[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any experience with turbografx hucards not working?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bonk3.jpg (217KB, 900x1110px) Image search: [Google]
bonk3.jpg
217KB, 900x1110px
Does anyone have any experience with turbografx hucards not working? I want to know if they can be fixed, and how difficult it might be to fix them.
>>
>>3076659
Did you try cleaning the contacts? Use a high percentage isopropyl alcohol on a qtip. If that doesn't work, try rubbing the contacts with a pencil eraser.
>>
>>3076659
Yes. I assume tiny traces inside get fucked up. Never bothered trying to look inside to fix it. It's one of the easiest systems to make repros for.
>>
>>3076738
i'm atually looking at buying this game, but the ad states several times the card does not work. I figure it's worth the risk for what he's asking.

>>3076773
But does that translate to an easy fix? I'm not great with a soldering iron, but I should be able to manage to a certain point if it's more than just cleaning the card's contacts.
>>
When a terminal wears off, and it becomes thin, it can't be used.
>>
>>3076925
No the circuitry is encased in resin it's not serviceable
>>
>>3076925
Lol, I saw it too you guys. Non-working and already bid up to $50.
I was thinking if I could get it for less than 70 or so I could try to clean it and if that didn't work trade it in to a shit reseller that I hate since I know he won't be able to test on site unless miraculously he has a tg16 in stock that day.
Looks like that's not going to happen though.
>>
>>3076925
>easy fix
No. But not unfixable. It's just not worth the effort.

>>3077064
Resin, or whatever, can be removed. A connection can be fixed, even if you have to wire bond to the die.
There are many silly ways to save a few bucks by spending many.
>>
I bought a copy of cadash and it did not work
>>
>>3077526
I've only seen one picture on the internet of someone taking apart a hucard and it looks needlessly complicated. Any tips on how to do it?
>>
>>3079886
It would be useful to find out what's used to hold them together. It might weaken under heat or dissolve in something that doesn't affect the plastic. If not you might end up doing more damage opening the card than has already been done. Even if you get it open there's no guarantee that you'll have access to the problem. You may need to remove some epoxy covering the die at which point the repair is too complicated and requires special equipment and knowledge.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.