[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok D2 experts and melancholics. How about a challenge? >s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: challenge.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
challenge.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Ok D2 experts and melancholics.
How about a challenge?
>start a new hardcore game with an 'original' character
> poison dagger necro, barbarian double thrower, holy shock paladin (i.e. with Holy Thunder runeword), fire claw-bear/fire caster druid, hybrid bow/javelin zon, hybrid assassin, etc
>iron man mode: no game restart, can only go to town once act boss is killed, no tps or waypoints, no backtrack
>upload your game to youtube
>yeahhhhh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhjdj1EVCbU&list=PLDED0A158DCFDC4D7
>I'm not that guy btw
>>
>>3093754
Blizzard locked my account and didn't let me back in and permabanned me when I chargebacked on my CC in retaliation. Sorry.
>>
> can only go to town once act boss is killed
>no backtrack
how do you even complete act 2?
>>
I was wondering if there is an ironman mod around...

>>3093791
single player?

>>3093803
you can go to town after getting the amulet of viper
>>
>>3093814
This was a long time ago and I can't be bothered pirating or cracking it.
>>
>>3093825
I understand. I cannot be bother to do it myself actually but I found a therapeutic method to combat my game nostalgia: watch people playing on youtube. Somehow I feel much better after watching the games from my infancy played again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=belNa1OYuFo
>>
>>3093791
ty based blizzard
>>
I've done this several times before, including with three of the builds in the OP (Hybrid java/zon are both quite viable, and poison dagger necro is quite possible especially with CE).

However, in my experience, iron man is more annoying than it is challenging. The two things you feel the most from iron man are:
- A woefully inadequate supply of mana potions, a problem which is essentially never corrected since it'll be a long time before you can make insight and most classes don't ever really gain enough natural mana regeneration to cover their costs.
- A similarly inadequate supply of identify scrolls. It's not really all that fun to not know what your shit does.

People focus on not repairing as a thing that adds to the challenge but the fact is that your gear will be such garbage anyway that you won't miss it when it breaks. You also can't escape fights by TPing, but you can escape them by other means and the difference is trivial if you're a seasoned hardcore player.

There are far more challenging -- and less annoying -- ways to play this game than iron man.
>>
>>3093754
Delete this fucking thread.
>>
>>3093754
>>start a new hardcore game with an 'original' character
I'm trying an assassin with only claw mastery, weapon block, and that fire-throwing skill i don't remember the name of. But it's not hardcore.

I like trying out builds with low mana-usage but I never get far with them. Farthest I went was a level 24 Item-Find Barbie. It's got nothing but inane skills, find potion and find item.
>>
>>3093754
Any problems getting it to run on a modern system or will I need a VM?
>>
>>3096638
AFAIK only Win 7 or Win Vista has problems with the colors when you run it with DirectDraw, BUT using Direct3D might cause slowdowns. Best solution for Win7/Vista is to use a Glide3D Wrapper/OpenGL.
>>
>>3096269
good effort.
I'm trying to look for an iron man mod, where you have to replace most of your equipment all the time, only regenerate mana with wells, shrines and potions you find, etc. I might actually make the mod myself...
>>
>>3096269
start a hardcore one and record your game!
>>
I'll leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGUEq0-Op-s
>>
>>3096757
Diablo 2 was patched a few weeks ago - yes, really - and this patch corrects color problems.

Also, use a glide wrapper, not D3D.
>>
>>3098413
If you use the glide wrapper with the new shitty patch, you have to deal with the lack of a mouse cursor in menus. Even if you turn on Windows' "press ctrl to ping your cursor", it's still annoying as fuck.

Not only that but the patch straight up broke hirelings to the point where they get disbanded as a free walking NPC that's highlightable with a name tag. They have no portrait and you can't equip them. How did Blizzard fuck up THIS BADLY?
>>
>>3098572
Okay.That's a shitty patch. Fuck blizzards for still charging shekels for it.

>>3097268
I have a toaster laptop that can't record videos without hanging the machine. And I seriously suck at hardcore. Only even survived till level 14 with a Necro summoner build.
>>
Still waiting for that new "hd" patch. WHEN!?
>>
>>3099276
Not while it's closed sauce, and Blizzard wants to sell you D3 with FREE DRM.
>>
>>3098796
>>3099276
>>3099759
Blizzard doesn't care about making a good perfectly balanced game anymore (like SC). Its all about money now.
There are many official mods that could be released with the same diablo2 game engine. I imagine a type of randomly generated 'endless' tower, or something like 100levels underground, no tps, no waypoints, etc. Maybe rescue some NPCs on the way. That would be really cool.
I somehow still believe in Blizzard...
>>
>>3093754
I love Diablo 2 so fucking much. I want to do this. I'd do it ways a psn dagger necro and I bet I could floor the whole game but I don't have a working PC atm. Sorry to shitpost on your thread. It helps to vent. I just want to play so bad. Damnit.
>>
>>3099982
Balance is debatable. Name me one class in D2 that you feel can't be beat.
>>
>>3098572
>http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742804492?page=1

Ah. The shit forces Direct3D with all its lagging glory. And basically cockblocks all mods and hacks including the Glide wrapper. Blizzard does it again. Fuck those jewlords.

Stay with patch 1.13 !
>>
>>3100215
>Posting from cellphone.
Get out , kid. >>>/g/
>>
>>3100994
>http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742884167?page=3

The shitstorm on battle.net's jew forums is glorious.
>>
>>3100994
You can still play 1.14 with 3DFX / glide wrapper. You just get these two problems >>3098572
>>
>>3100215
I know exactly that feeling anon... That's why I started this thread, literally to watch someone else having fun
>>
>>3101291
Muh intergrated graphics doesn't support openGL well, not the wrapper anyway.

And playing with broken hirelings is shit unless you play with no expansion/LoD, in which case the hirelings were shit anyway.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.