[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much are you willing to pay for a legit SNES game nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: mwcartregular.jpg (16KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
mwcartregular.jpg
16KB, 400x266px
How much are you willing to pay for a legit SNES game nowadays?

In my country there's people who're selling games up to $145 which is insane.

As for me, I'm not paying any more than $15, no matter the game.

I don't fall for that "it's a collector's thing" bullshit.
>>
>>3043574
My SNES broke a few years ago, it was literally just when TBBT became popular and old consoles got expensive as fuck.
Should've bought 10 SNES for a buck each when that was still a thing on ebay.
when will I ever get to play my games again.

>inb4 emu
But I have dem games ;__;
>>
>>3043574
I try to keep it under 10 but I'm willing to pay 15 or more if it something I reaaaaaaaally want.

The one outlier is Megaman X2 for $75 a couple weeks ago, it was the last X game I didn't have and the rest I got around the times they were released, either as gifts or for real cheap.

I only paid that much because I know the majority of them are over $100
>>
if you're willing to get a columous piece of plastic to store 4mbytes of data that could be stored in a sdcard without losing any functionality, i guess it is a collector thing huh

nothing wrong with that, but i dont waste my time unless its special chip games, i dont get you guys crying over this, even if its multi million stock SMW sent out with the console
>>
>>3043585
>when TBBT became popula
yeah, whatever that means

Turtleninjas Butants & Battle Toads ?
>>
>>3043631
The Big Bang Theory. You know, the show that literally popularized the nerd things you have seen today. It is not just a mere coincidence the trend started at the same year. It literally is the cause for it.
>>
>>3043671
I think it's just a matter of people overpricing shit because "it's a collector's thing" rather than the show itself.

People automatically relate "retro" with "expensive". I can't believe how games get pricier the older they are.
>>
>>3043671
I get what your saying, but that show had to have a receptive audience already for it to take off. "nerd cool" was already in the cultural milieu.
>>
flash carts, my friend
>>
>>3043671
total bullshit, tbbt did not initialize the retro-gaming colletcion trend; it is the nes/snes generation which got into an age where they were making money and were and could finally buy the games they only read about in nintendo power and similar. Furthermore lots of them sold their old consoles and had a hardon for the child memories... in one big word: Nostalgia

Nostalgia is the main factor for each generation, and it is mostly when the targets are between 22-30 years old
We are going be heavy in the n64 phase right now and in a few years the gamecube hype will begin, destroying prices all over the internet

also
>some games are worth more than 10$
>quality of game combined with production-quantity and regional restriction should be factored in price
>>
I just emulate as its better in every way.
>>
I'm not giving some fat smelly pig one cent for some waterlogged dirt covered piece of shit you couldn't give away 15-20 years ago.
>>
>>3043574 where are you from OP?
>>
SFC is the way to go if you want real carts. If not, flashcarts or emulation, famous games prices are ridiculous most of time.
>>
$0.

I kept all of my SNES games from back in the day and bought a flashcart recently to play the rest.
>>
>>3043868
>We are going be heavy in the n64 phase right now and in a few years the gamecube hype will begin, destroying prices all over the internet
Good thing I don't give a fuck about those consoles. Does a new generation of nostalgia consoles gaining popularity effect the prices of older games at all or do they stay high even after the market moves on?
>>
>>3043574

Nothing, because resellers inflate SNES prices in the most retarded ways. There's no shortage of SNES games, resellers just buy up large stocks of the same games at a time to make an artificial shortage. Then they charge outrageously more for them.

SNES is one of the platforms I would decidedly rather emulate.
>>
>>3043574
I literally just bought a copy of Sunset Riders for $90 today. I wasn't going to do it initially, but I got my tax refund today so I said fuck it.

The nostalgia was too strong for me. I'm not paying any higher than $100 for a cart though.

>tfw fags wants $200-$500 for Pocky & Rocky 1 or 2.

Why are retro vidya game sellers such greedy cunts?
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (10KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
10KB, 196x250px
>tfw modern vidya just seems to get worse and worse, less game more movie.

>tfw you never had a SNES growing up, finally break down and decide to buy one.

>Fags want $130+ for a console, hundreds for any random game

>tfw too retarded to into emulation

>tfw just want to play 16 bit vidya goodness.

