[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello gents, what is the best -->arcade game focused<--

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: handmade-arcade-system-640x533.jpg (73KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
handmade-arcade-system-640x533.jpg
73KB, 640x533px
Hello gents, what is the best -->arcade game focused<-- portable emulator machine out there?

Bear in mind I'm going to want them stgs and such, and some of them might be modern.

I want something out of the ordinary, if I have to save for lots of time, I will.

Pic kinda related, I guess.
>>
I don't normally shitpost on this board but that is the most fedora-core gizmo I've ever fucking seen.
I can almost literally feel a neckbeard growing out of me just looking at the thumbnail.
>>
>>3080303
Honestly, a decent tablet with a bluetooth/usb controller. Nothing else will run SNES games or Mame satisfactorily if you're looking for arcade action.
>>
>>3080307
I like the way that thing looks, the only problem is the joystick would have to be unscrewed or something in order to close it which is shit functionality.

I'm one of the filthy people everyone hates who has always liked steampunk though. Not OP btw.
>>
>>3080312

OP here, it's qt.

>>3080308

Yeah, I guess it's a good idea, gonna look for something usb because I have a history with wireless things...
>>
>>3080307
Perfect for shmups then
>>
OP's image is a device made by a Swedish dude called Love Hulten. His works look amazing but the jew charges insane amounts of that shit. iirc the OP pic machine is like 2500 USD or something
he recently sold a wooden Mac to A$AP ROCKY for 25 000 dollarydoos
>>
>>3080303
>I'm going to want them stgs and such, and some of them might be modern
>>>/v/

Also
>arcade focused
>fixed horizontally oriented screen
>>
>>3080339
That's a lotta cash. I mean, I get that it probably takes a good bit of time to make something like that, and high quality wood is not cheap, but geez.

Then again if you're a mac user you typically like paying extra for something that looks pretty, so he does know his target audience. It'll suck when that thing dies, though.
>>
>>3080343
>fixed horizontally oriented screen

That's part of why I recommended a tablet.
>>
>>3080312
Actually that stick can be detached, it also works as the briefcase's lock.
>>
File: iCade.jpg (929KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
iCade.jpg
929KB, 1836x3264px
Even though I'm aggressively arguing against panel displays in the other thread on mame cabinets I'll post this little part of my collection in this thread just so I don't feel like I'm being a snobby elitist. My total investment: <$30 although a normal person could buy something similar for <$100 especially if they went with an off-brand tablet. Software config and getting the right romset is a little tricky but I can post a link to my correct romset for the BLUE version of Mame4all on the Play store.
>>
>>3080303
>six buttons

I wouldn't have gone that way. Who's going to want to play street fighter on this? Not me.

I would have gone with three buttons. The vast majority of games you'd want to play with this device will run on three buttons.
>>
File: 1444852369737.jpg (81KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1444852369737.jpg
81KB, 500x640px
>>3080915
...You could always just press less buttons for games that require you to... press less buttons.

A six-button layout means you can still play snes and PSX games on it if your hardware allows.
>>
>>3081158
...except for not having start and select buttons...
>>
>>3081191
There's 8 buttons in the photo. The top two could surely take the place of Start+Select
>>
>>3080502
Those things are pretty nifty. I think I mocked it the first time I found out it existed but now I want one on the dl.
>>
>>3080303
>>3080303
>folding lid
>no relief for stick

someone here failed mechanical engineering.
>>
>>3081481

People are dumbasses.

There are plenty of reasons for more than 4 buttons.

Most likely one is wired for Coin insert and Player 1 Start, which are "required" for games, these are most likely the top 2.

Then depending on the game you're looking at between 1-6 buttons.

Standard jamma boards were 2.
Neo-Geo was 4
Fighting games were up to 6.

So yeah, it makes sense to have 8 buttons because it gives you the widest range of games.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.