[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a new PVM owner. I have a bunch of questions. 1. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (114KB, 1000x958px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 1000x958px
As a new PVM owner. I have a bunch of questions.

1. Should the chroma setting be at on, off, or auto?

2. Should my NTSC be at 7.5 or 0?

3. What are the best settings overall?
>>
>>3054898
There's a thread for this
USE THE CATALOG
>>
>>3054898
bad news, you have asperger's

black level should be at 7.5
>>
>>3054898
there are no universal settings

this isnt an lcd
>>
that thing is so puny, holy shit. just get a nice 27" CRT TV with component and S-Video inputs and you'll have a much better experience.
>>
Cut the man some slack. We
All had to start somewhere
>>
>>3056202
there aren't universal settings for lcds either. educate yourself kid. >>3056202
>>
>>3054898
cute screen
>>
I have a related question:

What are the best settings for sharpness on a CRT? I know it sounds stupid, but I don't know what looks better, 0 is too blurry, and on 100 most times the text looks weird. Is 50 really the best option? I know that if the sharpness of my LCD ist turned up to 100 the colors start to bleed into ech other, but on my CRT I really can't tell.
>>
>>3057549
You are the judge of that. Use your eyeballs.
>>
>>3057551
I know, but I have a hard time to tell what looks better, same with color/contrast/brightness etc. I was just asking if there is any rule of thumb or if there is anything to avoid.
>>
>>3057549
0 on 2d, 50 on 3d. That's what I go by.
>>
I really know nothing about PVM's. Is the price in the link worth it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Sony-PVM-9042QM-Trinitron-Colour-Video-Broadcast-9-4-3-CRT-Monitors-CCTV-/401080798891?hash=item5d62474eab:g:h3IAAOSw5dNWtJm2
>>
>>3057687
Those only have 250 tv lines which is apparently not good.
>>
>>3057687
A couple of tiny 9" monitors for 65 quid? No, not really.

I bought a 20" PVM shipped for less than that. Don't settle for garbage, 14" is the absolute minimum.
>>
>>3057697
>>3057703

Thanks for the input. Guess I'll stick with my Toshiba 28N33B for now.
>>
>>3054898
literally 14 controls on front of machine to perfect picture however you like it
>still asking us for help
>>
>>3057960
Yeah, but that's a lot of damn knobs. And it's not really intuitive what some of them do (phase/contr/aper) if you're not already familiar with PVMs. It's a reasonable question.
>>
>>3057970
Aperture is sharpness, I've heard it's best to turn it all the way down. Contrast should also be turned down, I never go above halfway. Keeping brightness and contrast at reasonable settings will extend the life of the set.

Phase should always be set to neutral unless you like messed up colors. Crhoma I usually leave at neutral.

Hope this helps somewhat.
>>
>>3057970
Google "THE MODEL OF MY DAMN THING I BOUGHT manual pdf"
also google the names of the damn controls
google "how do i google"
coat your head in duct tape
>>
>>3057549
Sharpness should be at 0, it creates the appearance of a sharper image by adding artificial detail.. If the picture is blurry then you need to adjust your focus. If the tube is too tired to achieve good focus (remember that it is unreasonable to expect a CRT to be as sharp has an LCD) then you can try adding a minimal amount of sharpness.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.