Fuck this nightmare future world. Guess I'll just stick to buying N64 games before they all become just as expensive... Or (god forbid, find a different hobby).
>>
>>3046895
what's hard about drag and dropping rom files into snes9x 1.51 ?
>>
>>3043574
I paid around $700 for Earthbound, so apparently that much.

(Box + guide, not just cart alone.)
>>
>>3043671
>Sheldon is the reason I have to pay a lot of money for Hagane on eBay

Jesus, the depth of rationalization that goes on here. /vr/ just won't accept that some people love games so much that they're willing to pay hundreds of dollars for them. There has to be some ulterior hipster motive.
>>
>>3046895
get a flashcart nigger
or get someone to configure an emulator so you only click roms and the emulator opens
>>
>>3046902
Where is the best site to get roms?
>>
>>3046924
It's no coincidence that this shit soared in price at the same same year that show was popular.
>>
>>3046924

The price for Hagane did go up astronomically after Mike Matei made a video about it, though.
>>
>>3046939
anything not coolrom. don't install downloaders and you should be fine, the rom should be zipped and in .bin or .sfc format, if you don't know what that is kill yourself.
>>
>>3046950
I can believe that e-celebs might drive the price of a specific game up. But some people believe that e-celebs are the only reason that any retro prices are high at all, which is false.
>>
File: 1388089910415.gif (650KB, 350x204px) Image search: [Google]
1388089910415.gif
650KB, 350x204px
>>3046961
>All those fags out there that send their retro vidya to youtuber e-celeb scum for them to keep AT THE ORIGINAL OWNERS SHIPPING EXPENSE

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>3046976
I agree, that is retarded.

Like, I wouldn't even give my girlfriend any of my valuable vidya, why would you send it off, for free, to some guy you literally don't know?
>>
I don't really bother if the game goes for more than what it cost when it was released.
>>
>>3046976
I don't get it either. Does it give you such a huge boner to have some stranger on YouTube say "Thanks, YOUR NAME! Looks cool. If anyone else wants to donate something, please send it to: xxxx."
>>
>>3047493
I'd love to be an e-celeb just to get free rare games.
>>
>/vr/ trying to buy a retro game
>"WH-WHY DOES IT COST SO MUCH, BAWWWW"

>/vr/ trying to sell a retro game
>"WH-WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO BUY IT FROM ME FOR SO LITTLE? I PAID SIXTY DOLLARS FOR THIS WHEN I WAS TEN!"
>>
>>3043574
>not emulating
kek
>>
>>3046895
Out of all the retro consoles you can emulate, you complain about SNES emulation which is arguably the easiest thing to emulate?? Dude, how fucking retarted can you possibly be to not being able to run Snes9X or Bsnes? I could configure stuff like Zsnes years ago when I was only a kid and I ain't even tech savvy. If you really are this stupid then use google and look up for some fucking tutorial.
>>
>>3046939
Google, bitch. Ever heard of that? If you're too paranoid to use that, there are still other search engines like Duck Duck Go that you can use. Please don't be baby who needs spoonfeeding.
>>
File: 1455289997297.gif (2MB, 412x229px) Image search: [Google]
1455289997297.gif
2MB, 412x229px
>>3043574
>As for me, I'm not paying any more than $15, no matter the game.
good luck with that bro
>>
File: 1386469475304.jpg (6KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
1386469475304.jpg
6KB, 214x236px
>>3047749
>>3047750
>Being this much of a bitchy little twat on the internet

Whats the matter? Uncle fuck you too hard last night and you're just pissy because your asshole is chaffed?
>>
>>3046939
even if youre that much tech illiterate, downloading off archive.org is safe, theres pratically everything pre playstation1

NES
https://archive.org/details/NintendoNintendoEntertainmentSystem20140825.7z

everything else
https://archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03
and if you have someone to show you how to not click fake download buttons and not execute EXE from the internet, you can get playstation1 games at isozone.com
>>
>>3047516
>being poor
what's it like settling for an inferior experience
>>
>>3049298
It's roughly exactly the same, except we can save whenever we want, and don't have to get up and walk to our computer to shitpost.
>>
>>3043574
If you don't care about collecting, just get a flashcart and be done with it. Of course, if you want to play any games that use special chips like Kirby Superstar, Super Mario Kart, StarFox, or Megaman X2 and X3, you'll still want to get real copies of them.
>>
>>3043685
>i cant believe how things get pricier the more rare they become
>>
>>3044037
>something had no value at one point
>as supply of that item diminishes and condition in general becomes worse,it gains value
>But because it didn't have value BEFORE I claim it's an outright scam!!
>>
>>3049916
Playing on a computer monitor with a keyboard is definitely not the same experience as playing with a CRT and a gamepad.

