam_sonic_world_pic_1.jpg
96KB, 320x240px
3D Blast was a Genesis port, and Sonic R was a racing game developed by an american developer outside from Sega, and it was also released on PC where most people played it.

The closest thing to a true Saturn Sonic game we got was Sonic World on Sonic Jam.
>>
>>3100979
Saturn failed for other reasons to like shit marketing in the west, the majority of the system's library never leaving Japan, fatal wounds still left over from the Sega CD and 32X and failing to keep up with Sony and Nintendo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.