[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Knuckles' campaign in S&K before or after Sonic's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: sk-stages-endingsimg13.png (7KB, 214x204px) Image search: [Google]
sk-stages-endingsimg13.png
7KB, 214x204px
Is Knuckles' campaign in S&K before or after Sonic's, chronologically?

Also Sonic general.

Sonic CD is the best one.
>>
After
>>
>>3070693
>Sonic CD is the best one.

It really is.
>>
>>3070693
I played it for the first time recently and enjoyed it. Its different from the genesis games, but its still pretty cool and a worthy addition to the series. I don't understand the people who sperg out about it being bad. How do you guys feel about 3D Blast by the way?
>>
>>3070701
I didn't play 3D blast till years later. didn't care for it.
>>
>>3070701
blast was good for its time but it aged like ass, also the story and gameplay was utter shit, my god that camera was horribad.
>>
>>3070693
It happens after Sonic's story. I have no idea why the instruction manual tries to say they take place at the same time.
>>
>>3070693
>Is Knuckles' campaign in S&K before or after Sonic's, chronologically?
After.

Death Egg is nowhere to be found in Launch Base or Hidden Palace, and isn't played through at all.

Sonic and Tails had only just arrived to the Floating Island for the first time in Sonic's story. Where as Knuckles' story clearly has it appear they've met before.

Knuckles is helping Robotnik in Sonic's Story up to Hidden Palace. Knuckles does no such thing in His story.
>>
Sonic CD always looked cool in magazines and was heralded by the few people I knew who had Mega-CDs, but I didn't get to play it properly until the PSN/XBLA release.
I thought it was a bag of shite, easily worse than 1-S&K on Mega Drive, and decided that those people who had praised it originally, were just suffering buyer's remorse.
>>
>>3070848
Honestly, I prefer the Advance series and Rush series over CD. CDs level design lacked flow.
>>
>>3070861
CD was meant to explore in a non-linear fashion, not keep the flow and momentum going forward. You have to play CD in a different mindset in order to fully enjoy it, unlike the other 2D Sonics.
>>
>>3070693
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_%26_Knuckles_chronology_and_endings
>>
>>3070693
But that's not 3D Blast, which actually is the best one.
How does that plane even land when it's wheels can't even touch the ground? The rocket booster is just barely larger than the wheels, and with the length of it, you can forget about the rear wheel too.
>>
>>3070878
Tails is a major genius with landing gear in the rocket
>>
>>3070865
>CD was meant to explore in a non-linear fashion, not keep the flow and momentum going forward.
>You have to play CD in a different mindset in order to fully enjoy it, unlike the other 2D Sonics.

But this is precisely why I don't like it.
>>
I thought they happened at the same time?

Unrelated but I've always wanted a remake of MMX where you get to do whatever the fuck it is Zero does throughout that game. He was obviously fighting different (probably stronger) mavericks.
>>
>>3070902
it's pretty fucking obvious that they didn't
>>
>>3070865
This might be the main reason I never got into it. Thanks anon. I'm going to replay it and slow down.
>>
>>3070883
That's perfectly fine, as long as you understand the difference.

>>3070861
I feel CD has flow, but not start to finish flow like Advance/Rush (except for Stardust Speedway Boss, in fact it's most proment in Stardust Speedway). It's usually in small increments, next to a warp post, because you know, you'll need it to warp. Except the warp system is so fickle you can lose all momentum by going up a slight incline.
>>
>>3070693
if someone missed
https://youtu.be/I_TNb2Ow2D4
>>
>>3070693

How can it be the best one when it doesn't even support lock-on technology?
>>
>>3071215
Doesn't the Sega CD locking on to the Genesis count?
>>
Nah guys, S3&K Is much better than CD
>>
>>3070701
3D Blast is vastly improved by the No Flickies hack.
>>
>>3072086
>worse music
>worse art direction
>worse level design (too many gimmicks)
>worse game design (shields and super sonic break S3&K)
>worse bonus stage (UFO > Blue Balls)
>no IL time-attack mode
>no figure-8 running animation

I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>3070693
Why is Knuckles humping the plane?
>>
>>3072107
>>worse music
>>worse art
>>WORSE LEVEL DESIGN
>>worse game design
>>UFO > BLUE SPHERES
wow
>>
>>3072107
>Arguable. It's still damn good.
>Sonic 3 style >>> Sonic 1 style
>I'd rather have gimmicks than haphazardly placed everythings
>>He hates shields and thinks super sonic is mandatory
>Bullshit. Mode 7 doesn't make it better.
>Okay?
>Because dashing off at high speeds without being in a ball is totally a good idea.

