[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to enjoy VP on an emulator? I keep feeling tempted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: valkyrieprofile_PS1Box.jpg (70KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
valkyrieprofile_PS1Box.jpg
70KB, 500x491px
Is it possible to enjoy VP on an emulator? I keep feeling tempted to pay the Jew for a physical copy.
>>
>>3076926
Yes.
>>
>>3076926
>not finding a copy at a yard sale for 4.99

top kek.
>>
No, this game is unenjoyable on emulators.
>>
>>3079697
This.

I've tried various emulators, or at least the ones that matter, and none have been able to flawlessly emulate this game. It will always crash the emulator at some point.
>>
>>3079697
>No, this game is unenjoyable on emulators.
is the psp version playable?
>>
Careful, a lot of the disc versions have a weird audio issue during the voiced cutscenes.
>>
>>3079946
It's still playable, it just encounters some sort of data leak or random desync where the voice clip timing is tied into the progression of the scene's animation, causing it to hang, so you have to make sure to use emulated card saves occasionally instead of save states all the time, and pop a save state right before any spoken dialogue scene just in case it breaks synchronization.
>>
>>3082906
Yes, but it's also unenjoyable. Just avoid the game entirely and skip to the second one.
>>
>>3082928
the second one is terrible don't even bother just play covenant of the plume
>>
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-Valkyrie-Profile-Lenneth/dp/B000P1SAQ0

Literally £3.30
>>
>>3082934
>/vr/
>a game is on PS2
>"hurrrrrrr it's terrible"
>>
>>3082942
Silmeria isn't a fun game bro. Just a slog from start to finish.
>>
>>3082935
>Literally £3.30

As opposed to "Figuratively 3.30"?
>>
>>3082942
>terrible game
>hurrrr, it's not terrible because it's on ps2
>>
I finished it on an emulator with no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>3079696
>finding a copy at all

it's not exactly an easy find. i've only run into 3 copies in the last 11 years and 2 of those were rental store copies.
>>
>>3082934
fuck you, its an OK game.
it ain't gonna win any awards, but neither will VP1. i enjoyed both, both are really 7/10s at the end of the day in the grand RPG scheme
>>
>>3082935
>PSP
You must be 18 OR OLDER TO POST ON 4CHAN
>>
>>3084430
VP1 did win awards
>>
why does it have to be one or the other

modchip a ps1
>>
>>3084756
This tbqh. Just burn it to a blank disc.
>>
>>3076926
burn a disc?
>>
>>3084771
>>3084783
>Implying I know how to do this
>>
>>3084995
underage b&
>>
>>3076926
Just buy a ps/io and be done with emulators. PSX falls under a peculiar time frame where when games are ran with an emulator that can filter and upscale the image, they end up looking shit, likewise, if you run them at their native resolution, they're going to look shit on a modern pc monitor.

Only solution is to play on a real playstation or, an emulation device with a comparable display resolution.
>>
>>3085006
it looks perfectly fine if you scale it up to the next correct ratio, just like every emulated game, the only actual problem is latency and black levels. there is no point in my life at which I didn't see the pixels or didn't want to.
>>
>>3079697
>>3079946
>>3082927
I've been playing this recently on retroarch's mednafen core. I've had none of these problems. I've played up to the final chapter without issues.

Should be noted I did have one crash, but it happened when I had alt-tabbed out and forgot it was still running, then put my computer in sleep mode.

>>3076926
As much as it's possible to enjoy VP, yes.
>>
Does it still have issues on epsxe? Heard it froze a lot and was pretty much unplayable.
>>
lads

how do i GIT GUD at this game? i'm just starting out and i can't seem to get those magic gems.
>>
>>3086051
the gems that give you bonus EXP?

they're a bit tricky. switch up a) the order in which you have your characters attack and b) the order in which individual characters perform certain moves. and try to equip weapons that allow your people to perform 3 hits per round.
>>
>>3084430
VP2 is "OK" as you said, but no reason to downplay VP1
>>
>>3086107
gems popping out is still random even if you juggle correctly.
>>
>>3086051
>>3086173
Don't worry too much about gems. You can get much better gains using that equip that gives bonus CP on level up. Pass it around always to the next character levelling up, and use the exp orb to make sure nobody levels up simultaneously. Your party will be buff in no time.
>>
>>3076926
>Jew for a physical copy

Who are you being a good goy for when you buy old, used gamers?
>>
>>3086205
Probably other collectors or reseller scum. Maybe some of them are Jewish ?
>>
>>3086221

Considering some of the prices I've seen for PS2 games on Amazon, you're probably right.
>>
>>3086204
>bonus CP
>not bonus hp even though CP will max out and buy all skills even without assistance

anon are you serious CP bonus is for the dudes you send to asgard
>>
>>3076926
Buy a PSP, jailbreak it, put the eboot in it. Problem solved, it isn't emulation.
>>
>>3082906
It's the easiest to emulate. I didn't even know about the convenient menu changes in the English PSX version (that aren't in the PSP version) but I'm sure you'll note the lack of them the way I did. Still, it's nothing major.

VP isn't for everybody but it quickly became one of my favorite games. I replayed it on hard as soon as I beat it on normal for the true ending. Granted, I didn't know that you should play on hard but I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time around.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.