[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where I can find the DOS version of doom at a good price?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (18KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 284x177px
where I can find the DOS version of doom at a good price?
Mine doesn't work
>>
The internet
>>>/doom/
>>
>>3054889
I think I still have the original doom on a CD somewhere. You can buy it for 60$ - you pay shipping
>>
>>3054889
gog has them digitally. Better setup of dosbox, and cheaper overall than steam
>>
>buying doom

>>3054901
>Better setup of dosbox

What do you mean better?
>>
>>3054906
As in, they actually use the latest version of dosbox, and actually allow you to use the setup.exe for doom.
>>
>>3055084
Why does that matter?
Nobody with a triple digit IQ would use dosbox to play Doom anyways.
>>
>>3055086
...OP fucking says
>where I can find the DOS version of doom at a good price?
>the DOS version

Pretty sure it matters to him.
>>
>>3055086
>Nobody with a triple digit IQ would use dosbox to play Doom anyways.

Even if Chocolate Doom is a better option, Some people like to have the vanilla exe for historical reasons. And unless you're on an older OS (Or even DOS itself), dosbox is your only option for using it.
>>
>he doesn't have the original scene release of doom
>>
>>3055084
>As in, they actually use the latest version of dosbox
The Steam copies use 0.74, which is the current and latest version of dosbox. Even if they didn't, getting the latest version of dosbox isn't difficult.
>>
>>3056581
>The Steam copies use 0.74, which is the current and latest version of dosbox.

Steam copies are 0.72 for me. And I just reinstalled them, too.
>>
>>3054889
Just pirate them unless you're trying to get your hands on a physical copy. Literally none of the original guys who worked on it are at id anymore and even John Carmack said he doesn't give a fuck if you do.
>>
>>3055086
It's great way to play Doom, especially the older versions like 1.2 or before. You can even use the DOS front-ends and editors like DCK, then it runs the map in doom.exe for testing.
>>
>>3055101
>Even if Chocolate Doom
>Even
It sounds like you just plain don't like vanilla Doom desu senpai.
For me it's the opposite. Only vanilla matters. And DOS runs it fine, just like all the other DOS games.
>>
>>3056808
Finally, fellow Doom purists.
>>
Buy Doom 3 BFG, it comes with the older games on it.
>>
>>3056642
I know, but I was really attached to my copy and I'd like to have another one.
>>
File: 1457478754609.jpg (36KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
1457478754609.jpg
36KB, 405x431px
>>3056810
>>
File: beta.png (13KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
beta.png
13KB, 640x400px
>>3056642
It's dangerous. Romero will send cyberdemon...
>>
File: 1360799654560.png (29KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1360799654560.png
29KB, 510x546px
>>3056837
>alpha version
>beta tester
>>
>>3057534
They didn't bother changing the alpha name from the earliest builds but yet they cared enough to leave out Tom's credit for these in-house builds.
>>
>>3056810
Bait or madman?

In case OP is a real sucker: Do not buy the BFG edition.
>>
>>3056808
...What? I never said I didn't like Vanilla. What I meant was that Chocolate Doom is the better option on modern OSs, because its less of a hassle to set up.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.