[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best version of first 3 resident evil games? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: hyper mode resident evil screen.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hyper mode resident evil screen.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
What are the best version of first 3 resident evil games?

I assume PC versions will be hard to run on modern systems, so which console version should I pick?
>>
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3.
>>
>>3088918
ps1
>>
Sega Cassette system is my #1 choice.
>>
RE1 has no definite version. They all have pros and cons. I personally have a hard on for the Saturn version but to each his own. Any version is fine.

RE2 and 3, best versions are PC and Dreamcast although it seems Dreamcast is somewhat censored; but the GC version is great too although lacking the extra content.
>>
File: S1pcart.jpg (6KB, 340x234px) Image search: [Google]
S1pcart.jpg
6KB, 340x234px
>>3088943
>>3088943
>your
>retarted
>>
Oh man. Dude. Dude, bro, dude. You haven't experienced RE2 until you've played the Game.com version.
>>
>>3089020
This. Best port ever.
>>
File: Nick-young-confused-face.jpg (40KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
Nick-young-confused-face.jpg
40KB, 505x431px
>>3088943
>>3089018
>@3088927
>>
GC, GC, GC
>>
>>3089020
Don't. Please don't. It is the worse gaming experience I've ever had; although it is due as much to the console itself as the game... I have the original game.com, not the 2Nd release, so no backlit screen, and it was impossible to see anything.

There is a "developer emulator" out there if you look hard enough, which comes with every game ever released on the "console", but trust me it is not worth the trouble even though it is far from being as painful on emulator as it is on real hardware.
>>
File: jill_and_nemmy.jpg (247KB, 1600x947px) Image search: [Google]
jill_and_nemmy.jpg
247KB, 1600x947px
>>3088989
I just recently heard about re1 on saturn, are there any differences from ps1?

I heard re3 on the cube has higher res on the pre-renderd surroundings, true? I fucking love nemesis, so considering getting GC.
>>
>>3089460
RE1 on Saturn has better looking backgrounds, but the 3D models look more blocky.

One of the enemies gets a different look at one point in the game (but otherwise it remains the same).
There is also a boss you fight a 2nd time, with other skin as well.

There are 2 new alternate costumes you can unlock, which imo are the best looking ones.

It has an exclusive Battle Mode when beating the game, which is tough but tons of fun, and which started the whole trend of Battle Modes in the series; and in it there is a Wesker zombie

There are also many more minor details which differ, for instance loading times are - slightly - longer.
>>
>>3089472
The Saturn uses the VDP2 to render the backgrounds while leaving the VDP1 to render almost everything else. VDP1 can't hold a candle against the PS1.
>>
>>3089472
One guy I watch on Twitch claims that the Saturn version of RE1 is the best version overall. Personally though, I consider Director's Cut to be the best version farting trumpet basement music notwithstanding
>>
>>3089661
Farting trumpet is Dual Shock, not Director's Cut.
>>
File: regbeta15.jpg (28KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
regbeta15.jpg
28KB, 320x288px
>>3088918
RE on GBC
>>
>>3089018
>>3089120

Woosh
>>
File: 3_big.gif (48KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
3_big.gif
48KB, 384x288px
>>3089696
Damn I wanted that so bad. It was so close to being released and then poof we got REgaiden instead which wasn't TOO bad still wasn't quite the same. I ended up settling for Alone in the dark for GBC which was quite a noble attempt at survival horror the combat was %1000 worse than the REgaiden.
>>
>>3093051
you can download the GBC Rom of Resident Evil. Its complete as far as I know.
>>
>>3093062
I heard it was far from complete! will have to check it out
>>
>>3093069
It's not complete but there is a lot. Someguy made a patch so that you can play through all the content.

Speaking of Gaiden and this, it reminds me of the fan game someone made for NES a long time ago. It's a remake of RE1 using's Gaiden's system, problem is it'd constantly crash and freeze on me.
>>
>>3089460
Yes, RE3 on GC has hires background, though some are mixed with lores. And you can play them on Ishiiruka with these graphics -> https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version?pid=403870#pid403870
>>
File: RE3sourcenextpng.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RE3sourcenextpng.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>3093238
Backgrounds look just like the PC versions.
>>
>>3088918
the gamecube versions, and you're wrong about the pc modern system, it runs just fine, especially if you get the japanese sourcenext versions of 2 and 3, which you can patch to eng
>>
>>3093248
So, the PC version has mixed lo and hires graphics too. You can easily spot the lores parts on your screen. I haven't seen the DC version to say about it.
>>
>>3088918
Doomero's RE2 Remake on Doom engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF9OsHFzvFQ
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.