[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The jumping in this game is fucked. I played for about 40 minutes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gfs_44401_2_8[1].jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_44401_2_8[1].jpg
59KB, 640x480px
The jumping in this game is fucked.

I played for about 40 minutes and every single death was from not pulling off a double jump. This stage in particular with the waterfalls, but also on the alleys after it. I don't think I have ever seen a jumping mechanic that needed to be timed so precisely. Even fighting games don't require such frame perfect accuracy. I can beat Shinobi 3 with no problem but this is kicking my ass for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>3083930
Use fuushin, nigger.
>>
>>3083930
git gud

It's second nature after a while

or PROTIP: use that jumping magic, it makes you jump high for the rest of the level
>>
>999 shurikens
>can't pass stage 2
lol what a casual little shit
>>
>>3083930
>"Double jumps require skill and timing. How gay!"

Git Gud Bitch.
>>
Speedkicks in Super Mario 64 are prame perfect, as are dustless dives, specific wallkick frames, optimal chain longjumps, and 1st frame single jumps out of rolls.
>>
>>3083951
frame*
>>
>I've never played Super Metroid

Seriously though just use jump magic.
>>
>>3083930
I beat revenge when I was like 9 and never had that much of a problem with jumping. You are literally more retarded than a 9 years old.
>>
>>3084054
>than a 9 years old.
English
>>
>>3084054
This

If you think that needs precision, then the last boss will flip your titties inside out
>>
>>3084067
>flip your titties inside out
I don't think that would work
>>
There is no variable to the double jumping mechanic in this game. you hold jump until you reach the highest point then press jump again.

Kids these days are so fucking bad at video games.
>>
>>3084067
Does that guy even have a real pattern because it seems like nonsense
>>
>>3084110
Don't really remember much, it's been a couple years since I lasted popped it in. I think I spammed lightning and rushed him.
>>
>>3084124
>>3084110
He doesn't have a pattern but he's slow. You have to read his movements but if you want the good ending you have to keep throwing shuriken into the little slots to keep the ceiling from crushing the girl at the same time.
>>
>>3084110
>>3084189
He does have a pattern, but you're better off saving up 2 ninjutsus and using the lightning shield on him. Make sure you go in the fight with a POW. put up a shield as soon as the fight starts, and lay waste. Then as soon as your shield gets knocked off , put up another one. Then the boss should go down in a few more hits. The last boss is really more about preparation than about the actual combat. It helps A LOT to know the last level very well because there is a POW and a free ninjutsu right before you fight him, hidden though.

If you don't have a POW nor an extra ninjutsu then yeah, he'll be a bitch to kill. However, if you have several lives remaining then you can use the suicide ninjutsu every time you're near death. Way better than starting over against him when you don't have a POW.
>>
>>3084202
I think he always throws his hair in the same sequence but there's no rhyme or reason to it so it's hard to remember. I always cheesed him in pretty much the way you described.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.