[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like Super Mario World was a little too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Does anyone else feel like Super Mario World was a little too generous with 1-ups?
>>
>>3081717
The problem started with SMB3.
>>
>>3081717
Well, it's one of those Mario games where getting a game over can actually undo some of your progress - unless you obsessively rerun ghost houses to save every time you pass a level.

Generally speaking the difficulty of SMW is largely quite low, save for the extra stages. A skilled enough player will probably be able to beat the regular game without needing to pick up any free 1up shrooms and just getting by with 100 coin freebies, so perhaps the fact that they're there at all is being overly generous. But kids love their Mario, and the bar is clearly set to their level - the extra stages in Mario games tend to be geared to skilled (read older) players.
>>
>>3081717
They were playing with things, trying to find a balance between bullshit and fun.
My favorite place to grab a bunch of lives was on top of Vanilla Dome, there was a level where you got a grey p-switch that turned all these koopas into sliver coins. You could get like 60 lives in a couple minutes.
>>
>>3081858
This.
/thread
>>
>>3081717
World in general is just to easy, in my opinion I prefer how smooth it feels to 3 but 3 has much better difficulty and more variety in my opinion.
>>
>>3081717
Lives and "game overs" have been redundant in Mario for a long time, I'm not sure why they even bother to keep the mechanic around.
>>
>>3082023
Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 were more fun for player created challenges like speedrunning and various "parkour" tasks because of their mechanical depth and freedom.

Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 were mechanically simpler and more geared toward retarded gamers who have aneurysms if they aren't told exactly what to do at all times.
>>
>>3081717
Mario world is probably one of the easiest in the series besides 2 still a fun game though and that's what they were going for not too difficult so anyone can pick up and play
>>
>>3081717

I dont think so. The first time I played I don't recall getting many 1ups.
>>
>>3081717

fuck that. The thing was that mario had a dinosaur mount. And you could explore the world with it. And it was awesome.
>>
>>3081717
>Does anyone else feel like

No, just you. You are uniquely perceptive.

People need to stop prefacing observations with this. It's never the case.
>>
>>3082564
It's a rhetorical question autismo
>>
>>3082023
In my opinion, your opinion is an opinionated opinion, in my opinion.
>>
>>3082023
It's obvious that your opinion is your opinion, you don't need to say it out loud.
>>
There's romhacks, or you could make your own. Smbw is easy, that's whatnmakes it a great two player. Even my non gaming friends can't resist picking up a remote when someone is playing world.
>>
Yeah, but it's not like it would be really necessary as the game is pretty easy. I really wish to see a hack with only 3 lives, 0 powerups and Yoshis to all levels (except the baloon for Tubular), game would get way more enjoyable like that
>>
>>3081869
My fave spot was forest of illusion 2, there's a spot there with a glass block right after the halfway point, and if you get a star then there's an easy path of enemies to clear. You can get a good 22 lives every time, max out the counter in 5 minutes.
>>
>>3082604
>>3083436
Autism
>>
>>3082581
Your rhetoric sucks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.