[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm almost done playing the Medarot series on the GBC.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

So I'm almost done playing the Medarot series on the GBC. What are some other RPGs I can play on the GB/GBC?

Besides Pokemon that is.
>>
>>3050032
mystic quest
>>
File: great greed.jpg (48KB, 329x384px) Image search: [Google]
great greed.jpg
48KB, 329x384px
Great Greed and Knight's Quest are cool, really overlooked.

Some of the popular home series made appearances on the GBC, like Grandaria, Star Ocean and Lufia. There are a shit ton of Japan exclusive RPGs on the GBC.
>>
File: Ffl_boxfront.jpg (49KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Ffl_boxfront.jpg
49KB, 256x255px
>>3050032
SaGa 1 and 2 are pretty great. 3 is different but still decent. Dragon Quest 1-3 ports are decent too.
>>
>>3050118
ain't the GB final fantasy games actually SaGa though?
>>
>>3050124
Yes, and...?
>>
>>3050124
Yeah, they're called Final Fantasy Legend 1,2,3 here, in Japan they were the first of the SaGa games.
>>
The GBC Lufia is cool if you can get beyond the procedural dungeons.
The Quest 64 pseudoport is better that the N64 version, even if it is easy as hell.
>>
>>3050043
>>3050118
Alright neat, would keep in mind.

>>3050098
What are some good ones that are exclusive to the system? Language is a non-issue.

>>3050216
I keep hearing bad stuff about the Quest 64, is the GBC game that much better?
>>
>>3050308
>That much
I would say it's better, but still so-so.
Still worth a try, since it's far less annoying that the N64 game.
>>
File: bouken.jpg (128KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
bouken.jpg
128KB, 500x574px
Arle no Bouken: Mahou no Jewel
>>
Mahoujin GuruGuru
>>
>>3050319
I'll try it out.

>>3050332
Never realized Madou Monogatari had an entry on the GBC. Spin-off or does it fit anywhere?

>>3050362
I don't know man, feels wrong to play a licensed game without watching the source material.
>>
File: 44979595.jpg (233KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
44979595.jpg
233KB, 640x960px
>>3050898
Spinoff. A cockfighting/collecting card-RPG with MM characters. It's not really anything special, unless you're a fan of the MM/Puyo gang I guess.
>>
Try Dragon Quest Monsters.
You rise and breed monsters from Dragon Quest like pokemon, really nice.
>>
Harry Potter
>>
>>3051005
>>>3050898
>Spinoff. A cockfighting/collecting card-RPG with MM characters. It's not really anything special, unless you're a fan of the MM/Puyo gang I guess.
Never actually played MM but I'll keep that in mind since it sounds cool.

>>3051095
>Try Dragon Quest Monsters.
>You rise and breed monsters from Dragon Quest like pokemon, really nice.
Didn't that get a remake?
>>
Is medarot in english?
>>
>>3051994
Nope. Only the remake of the second game on the GBA got localized out of the mainline games.
>>
>>3051980
>Didn't that get a remake?
Im pretty sure it did, but I only played first one.
>>
>>3051994
Yes and no. A translation patch has been in the works, no news since November 2015.
>>
Off the top of my head, haven't played any of these personally though.

Lufia: The Legend Returns
Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest)1&2, 3 was released on its own also.

If you want another pokemon clone you could also try dragon warrior monsters or robopon.
There was also a spinoff of Quest 64 on GBC.
>>
>>3050098
Great Greed is probably the worst non-children's-show-promotion RPGs on the system.

Cave Noire and MagiNation are two good ones that never get mentioned, but OP might prefer the GBA, Japanese exclusive remake of the latter.
>>
>>3055426
>>>3050098
>Great Greed is probably the worst non-children's-show-promotion RPGs on the system.
>Cave Noire and MagiNation are two good ones that never get mentioned, but OP might prefer the GBA, Japanese exclusive remake of the latter.
Well, if there are remakes I might want to play them instead, that's true. Looking for exclusives mostly.
>>
Metal Gear Solid is great but you're asking for RPGs.

Gargoyle's Quest 1/2 is great but more action rpg.
Legend of the River King
Another Bible
Olympus

Dragon Warrior Monsters is like Pokemon but different
Grandia is cool

The first 2 Harry Potter games are very good RPGs
Hamtaro also worth a look
Magi Nation is also like pokemon but different and with cards
Metal Walker is like Medabots but more like billiards

There's a few more great games.
GBC really is a great handheld

Also thanks to this shit I don't have time to play Pokemon SMD/MH4 and Fantasy life any more.
>>
>>3057948
Looking for RPGs since I'm playing on a mobile phone.
>>
azure dreams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odawrwgCxsk

the tutorial is a bitch though
>>
>>3057948
>Gargoyle's Quest 1/2 is great but more action rpg.
No RPG to be found here, but incredible action-platformers.
>>
>>3059092
It's on the PS1 as well, right? Might give it a shot.
>>
>>3061436
I looked up a PS version video and good god the graphics are ugly.
I like the voiced dialog but I think I'd rather play it on GBC to save my eyes.
>>
>>3061436
PS1 version has waifus and shitty town building.
GBC replaces this with 100 extra floors.

The GBC version, ergo, is superior.
>>
>>3061495
>>3061695
Got it. I'll check both I guess but right now I want exclusives.
>>
>>3055426
The GBA remake is a terrible remake.

All they really did was update the graphics (and poorly, I might add) and replace a few monsters. The rest is pretty much exactly the same, except the quirky script of the original was replaced with a very bland translation of it and some of the battle music is missing. The original game had 3 regular battle themes that were used on the different areas, while the remake uses the Shadow Geyser battle theme for all of them.

I have no idea why this remake even exists and it probably only some a few hundred copies. The original game had its share of issues (some of it due to time constraints, apparently): the Arderial Hyrens were unavailable, there was a number of bugs and one or two music tracks (of the overall great soundtrack, mind you) were pure chip vomit, namely the Shadowhold theme. A remake could have fixed these issues, add some enhancements and make it a truly fantastic game, but instead they just did the bare minimum.

Anyway, there's this very obscure RPG called Soul Getter if you want some e-peen points. It's a basic RPG with a single party member (a plus if you like the simplicity of, say, Dragon Quest 1), a cutesy art style and a (mostly) stereotypical plot. Has a few balance quirks (you have a max of 65535 gold, but late game items cost upwards of 60000 and battles give you around 3000) and there's always at least one spell that wrecks everything in the current area, but it's worth giving a shot.
>>
>>3064545
Translation a non-issue for me since I play in Jap but the battle music part kind of sucks.

And I'll get Soul Getter and give it a shot.
>>
God Medicine, even has a translation patch and Super Game Boy support.
>>
Do I need to know Japanese to play medarot?
>>
>>3068806
Will get.

>>3068845
Yes. First game has a translation patch finished or in the work and the second game was remade and localized on the GBA so you have that.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.