[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Thief mission? For me it's First City Bank and Trust,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: thief 1 painting.jpg (840KB, 1400x2786px) Image search: [Google]
thief 1 painting.jpg
840KB, 1400x2786px
Best Thief mission?
For me it's First City Bank and Trust, the number of entrypoints really adds a lot to the replay value.
>>
Song of the Caverns. Comfy location, excellent ambient loops and pretty challenging overall.
>>
>>3018019
This, it sums up everything I like about Thief and has some great NPCs.
In 2, my favorite is Precious Cargo for the unique location/theme.
>>
>>3018519
The only issue I have with Precious Cargo is how linear it feels compared to the other levels, it doesn't loop back on itself.
>>
>>3018736
Thief 2 kinda falls flat on its ass after Life of the Party, to be quite honest. The following missions aren't particularly great (except maybe Masks if you forget Casing the Joint exists, and Soulforge because of how hard it is).
>>
>>3017834
Probably Song of the Caverns here too.

Thief 2 is pretty quality all over, though.
>>
>>3017834

im playing thief gold for the first time right now.

I am at the second level and after the spookyness I am kind of feeling disinterested. I am on the hardest mode and the stealth system doesn't seem that interesting or difficult. I guess it's an early stealth game so the mechanics are pretty dated.

I can understanding liking it for the atmosphere and spooks but the game has to feel good to me first and this doesn't feel very good.
>>
>>3017834
The Sword and Lost City.
>>
>>3019251
Out of all the missions Lost City definitely has the most adventurous feel to it. You start off in a back alley area of the city, then by the end you're vaulting up buildings over pools of lava.
>>
>>3019249
>I guess it's an early stealth game so the mechanics are pretty dated.

What other stealth games have you played? Save for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and The Dark Mod, no other stealth game comes even remotely close to Thief 1 and 2's depth.
>>
>>3018785
I actually think I like Casing the Joint more than Masks because the atmosphere in the former is so different then what the player is used to.
>>
Precious Cargo for sure.
>>
>>3022620
Where in the world is Cavador?
>>
The Sword is objectivity the greatest mission in the series.
>>
The Sword, Assassins, Life of the Party, Blackmail

>>3019249
Stick with it, trust me.

I was in your same situation. Break from Cragscleft and Down in the Bonehoard (the third mission) seem really tedious their first time through, and it put me off for a couple weeks. But after you're done with the game, you'll appreciate having gone through them. They're not bad, but they're really terrible for introducing someone to the series.

It helps that you get a couple of the best missions in the series after that in Assassins and The Sword. Theives' Guild is pretty fun too (but long as fuck).

But yeah, stick with it. Run through Cragscleft and Bonehoard on easy or normal if you REALLY hate them, but play the rest on expert after that. And come back to Cragscleft and Bonehoard afterwards, cause they're actually really cool missions after you're used to the series.
>>
Bumping thief thread cause we don't get enough
>>
>>3020823
Just a word on this one: why did they even put the same level in twice? I heard, initially, they had intended to stick a Museum level between the two to break it up a bit but, iirc, they didn't have time so we ended up with Masks and Casing right after one another. But why did they even decide in the first place to re-use the same level, was it again due to time constraints?
>>
>>3026309
Ambush and Trace the Courier were the same level too.
>>
>>3026309
Garrett wanted to case the joint before pulling the job.

Casing is when you study a mark or location and figure out the best means of success. Usually Garrett, being insanely good, doesn't need to do this. However since this was something that needed to be pulled off without a hitch he decided to Case the Joint before stealing the Masks.

A level in between would have definitely helped though.
>>
>>3026470
None of the proposed levels for Thief 2 Gold didn't really sound that good. They wouldn't have expanded on the game like the new missions for Gold did.
>>
>>3026657
What were some of the proposed levels?
>>
>>3026932
Nevermind, actually did research. A few of those missions sound formulaic but Thief was, if nothing else, a really good formula. What really stands out in Thief is the weight of the lore and mythology, and how this lore is presented through random notes and bits of dialogue.

The presentation of this world is masterful. There is a college in the city? Mechanics wise, it is the same mission as Undercover but what would a college communicate to us about this universe?
>>
Anyone else think Shipping and Receiving is one of the coolest missions of the series?
>>
I found this the other day and it's interesting
http://av.cah.utexas.edu/index.php?title=WSpector:Dv_00115

I don't think the game has been identified, but it might have to do with Dark Camelot.
>>
>>3028628
It's similar to Escape from Cargscleft in that it suddenly throws the player into a situation they're unfamiliar with.
Whereas Cragscleft was about introducing the horror aspect, Shipping and Receiving is about throwing the player into a very large open map. It took me a long time to complete the first time.
>>
File: CaEzbmvWYAM98NQ.jpg large.jpg (69KB, 555x605px) Image search: [Google]
CaEzbmvWYAM98NQ.jpg large.jpg
69KB, 555x605px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr7sW6vbfM4
>>
>>3032168
>mfw the worst level has the best music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nJ09SjKVgI
>>
>>3032170
Not true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhLYmklbZo
>>
>>3032170
I hope that was directed at Trail of Blood and not Thieves' Guild
>>
>tfw your first time in Cragscleft, you accidentally release all the rapists and murderers

being a prison guard must be tough
>>
>>3032170
I don't think there's such a thing as an outright worst level in the first two games, Thieve's Guild just has a few too many design flaws compared to other missions.
>>
>>3033418
Thieves' Guild is a masterpiece compared to Kidnap. This mission is complete bullshit.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.