[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss retro prices. It's obvious how the value

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1443131026665.png (51KB, 200x221px) Image search: [Google]
1443131026665.png
51KB, 200x221px
Let's discuss retro prices.

It's obvious how the value continues to increase. Is this a bubble that will one day pop? Or will prices just continue to increase from here on out so we should just buy them at current prices? I'm not interested in WHY the prices increase, the answers are obvious.
>>
So it begins.
>>
>>3099348
>Is this a bubble that will one day pop?
No. There is no counter to games staying out of circulation aside from office drops, but the resellers are too greedy and stupid to drop them on their own. Current distribution of ownership and reseller behavior pretty much guarantee that ridiculous prices will only "improve" once inflation catches up (probably never for certain titles). If resellers weren't blithering morons, they'd price items to move so they can flip them quickly, reinvest the profit and make more money over time, but most of them are mentally incapable of understanding this practice.
>>
Prices won't fall until people who have nostalgia for the games start to die off and not even then if video games successfully make the transition to pop-art the way comics have - which is almost a sure thing to happen.
>>
>>3099348
The bubble has already popped.
The hipster subculture is now expired.
The "le retro" fad people are leaving to hop onto the next bandwagon.
The generation coming of age today grew up on the Wii.
They consider 4th and 5th gen gaming to be unplayable dogshit much like some of use here feel about 2nd gen gaming.

Only serious enthusiasts care about old games now.
The prices have plateaued and are going to drop slowly.
I sell off my unwanted gaming stuff at a low price that is bought in a week but not so low that resellers will pounce on it and flip it for more than a few bucks profit.

Do not pay large money for old games and do not sell them for large money. This is what people in Japan have always done and their retro stuff was always cheap.
>>
>>3099860
>The generation coming of age today grew up on the Wii.
>They consider 4th and 5th gen gaming to be unplayable dogshit much like some of use here feel about 2nd gen gaming.
That's a blatant lie. Have you seen how popular VC releases are on the Wii/Wii U?
>>
I think a lot of the "boom" is due to shit like GameGrumps and those clickbait "Old Nintendo videogame sells for over $35,000! Which of YOUR old games is worth a fortune?" articles. The former attracted the young fad-friends, the latter attracted the resellers who insist on top dollar+ and investors who think they're going to make it big by buying already inflated games like Little Samson and throwing everything into a VGA tomb.
>>
>>3099946
>Have you seen how popular meme games are on the Wii/Wii U?
Fixed for accuracy. Those are eaten up by the underages and youtubers. Their time will pass as well.
>>
>>3099969
I think AVGN is directly responsible partially, at least on an individual level. Look at pricechart and see the history of certain games and when they're featured on his show. They skyrocket afterwards.
>>
>>3100174
AVGN is an empty shell of what he once was.
His show has been over for a long time.
No other retro youtube personalities have anywhere near the viewerbase and cultural force he once did.
Youth today learn gaming from PewDiePie and AngryJoe who only feature modern meme games.
>>
>>3100234
I'm not arguing about the quality, I was just pointing out how his show still gives games price hikes.
>>
>>3100234
Love Pewds
>>
Why haven't Gameboy games skyrocketed?
>>
>>3102168
Inferior ports that nobody cares about.
>>
>>3102168
amazing tater

>>3099946
dunno games are going up, I have a short stack of ps2 games valued at around $500 and Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii is up to near $100 cib. Who knew being a massive faggot was a sound financial decision.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.