Obviously you can hook your computer up to a CRT and get a USB pad, but lots of emufags don't go to the effort.
>>
>>3043574
just emulate desu senpai.
>>
>>3050072
if you even wrote something about the image ratio i might give it some thought, but even mentioning usb pad tells me youre puritanically trying to play the exactly same way just for pureness sake

your gtrgtrgtr...grandson will probably want to replicate a 21st century furniture to place his CRT on and sit on a "koushi" or whatever ppl called that thing a thousand years ago, to play the nintendo the way it was intended

fag
>>
>>3043574
Not about SNES games, but i bought a SNES for 50 dollars inna store. Had scuffs on it, cleaned it off witha magic eraser. It works like it literally came out of is box, i love it.
>>
>>3046950
>>3046924
Spoiler alert, the game sucks balls, is too hard, only 2 continues and cheap deaths
>>
>>3050724

I wouldn't say it sucks total balls. It's the kinda game that could have been a lot better if it was easier. As far as I remember, there's no difficulty settings either, which is a terrible thing for a game this hard. Lots of cheap bullshitty deaths though, that much is true. Probably not worth buying unless you're a masochist.
>>
>>3043574
even when I worked at funcoland 15 years ago some snes games were still more than 15 bucks. earthbound was 35-40. so were chrono trigger, final fantasy 3 and others.

retro game collecting has killed any good deals left and has killed the hobby. so fuck it I emulate. I still have a decent collection from my funcoland days but fuck paying stupid prices. and you know what? these resellers will be fucked because the inventory is very limited thus the stupid prices. they can't stay in business forever.
>>
>>3050753
nice b8 m8/10
>>
>>3050753
I sold my copy of Contra 3 and Sunset Riders and bought Pizza for the week and put gas in my Car.
>>
>>3043574
50% of what I can well it on ebay for.
>>
>>3050753
I can't tell what's real anymore.
>>
I just picked up mystic quest with map and manual for $20. So id say that's my upper limit. I don't collect much for the Snes anymore since I have enough games for it.
>>
>>3046831
Because people will buy them. Which should be no shock to you since you paid $90 for a game yourself.
>>
>>3043574
I bought Megadrive 2 bundle for 78€ and it came with
Contra Hard Corps - cartridge only
Mortal Kombat - Complete
Mortal Kombat 2 - Complete
Mortal Kombat 3 - Complete
Sonic Compilation - Complete
Sonic 3 - Cartridge only
Mega Key import adaptor
>>
>>3052345
Maybe not the most anyone here has paid but quite possibly the most anyone has overpaid.
>>
>>3050724

I played through half of it on my flash cart and the whole time I wish I was playing one of the Shinobis or Ninja Gaiden games instead.
>>
>>3043574
Buy a fucking wii + crt tv or if you really wants play on real hardware, buy a flashcart
>>
>>3049298
>Being a retard and buying overpriced commom games because is "rare" now.
>>
>>3043671
>>3043685
>>3043574

I've noticed a "rolling" trend. As these 20-30 years grow up, the demand for sets of games increase based on the year they came out

about 10 years ago, Atari and NES games were hot

then snes

then genesis

then n64

it wont stop until it hits the most current non-digital media
>>
>>3043574
>As for me, I'm not paying any more than $15, no matter the game.
So I guess you're not buying many games lately. Certainly not good ones, anyway.
>>
>>3043574
My cutoff is usually $50, but it varies from game to game. I'll make an upper limit based on what I think it's worth.
>>
File: streetfight.jpg (272KB, 2048x1158px) Image search: [Google]
streetfight.jpg
272KB, 2048x1158px
>>3043574
bought streetfighter alpha 2 pal for 150 that's as high as ill go.
>>
30 dollars is my limit. I subtly insult the employees of overpriced retail stores.
>See Yakuza 2 on back shelf, no price. They obviously want you to ask so you feel trapped into paying.
>"90 dollars sir."
>"Gotta pay that protection money somehow huh?"
>>
File: 1456440207108.jpg (30KB, 540x349px) Image search: [Google]
1456440207108.jpg
30KB, 540x349px
>>3046895
>got my snes for $7 at a flea market
One of the few times going there ever payed off for me.
>>
>>3057090
>bought streetfighter alpha 2 pal for 150

I got a cart only copy for like $5 and traded it to a Megadrive game (I think Vectorman) back in 2002.

