[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vr/ Are there any good japanese exclusives for ps1 that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: w8wwK.jpg (238KB, 936x919px) Image search: [Google]
w8wwK.jpg
238KB, 936x919px
Hey /vr/

Are there any good japanese exclusives for ps1 that aren't hugely text based that you would recommend?

Platformers etc.

Pic related, Parodius - which was released in Europe but PAL is shit.
>>
>>3012546
Panzer Bandit is a pretty fun brawler.
>>
Learn the language before you miss out on fun.
>>
>>3012551
You seriously think I'm going to spend years learning Japanese just to play video games?
>>
Lots of shmups like that like Salamander Collection and Gradius Gaiden. They're all part of the gradius saga.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/phenominal-playstation-ps1-2d-shooters-shmups-library
>>
Gungage, Blade Arts, Gegege no Kitarou come to mind though Blade Arts is somewhat wordy.
>>
There was a pretty good Contra style shootemup that came out in JP and EU, but not US. Forgot the name. A lot of the textless JP only games weren't very good, especially when the JP Saturn did 2D games so much better than PS1. Most of the 3D games worth playing on PS1 were released in US.
>>
>>3013079
>There was a pretty good Contra style shootemup that came out in JP and EU, but not US. Forgot the name.
Sounds like Gunner's Heaven (or Rapid Reload in PAL-land).
>>
>>3013079
Gunner's Heaven.
>>
>>3013108
Yeah. That was it.
>>
Adventure of Little Ralph is probably the best platformer ever made.

And there is a sequel to Firemen from the SNES, Firemen 2.
>>
>>3012892
You only need a few weeks to months to cover the basics. Then you can play games to strengthen your skills.
>>
>>3013285
I wouldn't even know where to begin.
>>
File: Katakana-Misaki-restaurante.jpg (362KB, 1608x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Katakana-Misaki-restaurante.jpg
362KB, 1608x1167px
>>3013374
You begin with the kana, I'd recommend starting with Katakana over Hiragana because it's more useful in its own right. Katakana is the script used for loan words and the like while Hiragana is used for particles, conjugations and together with Kanji.
It's basically a matter of hours and you can read titles and a lot of menu options in games.
>>
>>3013374
I agree mostly with >>3013404 except I personally would recommend Hiragana first. It is after all used for the most common parts of the language and I believe it's used much more frequently.

Another thing is to understand how big of a wall Kanji is. It separates the boys from the men. Many a Japanese student's progress has been stifled or halted altogether when they get to Kanji, its worth knowing if you're up for the challenge.
>>
File: Milano no Arbeit.png (221KB, 320x314px) Image search: [Google]
Milano no Arbeit.png
221KB, 320x314px
>>3012546
>>
>>3013494
>>3013404
http://realkana.com/ <- Flashcard site
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Japanese/Kana/Lessons/Hiragana/Lesson_1 <- Wikibooks on Hiragana with visual mnemonics.

I did the vowels, then when I got 20 of them right in a row, I added another column, and when I got 40 of those I added a third column then did 60 in a row, and on the 4th I stopped with the first column and did 60 in a row.

You can master the kana in no time flat if you use that method.
>>
There was a link to a .pdf that had a lot of raccomendations but i lost it.
>>
>>3013404
This is what I did too. Katakana is easier to memorize since you are looking at phonetic expressions of English (mostly) words, which is incredibly helpful, since you only have to learn the symbols that make up the words - not the symbols AND the words.

Hiragana is more difficult because you also need to know a few Japanese words and phrases.

By the time you have Hiragana memorized to the point that you can read it by reflex, you should also know a few simpler phrases. After that, the next step is kanji, but even for that you can just memorize the hundred or so that appear more commonly in video games:
- numbers (一、二、三、四、五、六、七、八、九、十)
- directions (上、右、下、左)
- elements/alignments/attributes (火、水、天、魔、大、小 )

hell half the kanji I recognize, I don't even know how to spell out.
>>
File: 356012850.jpg (102KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
356012850.jpg
102KB, 500x443px
(初9級)PS SIMPLE1500 実用シリーズ 漢字クイズ 〜漢字検定にチャレンジ〜 Japanese Kanji Quiz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPHwRJJnUa0
>>
>>3012546

Community Pom
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.