[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain what the appeal of this game is, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2370683-genesis_kidchameleon.jpg (3MB, 1534x2100px) Image search: [Google]
2370683-genesis_kidchameleon.jpg
3MB, 1534x2100px
Can someone explain what the appeal of this game is, I've always it was kind of shit.
>>
Well I've always you was kind of shit.
>>
>>3073503
I've always this reply was kind of shit.
>>
>>3073465
That fly head looks so fucking vulgar.
>>
>>3073465
Its like Mario, except cooler.
>>
>>3073465
There never was any appeal. It was a pile of shit that came and went upon release. You'll get a few hipster snowflakes that will praise it (much like the wretched Secret of Evermore on the SNES), but they are few and far between.
>>
>>3073742
Pretty much this. It's like Mario Bros. 3 but with multiple transformable power-ups per stage and more of them in general, no overworld to slow the pacing, and a catchy soundtrack.
>>
>>3073465
It has a ton of replayability. Each level usually has multiple paths and multiple endings with a ton of hidden blocks.

Each power up plays a little different from the others, changing how you approach a level.

And the difficulty curve is perfect. The beginning is simple and the late levels are legitimately challenging.
>>
Can somebody help me with the level select? I've tried the usual crouch-jump-jump-attack, but it's not working.
>>
>>3073465
why did this never get a sequel??
>>
>>3073742

And RADICAL!

Seriously though, it's nothing like Mario, but it's a nice little platformer.
>>
>>3074173
>I hate games, and if you don't hate them as well, you're a hipster
>>
>>3074194
Nope, see >>3074173
>>3075778
And you're a butthurt cunt.
>>
>>3073465
Mountain Area's music
>>
File: easy.png (20KB, 320x224px)
easy.png
20KB, 320x224px
>It's a wall of death stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNymxsYSsWI
>>
>>3075782

>nope it's shit

(You)
>>
>>3073465
Nigga, the fact that there's a fucking FLOWCHART of all 103 levels (seriously: http://kidchameleon.wikia.com/wiki/Map) tells me this game isn't fucking around.
>>
>>3074173

>hipsters

I'm sure lots of people like this game since the beggining (not me, as like OP I never got the appeal though). My best guess would be that, for the levels I've played, this game is the closest -at time- Genesis has with Mario. Despite the slippery psychics the challenge and powerups are better than the first SMB, but iirc the game don't have a proper ending, or have something like 100 levels which loop, correct me if I'm wrong, this is kinda lame for a game that isn't some arcade title based on score IMO.
>>
Cyclops power + Mario
>>
Most people bought it because they were pedophiles and it had a cute young boy on the cover. 'Nuff said.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.