[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have a Famicom to NES converter? I recently bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: s-l1600.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Anyone here have a Famicom to NES converter? I recently bought a copy of Famicom Wars and I have no idea what converter I should be getting..
>>
Yes. I gutted it from a Gyromite cart.
>>
File: hes-unidaptor[1].jpg (17KB, 420x123px) Image search: [Google]
hes-unidaptor[1].jpg
17KB, 420x123px
Good luck finding a real Nintendo brand 60-to-72 pin adapter out of a 5 screw cart in the wild I must have looked at a thousand 5 screw carts before I specifically ordered one and paid like $12. Came with its Japanese Gyromite PCB but no shell for some reason even though that's the cheapest part.

Don't worry too much about the adapter though. OP even if you get unlucky and buy one that lacks a security chip you can just snip one thick leg on your 10NES in your console so just get whatever pops up at the price you want to pay.
>>
>>3090116
60 to 72 pins, you can get them on AliExpress.
>>
>>3090227
To follow up, an actual Famicom is like $30.
>>
>>3090227
These will be the ones without security chips that will require a (simple) mod on a front loading NES.
>>
>>3090215
THAT FUCKING SHIT WAS REAL!?
>>
>>3090231
If I just bought a Famicom, what do you reccomend for an... AC adapter I guess... I'm in the US.
>>
>>3090282
Model ONE Genesis adapter will work if you have one hanging around. If you go to Amazon you can find ones that will work as well, just search specifically for Famicom adapters. It's all cheap chinese crap but you don't have a lot of options in the US in 2016. That said, go to famicomworld and there's like a comprehensive list in the forum for PSU specs and shit. A mult-voltage adapter can work too. The main thing is the polarity, and to NEVER use an NES PSU, it will instantly blow up your Fami.
>>
File: unidaptorwithcarts[1].jpg (57KB, 280x149px) Image search: [Google]
unidaptorwithcarts[1].jpg
57KB, 280x149px
>>3090267
Everything in my post was real. Are you specifically referring to the HES Unidaptor? It's the best.
>>
>>3090215
I think I've found about 4 Gyromite with the adapter since I learned about them, you must have bad luck or lots of competition.
>>
>>3090231
>$30
About right. $30-$50. Cool to see someone else from HK here. For those who aren't HK$30 is about US$4.
>>
>>3090227
Aliexpress is a marvel isn't it? It's a fucking goldmine.
>>
>>3090231
>>3090282
Be careful Anon. The Famicoms that AliExpress sells are all PAL, not NTSC. So, they won't work on American TVs. Because, China/HK are PAL territories.
>>
>>3092445
Most new hdtvs will display both pal and ntsc and so will retro pro video monitors. It's mainly only the middle of the road hangers who are rocking goodwill crts that need to worry about that.
>>
>>3092445
Oh, crap. Good to know Anon. Thanks!
>>
>>3092515
Ignore the fool. Most famicoms here are NTSC. If you do find a famicom on aliexpress you can always ask the buyer. If you're lucky you might get one of the uncommon NTSC famicoms with the official PAL module.
>>
>>3092445
I was talking about getting an adapter on AliExpress, and importing a Fami for $30USD, desu senpai. But, the clones on AliExpress aren't a bad deal either, and as a Famicom collector I have no problems with most clones. They are cheap and reliable for the most part.
>>
>>3093910
>frog filters activated
No wonder you can't speak human.
So those adapters on aliexpress are PAL? kek
>>
>>3094249

> Implying there's actually PAL specific Famicom-NES adapters
> Not understanding how pin converters work

top kek anon, I had no idea that Famicom cartridge adapters proved so complicated for some people.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.