[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesn't /vr/ like final fight 2&3 again ? i know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: maki.jpg (76KB, 420x576px) Image search: [Google]
maki.jpg
76KB, 420x576px
why doesn't /vr/ like final fight 2&3 again ?
i know a lot of people dont like 1 because its a bad port, but i was just playing through 3 and it has a really nice pace too it, albeit its a bit too easy

also beat em up general ; recommend me snes\sfc beat em ups
>>
>>3029694
>albeit its a bit too easy
Exactly, 3 on expert difficulty is easier than FF2 on normal. I don't dislike it, btw, I just wish it had an arcade version.
>>
>>3029715
i suppose the music is kind of shit compared to SOR1&2 too.

i played some anime futuristic beat em up with a really long japanese name a few months back, any idea what it was ?, i don't wanna download a full romset again just to find it

i THINK it was based on an actual series too

one of the characters could do hadoukens and shoryukens
>>
>>3029724
ghost chaser? rushing beat? sonic blastman?
>>
>>3029694
>why doesn't /vr/ like final fight 2&3 again ?

Censorship killed it for me. I guess I could just play the original Japanese release, but the principle of it still bugs me too much. They had a chance to redeem themselves with the GBA port, but kept the censorship intact anyway.
>>
The Final Fight trilogy on the Super NES (yes, even the "shitty" port of the first game, which I would argue is better than 2, but not as good as 3) are as good as you could expect from the system, they just don't hold up that well compared to the Streets of Rage sequels on the Genesis or arcade beat-'em-ups. It's not fault of the games themselves though. All things considered though, the SNES was pretty cucked when it came to beat-'em-ups/belt-scrollers, given Nintendo's decision to built the system with very minimal RAM and a slow-ass CPU.
>>
>>3029764
neither of those, the backdrops sorta looked like megaman, and the characters had smaller sprites than those
>>
>>3029814
Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3NMDGt5NY
>>
>>3029724
>>3029814
Was it even on SFC? 'cause it sounds like a Shubibinman game, which were on PCE.
>>
>>3029836
thats the one
ty anon
>>
>>3029837
>>3029836
>>3029840
I forgot there was a Shubibinman Zero on SFC too.
>>
>>3029842
seems like it only came out on that satellaview thing
>>
>>3029787
GBA port fixed some of the censorship, at least. The blood is back in and iirc so is "Oh my God!" Why they would fix that but leave out Poison, I have no idea.

>>3029810
Not a lot of really good beat em ups on Genesis either, if there was a hardware advantage it was rarely taken advantage of.

>>3029694
Even though /vr/ gives it shit, Turtles in Time is honestly a fun game.

What's that one where you can play as the bosses after you beat them?
>>
>>3029923
>What's that one where you can play as the bosses after you beat them?
Big Fight - Big Trouble in the Atlantic Ocean?
>>
>>3029715
>easier than FF2 on normal
Not really. Normal enemies are easy, and jump kicks neutralize bosses in FF2. Not to mention easy infinites. FF3 on expert has enemies that do a lot of annoying jab-and-move patterns.
>>
>>3029810
>the SNES was pretty cucked
the door's over there, have a nice day
>>
>>3029923
>Not a lot of really good beat em ups on Genesis either, if there was a hardware advantage it was rarely taken advantage of.
Very few developers (even among Sega's own teams) actually knew how to take full advantage of the Genesis hardware specs. I'm, guessing Ancient (the people behind SOR sequels and Beyond Oasis) and Treasure simply had programming wizards who knew the ins and outs of the Genesis quite well, since their games were technical showcase of what the system could do. At any rate, I've never seen a 16-bit console brawler push as many sprites as SOR2 and 3 did.

>>3029991
>Triggered by common 4chan vernacular.
You're just as bad as those aspies who always whine about "not retro" when people bring up the PS2 or GBA.
>>
>>3030025
Not him but "cuck" is one of the worst things to ever become common on this site, and I've been here since 2005. Plus the way it's used is wrong.
>>
>>3031502

i eagerly look forward to the future in which 4channers look back on "cuck" like they do "epic win" or "habeeb it" or whatever other old shitty stuff everyone feels collectively embarrassed that they thought was funny at one point or another
>>
FF3 is terrible compared to better beat 'em ups on the SNES like Turtles in Time and Sonic Blastman 2.
>>
2 is one of my favourite SNES rolling belt games, but again I only play with Haggar in all FF so I don't know about Carlos and Maki. 3 is fun and shit but... we all know the game feels floaty as fuck, and it's probably the easiest FF around. FF deserved a better fate though, the only actual really good games are the first and MMFF on NES.
>>
Best beat-em-ups on SNES are The Ninja Warriors Again and Batman Returns.

