[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Your first RPG. >What was it? >What platform? >Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 12

ITT: Your first RPG.

>What was it?
>What platform?
>Do you still play it today?

My example:
>Swords and Serpents
>NES
>Nah. It was my first, but titles like Crystalis, Faxanadu and Zelda II are the go-to nostalgia RPG titles I think of and feel like playing when I'm in an NES mood.
>>
File: azure-bonds-pool.png (426KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
azure-bonds-pool.png
426KB, 640x400px
>Some SSI RPG. Probably Pools of Darkness or Curse of the Azure Bonds
>C64
>Nope. I kinda feel like replaying them from time to time, but new games I also want to play keep being released...
>>
File: DUNGOFMU.png (2KB, 384x272px) Image search: [Google]
DUNGOFMU.png
2KB, 384x272px
Dungeon of Mulgoolie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VJaLnhVWss
C64
No, it's not a complex game with much replay value. I did play M&M3 last year which was my second or third.
>>
File: EOB2.jpg (286KB, 700x899px) Image search: [Google]
EOB2.jpg
286KB, 700x899px
>Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon
>DOS
>I think I last played through it maybe 10 years ago
>>
File: DaggorathInCoco.jpg (60KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
DaggorathInCoco.jpg
60KB, 640x426px
Dungeons of Daggorath for the Tandy Color Computer. I learned how to spell just so I could play it because it uses parsed text input instead of regular direct controls (I was like, 4 or 5).

I don't play it anymore because I don't have a CoCo or the game, but I could easily see myself doing it again.
>>
When I was a real small tot I watched my old brothers play Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, and Crystalis, but they never let me play those because they were afraid I'd delete their data (which I probably would have). I think FF4 was the first RPG I got to actually play myself
>>
Little Ninja Bros, NES, and I would not mind giving it another spin. It was actually a pretty nifty game where the random encounters were (usually) real time action.
>>
I'm trying to remember what my first was and it's difficult.

Well the first is definitely Pokémon which I got the year it released but that was the first game I ever owned. I'm only 23.

I played about an hour of FFIII US on the original ZSNES, it was my cousin's save and right in the middle of the game. I played a little bit of one of the Legacy of Goku games.

Man, I don't think I played a real JRPG all the way through until either Star Ocean 3 or .hack// on PS2.

It's weird to think about because now basically all I play are JRPGs. I guess that's why I thought FFVII was "hard" when it came out on PSN.

I was a filthy casual.
>>
Ultima III on an Apple //e when I was about 8-9 years old.

I played (and finished it) on a Commodore 64 about six years ago.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
>>3053225
>>
File: BreathOfFireIV_PSXBOX_US.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BreathOfFireIV_PSXBOX_US.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
Pic related. Still one of my all-time favorite games, still haven't fully beat it yet. Keep taking a break then end up starting a new game when i come back. The atmosphere is so sick. My play time as a kid was split between being stuck in the first town and fishing for hours.
>if you wanna get technical it was actually Diablo. The hell succubi taught me to like girls.
>>
File: one of my favorite games.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
one of my favorite games.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
>>3053225
Illusion of Gaia
SNES
i'd run it on my computer but i burnt out one of the graphics cards in it, replaced it and from there every time i run an emulator of any kind the computer completely craps itself, but i wish i could.
>>
>>3053254
Pokemon Crystal
GBA
Fuck no

First non Pokemon one was Breath of Fire 2 on the GBA, which I still come back to every few years or so. It was an amazing game with a shit translation.
>>
>Dragon Warrior 2
>NES
>I played through it recently to see how it compared to my memories. Yep, it's just as much as a kick in the dick as I remember.
>>
Shining in the Darkness for the Genesis

Had no idea where to go, and the Kaisercrab would beat the shit out of me until I would grind up to LV6 or higher. From there, would finally get to assemble my part and try to get as far in the Labyrinth as my small brain could take me.
Had a cartridge with a corrupted/bad battery, so once the game was turned off, the save data would clear. Never got further than the Cave of Truth because of it.
>>
>>3053225
Final Fantasy Adventure for the gameboy

Humorously enough it's my favorite game in the series. The Mana games got worse as technology improved
>>
File: extra_lire_fichier.png (5KB, 384x272px) Image search: [Google]
extra_lire_fichier.png
5KB, 384x272px
Warrior+
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=1935
The battles are pure arcade though.

Then, a bit later on there was Fer & Flamme.
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=864
>>
Final Fantasy 3 (6) for the SNES was my first RPG. I didn't beat it, got kind of bored half way through and then when SMRPG came out I ended up playing that one all the way through, then I went back to FF6 and beat it. No, I don't still play it today.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 261x193px
>FF3
>SNES
>Fuck yes, favorite game of all time, I've lost track of how many times I've played it and still love going back to it 20 years later
>>
File: castle-of-the-winds_4.gif (29KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
castle-of-the-winds_4.gif
29KB, 1024x768px
>>3053225
This badass motherfucker
>>
Pokemon, like most people born from 89 to the late 90s.

The first OTHER one was DQM, followed by Mega Man Battle Network, both of which were significantly divergent enough that they kept me from falling into the "good X has to be like my first one" trap.

None of them are my favorites, strangely.
>>
I think it was either Shining Force or Final Fantasy
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.