If I knew it would end up costing $150 I would've kept it.
>>
>>3046895
>hundreds for any random game
desu the big name games are close to 100 (like Super metroid is $115 in a refurbished box)
but I saw SMW at the store a few days ago for like $35
>>
>>3043574
I'm so pissed. I've told myself I never would overpay for a game, and I haven't yet, not more than $40 or so for my most expensive SNES game. I really want a copy of Kirby's Dreamland 3, though. I've been on the lookout for months, I've set up triggers for ebay searches that alert me as soon as they're posted on the hopes that some fool puts one up for way under asking price...

Last week, it finally happened, only I was FUCKING ASLEEP. I was fighting off a cold and figured I'd go to bed at 11 every night instead of 12 or 1, and wouldn't you know it, at 11:50 someone put up a copy of KDL3 for 20 fucking dollars. It was sold in minutes, but I'd like to think I could have been the first to spot it.

I know the game is "rare" but I think that's bullshit. Go on ebay and there's a ton of copies up for sale, comparable to most other mainstream Nintendo games. The game isn't even that good. I just remember it was the first game I ever emulated 20 years ago and I enjoyed it and would like to own the physical copy.
>>
File: 1456773791356.jpg (31KB, 563x421px) Image search: [Google]
1456773791356.jpg
31KB, 563x421px
>>3057106
>Work at overpriced retail store
>Just a grunt worker as a side job
All prices are based on amazon or ebay listings. Why insult people if they aren't even the ones doing the pricing?
>>
>>3043574
>There's people who're selling games up to $145 which is insane.
Thats why VC exists.
>>
>>3057512
SFC version is only $20 buy it now :^)
>>
>>3057726
It's $8 on VC.
>>
>>3057512
>The game is even good

Fuck you you don't deserve it.
>>
>>3046939
Find a torrent for complete sets. If I just need 1 game though emuparadise never fails.
>>
Never. I rather be emulate. Scum than buting over priced shit from sellers. Krikzz all the way
>>
>>3046914
I got it for free in 97 you fucking idiot that shit is over rated now. Its good but for fuxk sakes by an everdrive instead
>>
>>3058807
I mean, it's not a bad game by any measure, but let's be honest. Kirby Super Star outclasses it in every way, perhaps sans cuteness.
>>
>>3043773
Hell, get a Wii and soft mod it and get a classic controller. Still be cheaper than a flash cart, the system and shipping.
>>
>>3059923

But how well does the Wii emulate? How does it compare to flashcarts?
>>
>>3059909
Not really, they're different in my mind. There's two types of Kirby - Dreamland and Adventure.

Dreamland, starting with the first, (which itself a sort of weird beta) is about cute environments, challenging but not oppressive enemies, where you have 6-7 powers, and maybe some animal companions for combinations (or combining with each other, ala 64) and often to clear certain environments you'll need a specific power.

Then there's the Adventure style, where there's like 24 powers, no companions or mixing ('cept maybe for Squeak Squad) which is less cute and more hardcore, reaching stretching your skills, and you don't ever really need a specific power but there are bonuses for having one.

Then there's the experimental stuff where they sorta just chuck Kirby in because Mario wouldn't fit (Dream Course, Canvas Curse, Mass Attack etc).
>>
>>3061153
I agree. I guess I just prefer the Super Star style to the other one.

Although, in my mind, Dreamland 3 suffered because I had very recently played Dreamland 2, and it was basically the same thing but with nicer graphics. Super Star had so much variety, it really made an impact. and I remember it.
>>
File: 1455839010913.jpg (365KB, 1057x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1455839010913.jpg
365KB, 1057x1008px
>>3043574
I don't go higher than what a new game costs today.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.