[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend challenged me in Top Gear. He always picks the red car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Top_Gear_Car_Selection_Screen.jpg (33KB, 356x313px) Image search: [Google]
Top_Gear_Car_Selection_Screen.jpg
33KB, 356x313px
A friend challenged me in Top Gear.
He always picks the red car with manual transmission, what car should i pick?

It seems that the white has the best handling and very low fuel consumption but it is the slowest and i'm afraid he will just zoom past me in most tracks, are purple or blue decent choices?
>>
the one with the most top speed if you're good.
the one with the most handling if you're still learning ( bad ). the in betweens are pointless
>>
>>3061072
So, there is no reason to pick either purple or blue?
>>
>>3061058
>i'm afraid he will just zoom past me in most tracks
Is your friend a machine?
Red car have shitty acceleration and too much fuel consumption, the idea is that this car would be the best if piloted by an expert player due to the higher max speed, but the developers failed.
There isn't a way to perfectly play Top Gear because of the limited view, the red car is the worst, it only works in shallow theory.
>>
>>3061148
It is the best car when played by an expert. There's no way to keep up with the red car while playing the white, he'll leave you miles behind unless he collides too much, which an expert isn't going to do.

Purple is the second fastest and might keep up with red but it consumes only slightly less fuel.
>>
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT I LOVE TOP GEAR!!! My favorite series on SNES! Very underrated and overlooked. Got all 3, love em. Amazing music and everything! Anyways moving on...

The red car (the cannibal) is the fastest but eats fuel like a motherfucker which means more pit stops. not the best choice in my opinion. But it all depends on your preference. Each car has something different to offer. Mastering all 4 is a lot of fun. No car is better then another, its all how you play and preference. God damnit enjoy racing your buddy man, this is a great 2-player game! Cheers!
>>
I always picked the white one because I worried that I'd lose the race if I had to do a pit stop.
>>
>>3061291
Hey man, thanks for the advice.

Many years ago when i was child i played Top Gear 2 a few times and liked the game a lot. One of these days i picked up my SNES emulator for ps2 and decided to play some racing games with this friend, we played Biker Mice, which i won nearly all of the races in 1st place as Limburger, then we played Rock n' Roll racing, which i also dominated with Jake Badlands. Then he said that we should compete in Top Gear because it's more of a racing game than the previous two and he used to play it a lot back in the day, he is confident he can defeat me soundly. I have played the game a few times, tried each car in the first 4 tracks, manual transmission only.

I feel like although they are displayed as having the same max speed in the car selection screen, purple is slightly faster and maintains speed better than blue, which on the other hand, has slightly better handling and slightly less fuel consumption. I'm inclined to pick purple but some people say it's useless and only white is worth picking because of it's low fuel consumption.

I wish there was an in-depth guide for the cars, but i'm gonna be honest here, part of me wants to pick purple because it looks so sexy.
>>
>>3061365
Then do the purple. After a couple races, you will get a feel for her. There will be no losing. Focus on the track after the first loop, know the tracks, plain your pit stop if need be. Race and have fucking fun!!!
>>
I always chose the White Car and drove in automatic. I beat the game 2Player co-op with my dad when I was a little kid.
>>
>>3062234
Dont forget about fuel consumption
some tracks can be finished in some cars wihout refilling, this gives you a big advantage
>>
OP here.

We just finished the game, i won by 7 races ahead of him.

He played with the white car, auto, i picked purple, manual. Even though purple is slightly faster every race was a fucking struggle, because of it's slow acceleration i couldn't afford to crash more than once or twice or he would get a good distance ahead of me, it's fuel consumption also forced me into the pit-stop earlier and depending on the track, twice, while he only had to refuel once in the larger tracks and lastly it's low maneuverability that makes it harder to corner and overtake.
I came to the conclusion that purple is probably the worst car, being slower and having only slightly less fuel consumption, there's no advantage in picking purple over red, had i picked red, i'd have the same drawbacks of the purple such as low maneuverability and slow acceleration with the advantage that it's faster and maintains speed better. Red is definitely the best car if you are skiled and confident that you can corner without hitting the boards and overtake, white is the best if you want high maneuverability and less pit-stops, blue is balanced, which makes him the best choice if you want to go faster than white but keep a decent maneuverability and moderate fuel consumption. Purple does not exceed in anything, making it the worst and least viable car to compete against another player in my opinion.

We're gonna play again next week, and i'm going red next time, he will either go blue or white.
>>
File: 76574456345.jpg (23KB, 397x201px) Image search: [Google]
76574456345.jpg
23KB, 397x201px
A shame that the beautiest machine had to be the worst.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.