[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly is it fair to consider Amiga and Atari ST American computers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 629px-Jack_Tramiel_cropped.jpg (82KB, 629x800px) Image search: [Google]
629px-Jack_Tramiel_cropped.jpg
82KB, 629x800px
Honestly is it fair to consider Amiga and Atari ST American computers? They never made anything of value for them so I think it's time for them to admit we Europeans are their rightful owners. Plus Tramiel was born in Poland, Europe.

MSX stays japanese because we only provided shitty spectrum ports.
>>
>>3057984
well I suppose by that logic they arent american... but does it honestly fucking matter?
>>
>>3057984
Atari is as American as apple pie, sorry yuro-friend.
>>
>Plus Tramiel was born in Poland, Europe.
Yes, and most of the engineers were probably American.
>>
Are you trying to say all those Microprose, Origin, SSI, and Accolade games don't count or were of no value?

Besides, Tramiel had already sold off and left Commodore by the time the Amiga came out.
>>
>>3058215
Jay Miner the principle designer of the Amiga had come from Atari and was the mastermind behind the ANTIC chip.
>>
>>3058369
Wait for OP to claim Superfrog is a great game.
>>
Did you know that most C64 emulators (eg. VICE) all default to PAL mode on startup and their PAL emulation is generally more accurate than the NTSC emulation because the emu authors are primarily Yurosemens who do not apparently gaf about NTSC stuff.
>>
>>3058382
Superfrog was a cute game. And so was James Pond.
>>
>>3057984
HAHAHAHAH, that's awesome, OP... I took that photo of Tramiel.

They were made by Americans. Tramiel was just a businessman. A very, very mean businessman.
>>
Is it fair to consider modern americans americans considering their grand-grand-grandfathers were immigrants from Europe?
>>
>>3058369
No because they're not a shitty shmup with gradient colors and arpeggio music.
>>
>>3057984
>Poland, Europe.
As opposed to Poland, Arkansas?
>>
>>3057984
Britain, reclaim America back.
>>
File: reenie-and-vinnie-bbc.jpg (24KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
reenie-and-vinnie-bbc.jpg
24KB, 400x267px
>>3057984
>did he have a funny eye, dear? like an egg?
>i'm not sure
>heee did! THAT TRAMIELLLLLLL!!!!
>>
If only all British IPs were range banned.
>>
>>3058645
>A very, very mean businessman.
He was a Holocaust survivor. That would toughen up anyone.
>>
>>3057984
Nope. Enjoy your inferior ZX Spectrums, Europoors.
>>
>>3061942
The Holocaust never happened. The shape shifting reptilian Jews lied to you, again.
>>
Atari 8-bits stopped existing in North America after 85. They hung on in Europe until the early 90s as a low cost home computer for playing tape games.
>>
>>3059327
I don't understand the Yuropoor fixation with arpeggio music.
>>
Fun fact, MSX stands for Micro Soft Japan
>>
>>3062363
MSJ was already taken by the people who make those fake Valiums.
>>
The video game crash resulted in MSX being popular everywhere except here. Asia, Latin America, Europe. But not the US of A.
>>
>>3061942
>Holocaust survivor
he looks little too fat for one
>>
File: 4d3edab5.png (592KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
4d3edab5.png
592KB, 1280x960px
>>3062364
kek no but seriously it's technically a micro soft product
>>
worst thread on /vr/
>>
>>3062370
If you were starved to your skeleton you'd jump at the chance to eat whenever you could

as a bonus if they tried it again the war would be over by the time you hit a normal weight.
>>
>>3059292
Underrated post.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.