[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i got here a copy of Doom for snes but as you can hopefully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 445343.jpg (12KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
445343.jpg
12KB, 240x320px
So i got here a copy of Doom for snes but as you can hopefully see in the picture, one of the silver connector thingies is missing. Is this the FX chip or something? The one on the right is there but not the left. Will the game work? Also, will is damage the system or game by trying to get it to work / play it? Sorry, but i know fuck all about this stuff.
>>
Doesn't matter at all. I have a couple carts like that
>>
>>3028009
What exactly are the 2 silver clip things for?
>>
Are the pins missing because of damage or were they never there in the first place? Developers aren't obligated to use every single pin.
>>
File: 445343.jpg (22KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
445343.jpg
22KB, 240x320px
This little thing here is what i'm talking about. On the other side is supposed to be one, but its missing.
>>
File: 100_3399.jpg (319KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
100_3399.jpg
319KB, 2000x1500px
I don't know what the fuck you are getting on about, but all copies of SNES Doom are like that. Here is a picture of mine and it plays just fine. You know how I know that? I put it in my SNES and it worked. You do have a SNES, don't you? Of course you do. Why else would you be buying SNES games? JUST PLUG THE FUCKER IN AND SEE IF IT WORKS. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
>>
It's just a fucking common ground, holy shit.
>>
>>3028054

Yes i know, i was just wondering if all copies are like this or...? And will putting it in my system be bad for the game or system?

No need to be such a roody poo.
>>
>>3028068
>will putting a SNES video game cartridge into a SNES video game cartridge input that it was designed for hurt the system?
Think about your question. Even if the game doesn't work, all it would do is not work. How would it damage your system?
>>
>>3028079
Don't know much about FX chips and what not. Jesus christ this board is full of spastic kids and elitists. Never mind. Let the thread die.
>>
There is always only one clip on expansion chip games like Doom and Yoshi's Island. From what I can tell it's a ground which was included just in case, you can remove it without any issues IIRC.
>>
>>3028079
>How would it damage your system?
If it's damaged then maybe some connectors are shorted together.
>>
>>3028102

It's your own fault.

You posted a useless thread without an earnest trial and error session.

Maybe next time you'll learn to give things a shot before you come crying for help.
>>
Calm down, he just asked a question. He wanted to make sure he wouldn't damage anything by playing it since it looked like something was missing.
>>
I sell a copy of Earthbound on Ebay that turns your SNES into a bomb. It'll run ya 120 dollars
>>
>>3028273
This, all i wanted.
>>3028170
Thank you, good to know. I thought maybe the cart had been damaged but it seems not. Cheers
>>
>>3028328
I hope someone else is there to hold your hand all your life you massive cocksucker
>>
>>3028359
Did he even test to see if it worked?
>>
>>3028370
Yes, its working
>>
>>3028054
>>3028029
It's a grounding pin.
>>
Op is a fucktard
>>
Regardless, throw it in the trash, literally worst version of Doom.
>>
>>3031178
Can't be worse than GBA Doom or Saturn DOOM or 3DO Doom.
>>
>>3031191
>GBA Doom

No idea that existed, I'd have to imagine the Saturn and 3DO versions are superior however
>>
>>3031191
gba doom is at least 10 times better
>>
>>3028307

sides in orbit.
>>
>>3031191
Oddly the Super Nintendo version has better texture variety than the Jaguar-based ports. It also has the bosses that most ports are missing. But of course there's the ass framerate and shit resolution, as well as random shit like the inability to circle strafe which makes the whole experience miserable.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (8KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
8KB, 281x200px
>debating which console has the best version of DOOM while typing from a computer
>computer has the best version of DOOM
>mfw you're all idiots
>>
>>3031339
It's clearly the PS1 port.
>>
>>3031339
Doom 64 master race reporting in.
>>
>>3028054
wow assblasted much?
>>
>>3028102
>Don't know much about FX chips and what not.

They were obviously built in such a way that if the cart is in the slightest way damaged, nicked, shook or stirred, farted at, or looked funny at, they will stop working. Just like practically all the other SNES carts.
>>
File: tumblr_mcdo1qQPtz1rbu729o1_1280.jpg (192KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcdo1qQPtz1rbu729o1_1280.jpg
192KB, 1280x960px
>>3028273
He could've, you know, googled how the cart works. Second fucking image for "doom snes cart" has an image of that grounding pin visible, meaning that the cart has that by factory and it isn't missing anything.
>>
File: 1431796018069.jpg (208KB, 939x380px) Image search: [Google]
1431796018069.jpg
208KB, 939x380px
>This thread
Jesus christ this is gold. Just play on PC through GZDoom OP, have fun.
>>
>>3028273
Finally someone that isn't autistic
>>
>>3028359
Your mum must be so proud of you
>>
File: doom pcb.jpg (396KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
doom pcb.jpg
396KB, 1024x683px
Most extended carts (the type with the extra pins on either side of the main set) are like this. There's just the one spring contact on the cartridge shell.

Doom does have two extra ground pads on the PCB meant to meet up with spring contacts on the cartridge shell, but they ended up only using one because it was sufficient and a second gold-plated contact would have been an unnecessary expense.

The purpose of the extra ground is safety. The demands of the extra hardware in these carts are enough that you can fuck up the cart or possibly your system if your grounding is absent or insufficient, and you could cause that by accident if you pulled out or moved the cart while the system was on. The extra contact ensures the cart remains grounded to the metal shroud around the cartridge slot even while it's being pulled out of the system or jostled by the user.
>>
Do these games have metal shielding inside the cart?
With anything other than plain old rom chips outside the main console, it wouldn't be surprising if they did it to pass FCC rf emission rules.
>>
>>3028054
>games stacked vertically
Never fails to trigger me.
>>
>>3028061
seriously, this board reeks of underage these days.
>>
>>3032042
Just the chip. The carts are very simple
>>
>>3031769
Thanks anon, good to know!
>>
>>3028231
Damn dude it's not OP's fault your parents got divorced
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.