[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have an annoying FPS enemies/moments/puzzles thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Let's have an annoying FPS enemies/moments/puzzles thread. Starting off with a classic.
>>
File: burrick.jpg (19KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
burrick.jpg
19KB, 270x200px
>>
Those flying pig things on the 2nd level of Duke 3D.
>>
>>3062092
Very annoying but outrunning them is the best option if stealth isn't needed.
>>
File: I know about the tablet.png (551KB, 638x472px) Image search: [Google]
I know about the tablet.png
551KB, 638x472px
I still have no idea how to read it
>>
>>3062190
That's where I stopped playing. Haven't touched it since.
>>
>>3062197
the best parts where the non egypt ones honestly
play the last episode tho. it's in medieval like the first
>>
File: Kell.jpg (36KB, 541x364px) Image search: [Google]
Kell.jpg
36KB, 541x364px
>>
>>3062065
>pop a flachette
>it fucking blocks poison gas

why
>>
>>3062253
I haven't played this for a while but I don't remember that being the case? It was even the easiest way to play. Do source ports handle this differently?
>>
>>3062368
playing on gzdoom, if they don't get hitlocked, they'll keep blocking the gas until it dissipates.
>>
>>3062372

cleric's flechettes tore through centaurs on the n64 port. the chaos serpent/axe door glitch doesn't happen on n64 either. it's the best port imo.

Hexen is one of my personal favorites, partly because Im a sucker for atmospheric games. but if there was more enemy variety, and the centaurs held up their shields for a shorter time, it would've been better.
>>
File: Inquisitorflying-strife.png (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitorflying-strife.png
50KB, 640x480px
The Inquisitor is not just annoying, but dangerous if you don't use the Sigil.
>>
File: Driller.png (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Driller.png
72KB, 640x480px
Those are some nice shields you have there
>>
Both shotgun hybrids and protocol droids in SS2.
Former because they almost always chip away at your health, latter because they are just an exploding kamikaze ammo sink
>>
>>3063178
They're not even the worst enemies in SS2. Both easily avoidable. The gun turrets are pretty annoying, also the spiders. Not to mention those flying brain guys that shoot some kind of energy at you
>>
>>3063226
Not worst, but very annoying.
Early game, respawning, guaranteed you either take damage, waste little ammo you have, or both.

Turrets are finished with simple security hack, you just need to bash their health away with wrench and finish with single normal ammo shot.

Spiders are annoying, but are also kind of rare. Rare enough that they dont pose a problem on full energy weapons playthrough, for which they have high resistance.

Psi Reavers are set few throu whole game. Just kill a brain and then kill the Reaver itself. You can dodge its shots without much problems.
The only place they are more pain than usual is final fight against Many, but youre not supposed to focus on them there.
>>
>>3062161
It's the body. They can't be picked up so any KO's need to happen outside the others' patrol routes.

I kinda miss them though. FM's have them just about never.
>>
>>3063273
Practice... No need to KO Burricks in the original missions.
>>
>>3062102
Duke 3D also has the suicide bomber flyers. To lesser extent, coolies in Shadow Warrior are also really annoying, largely for their ghosts.
>>
If we're counting Eye Of The Beholder style dungeon crawlers, then Ghost Of Trebor
>>
The Lightning Guard in ROTT that steals your weapon. Jesus.
>>
File: punk.jpg (102KB, 350x206px) Image search: [Google]
punk.jpg
102KB, 350x206px
'sup faggot
>>
File: B1_hand_from_hell.gif (2KB, 55x70px) Image search: [Google]
B1_hand_from_hell.gif
2KB, 55x70px
>>3062065
I'll be brief here.
>>
>>3062092
I don't remember it. What game?
>>
The fucking monks in Rise of the Triad
>>
>>3063936
>>3063984
Is ROTT one of the hardest FPSs of the nineties? It's definitely up there with Blood.
>>
>>3062065
I do believe the sapphire wand eats straight through the shield on centaurs.
>>
>>3064020
I'm not sure it does, maybe on lower difficulties? However it does prevent the bouncing effect from the shield which is in itself helpful.
>>
File: IMG_20160314_234548.jpg (21KB, 370x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160314_234548.jpg
21KB, 370x245px
This ahole nearly gave 12-year-old me an aneurysm
>>
File: bullsquid.jpg (125KB, 652x432px) Image search: [Google]
bullsquid.jpg
125KB, 652x432px
>>
File: coolie.gif (5KB, 90x118px) Image search: [Google]
coolie.gif
5KB, 90x118px
They don't give me too much trouble but can be very annoying when they sneak up on you, or you run into them trying to run thru a level
>>
>>3063947
Haha - used to hate them until I discovered that you can shake them off.
>>
>>3062065
They could have been good if their shielding was something random that you had to react to. Instead it's just

>fire 1 shot
>wait 3 seconds
>fire another shot
>wait another 3 seconds
>die of boredom
>>
Those cockroach things in one of the last levels of Turok 2 that gather behind you as you walk, making this nasty teeth-grinding sound.
>>
>>3064079
You can feed the bullsquid, and that's pretty cool.
>>
>>3064557
Well it was full of little things, like if there were guts and bloodstains on the floor, any nearby roaches would flock to it, and if there were headcrabs around, a bullsquid would aggressively attack them and then try to eat them.

How did you go about feeding them intentionally though?
>>
>>3063846
Of course it gets simple once you've memorized e.g Bonehoard. Didn't help on the first time through.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>3065136
Whack the butcher meat, it'll distract the hungry bullsquid while you sprint to hit the switch to make this lift move.
>>
>>3065136
>if there were guts and bloodstains on the floor, any nearby roaches would flock to it
Never noticed it
Now Im tempted to reinstall Halflife just to see that.
>>
>>3066208
https://youtu.be/Elwb2lV88hM
>>
>>3066709
Damn. thats impressive, given you wouldnt give a shit about roaches while playing, beside trying to stomp them occasionally.

Attentions to detail, I suppose.
>>
>>3062102
Just chew them up with a shotgun or ripper. If you wait for them to stop, also RPG them. What's the problem? You don't even need to do much to dodge them. Just basically move around a little bit.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.