Nice try.
>>
>>3072107
Agreed. You also forgot that the sound effects in CD are better than 3K's. Gotta love that Sonic 1 jump sound.
>>
>>3072107
Obviously Sonic CD has better music you dipshit, it has much better instruments.
The level design in Sonic CD was pretty bad compared to S3&K, The visuals are obviously better in S3&K and the elemental shields are a great reward for exploring, that is why they are so game breaking, just like the emeralds, stop being retarded
>>
>>3072343
CD was about exploration, which influenced the aspects of it in 3&K, which also keep better "speed"/2 design aspects.
>>
>>
File: stardustspeedway.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stardustspeedway.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>all these Yuji Naka cocksuckers
We know Oshima is the true genius behind Sonic, as evidenced by Sonic CD being superiour.
>>
File: big_1423907977_image.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1423907977_image.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>3070865
I like the little differences of Sonic CD compared to the rest of the 2D Sonics of the time.

Like how the timer reads milliseconds or the figure 8 speed up. One of the things I like most is how when ending a level you don't have to slow down and carefully jump on top of a capsule after beating a level, they let you maintain momentum.

It also has the best depiction of Sonic, I mean just look at this smug motherfucker.
>>
>>3072562
I think 3k is the best but CD, 1 & 2 are god-tier as well
>>
>>3072562
I think S3&K is the best one, but damn, that sonic is by far the best design
>>
>>3072654
>S3&K is the best one
>one

it's 2 games nigga
>>
2>CD>3&K>1. My subjective opinion.
>>
>>3072749
too bad 2 is the worst one
>>
File: elsw-0185.jpg (75KB, 326x300px) Image search: [Google]
elsw-0185.jpg
75KB, 326x300px
>>3072754
hahahahahaha
>>
>>3070878
>How does that plane even land when it's wheels can't even touch the ground? The rocket booster is just barely larger than the wheels, and with the length of it, you can forget about the rear wheel too.

It's a video game.
>>
>>3070693
>campaign
Really gonna use that word for a 90's platformer? Ok, then.
Back in the day I always assumed both happened at the same time, with Knux getting a head start on Sonic but ultimately being left behind. I also thought that his villain was just Robotnik in a mask and that knux was just too stupid to see through the disguise.
>>
>>3072749
Honestly the first 4 are essentially equal for me, with 1 being slightly lower than rest for its overly long stages/stretches of no checkpoints in the middle of bullshittery.
>>
>>3072343
>Obviously Sonic CD has better music you dipshit, it has much better instruments.
>Better instruments mean better composition
And so much of it electronic anyway, why bother with redbook audio if you don't use real musicians?
>>
>>3072880
Because surprisingly Redbook Audio can incorporate a wider range of electronic tune and pitches compared to shitty his of microchips that are also trying to computer the direction of blue ball relative to a series of connecting sections of ground in front of a scrolling back image of mountains you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>3070876
>Death Egg in Lava Reef Act 1

I spent God knows how many hours playing this game and I never once noticed that.
>>
So I was playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles yesterday and when I was playing with Knuckles in Hydrocity act 1, I came across a glitch that didn't let me continue. You know when you enter one of those twisted slides that go underwater? When it went underwater, the screen just wouldn't scroll down and Knux just died. It happened like 5 times in a row and I gave up.
>>
>>3075715
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>3075763

Why would I be lying? Anyway i'll try to get pics later if it keeps happening.
>>
>>3070693
Bad news, you have autism.
>>
>>3075785

That's excellent news though. Where can I get my autismbux?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.