I don't care about them not having a 2 player mode. I never played beat-em-ups with other people anyway because they mess up my run. I guess for casual gamers who think of beat-em-ups as a party-game genre, the lack of a 2 player mode might be a big deal.
>>
>>3031640
>Batman Returns.
Mein Negroe I don't see this one mentioned as much as it should.
>>
>>3029694
I fucking love 3. Fun as fuck game even if it's nothing like the other Final Fight games.

2 is OK. It's kinda like an inferior version of 1. Still fun though.
>>
>>3029931
Thought you were trolling with that name, silly ignorant me.

I was thinking of an SNES game, though. I seem to recall it had branching paths like D&D. It's been a long time and it's probably not as good as I remember.

>>3031640
>>3031648
How is Batman Returns on SNES vs Genesis?
>>
>>3029923
>Not a lot of really good beat em ups on Genesis either, if there was a hardware advantage it was rarely taken advantage of.

There were quite a few actually.

Alien Storm
Punisher
Final Fight CD
Tmnt
>>
>>3032283
Batman Returns is a beat-em-up by Konami that plays exactly like Final Fight. Genesis version is a platformer.

SNES:
Great presentation, music, and atmosphere.
Fun gameplay with 3 different throws.
Slightly different from other beat-em-ups because you want to use batarang to stun enemies before engaging.
Some platforming scenes that are okay.
Not for everyone I guess because there's only one playable character, but it's a very well-made solid game that I play through once in a while.
It has a reputation for cheap bosses but they're not in the least. No-death runs are possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 758x426px
>>3032312
Eh once you get past SoR I don't think it's better for beat em ups than the SNES, at least not by very much. Not to say there aren't any good ones. (Would add Splatterhouse 3 to that list)

Oh Brawl Brothers (aka Rushing Beat something or other) is the game with playable bosses.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (12KB, 204x178px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
12KB, 204x178px
How could you hate imagining Maki was not wearing underwear.
>>
File: 36683.png (23KB, 464x528px) Image search: [Google]
36683.png
23KB, 464x528px
>>3033189
No need to imagine. She was nude underneath that skirt. Just like Tyris in Golden Axe 2.
>>
is the saturn final fight fighting game bad ?

i wish they didnt fuck up steetwise
>>
Played FF2 again because of this thread.. Playing it reminded me why I don't like it.

Fucking tedious and boring and repetitive. Not even Maki's succulent butt cheeks can save this game. Final Fight SNES games are the suck. Even Rushing Beat is more interesting
>>
>>3034154
Yep.
>>
>>3035532
>Even Rushing Beat is more interesting
Nah.
Final Fight Tough > Final Fight Guy > Final Fight > Rushing Beat Syura > Rushing Beat > Rushing Beat Run > Final Fight 2
>>
>>3029810
Pretty much this, Ninja Warriors Again is the only great one, because limiting it to a single-plane was a good idea to overcome the SNES limitations.

>>3029923
That's because most of the important beat 'em up developers sided with the SFC, because you know, the MD was quite unpopular in Japan. However the Genesis is a lot more capable for beat 'em ups: better CPU, higher resolution on par with arcades, and FM goodness used in tons of beat 'em ups.
>>
File: 5.jpg (319KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
319KB, 800x600px
>>3035542
I wish Technos had seriously supported the Mega Drive over the Super Famicom and made a proper Double Dragon on the system, instead of approving those shitty licensed ports of the arcade games.
>>
>>3035724
DD1 is a decent port with some romhacks applied. 2 and 3 ports are pretty bad though.
>>
>>3035540
>Rushing Beat > Rushing Beat Ran

Yeah you're retarded and played the games for less than 5 minutes
>>
>>3032514

I fucking loved the Rushing Beat series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMbm0EDsGE
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.