[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Might & Magic 6 versus 7? Which is better? And why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: MM7_Morcarack.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MM7_Morcarack.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
Might & Magic 6 versus 7?

Which is better?

And why does part 7 actually have worse graphics? All the sprites/models look blurry and shit, while in part 6 they looked sharp and crisp.
>>
Choose "Software 3D" in options if your graphics are blurry.
>>
>>3100612
reused assets from homm3.
and no i don't think they "look blurry and shit" compared to mm6.
and do >>3100907 if you want different tier monsters to have actual colors instead of being tinted.
>>
both are great but 6 is way better.

bigger world, more secrets, way less linear, better inventory management (everyone can master id item and repair) and some of the best dungeon design ever.

7 has muh homm3 lore. its a great game in its own right but so many classes are gimped due to the addition of GM skills. very rushed endgame as well
>>
File: Untitled.png (355KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
355KB, 640x480px
>>3100921
>and no i don't think they "look blurry and shit" compared to mm6.
With hardware 3d on, it actually does look blurry.

Now how to fix the walksounds being erratic as fuck...
>>
I like 7 more, 6 is too much focused on combat when it really isn't that good anyway.
>>
I always liked 6 more.
>>
6>8>7
I kinda disliked the whole good/evil thing in 7 but its better balanced than difficult 6 and uber easy 8
>>
The world map in 7 is more confusing, but the dungeons are easier to navigate.
The magic system in 7 is more balanced, but the skill system is worse.
The Arcomage game is fun enough, but having no in-game way of seeing what taverns you've won at sucks.
The armors looks cooler, but all weapons save for top-tiers look like shit.
It's cool to be able to walk around in buildings and castles, but accidentally triggering all guards to go hostile with no way of just surrendering or apologizing is bad.
>>
>>3101840
>but the skill system is worse.

How is it worse? The classes are more unique in 7, and there's at least 1 thing that each class can do that others can't. Sure, they're not balanced but still add flavor.
>>
6 is superior in every way

bigger better dungeons
bigger world
more secrets
goofy but charming graphics that grow on you and doesn't take itself seriously
better combat because more monster hordes
better music
just plain more fun

7 is just plain ugly
tiny dungeons
smaller world
very few monster hordes
bland brown world
restrictive classes make for restrictive gameplay
goofy 3d poser graphics that are just plain ugly and detract from the atmosphere

my biggest issue with 7 is that the dungeons are tiny and enemies are sparse so the combat is just boring and lacking
>>
6 actually has a story and a real objective. You know what you're working toward from the start.

7 makes you go halfway through the game to even get to the ultimate story, then you find out that it's actually stupid and you've wasted your time on some bullshit nostalgia for MM3 that feels like it was shoehorned in at the last minute. The good/evil thing is just a stupid trick to get you to play a mediocre game more than once.
>>
7 is better.

6 is so tedius. lifeless
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.